AK & Variants Picture Thread

Awesome! Did the new nozzle decrease the fps at all? Also, between the 56 and 56-1, which do you like better?

Well changed out the spring from the start, so the fps decreased surely,

It's now running around 340-343, every time, so the new nozzle didn't do anything to the airseal, very consistent

I liked the full stocked from the start, I mostly do LRRP and SEAL type games and reenactment stuff, so the full stock is the way to go, weren't much collapsable ones around in VN, most full stock from the dozens of pictures I've seen.

Personal preferences I guess,

I just decided for historical purposes

Also when I played with the collapsble one, I didn't like how it made the front grip difficult to hold one, you couldn't quite wrap your hand aorund it

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is a picture thread guys but this would seem like the best place to look for one as the us sale forums are dead.

Im looking for any AK's of good quality. (preferably Real sword ak's but any one of quality will do)

Will trader a GHK AKS74U gas ak for one with 2 mags and a stock pad and re done wood hand guards. and maybe a pbs4. few pages back are pictures of my GHK.

Thanks,

Steve.

Stock VFC AKS74UN with real AKS74U wood and a paracord stock wrap. Currently running it on a King Arms 11.1V 1100mAh 15C lipo; extremely tight fit, can't even access the the hopup with the cells in place.

I plan switch out to a plastic piston head and upgrade the spring guide and the bushing to a metal set. Also plan to make the magazines look more real with a bakelite effect. And to also bastardize it with a rail, red dot and a light; the two latter a requirement of mine.

But before that:

4838999050_7ba3dfdafb.jpg

Flickr Page

4839001466_e921de1a43.jpg

Flickr Page

Well I went and took some acceptable pictures today of the guns, here they are

Dboys aks74 with

vfc wood

tula bayonet

refinished stock mag and chicom filled with refinished MAG midcaps

LCT brown pistol grip

LCT rpk/74

Brick red LCT pistol grip

Real steel RPK rear sight

Real steel Rpk74 flash hider

Ares Drum mag(Sorry for mixing and matching the RPK with RPK74)

Dboys Aks74u/Slr106ur

pbs1 supressor

ACM cobra

Realsword SVD

Belorussian POSP

group1.jpg

group2.jpg

Great! That´s just the one I´ve been looking for. Cheers.

@ Reincarnation: Oh, I just assumed all the Russian smaller caliber ones (AKS74U and such) are 5.45. Thanks anyways!

Use JB weld. Here's what I did:

1) I cut and matched the stock and the buffer tube attachment (a hacked up plastic M4 lower)

2) I removed all of the paint and grease on the surfaces with acetone

3) I roughed up the two surfaces to be joined with very rough sandpaper - 200 grit or so

4) I mixed the JB weld, then applied a thick coating to the surfaces to be joined

5) I pressed and clamped the buffer adaptor and the receiver

6) I then smoothed out the excess JB weld that had come out of the sides to make a large, flat "cap" on the join to improve the strength of the bond

Leave to dry, paint and done. :D

Oh, and Jebus: *fruitcage* sex on a steel coated stick.

Can i use this pic as a pictorial "Thank You"? :D

P8071041.jpg

---

Also, the actual state of AKS47 (yes, ak S 47 :D), DMR-esque.

P8071053.jpg

See ya! []'s

@ Darklite & Kaworu: I take it because you guys have gone to such lengths to permanently fix LR300 stocks to your AKs that this couldn't be done in a non-permanent way with a King Arms/ACM M4 Stock adaptor? I've been putting off getting the parts to do this for some time but always assumed the adaptor route would work fine.

The adaptor route works fine as long as your receiver stock tangs are still intact. On my AK the stock tangs were broken by the previous owner, so I essentially fabricated an m4 stock adaptor that was permanently attached. I can swap the lr300 stock out for any other m4 aeg stock setup.

Well, her new owner can, I sold it already. :P

I'd say you should put a AKM/47 mag in it, or get a PBS-4. Just a suggestion.

I know it's not the right suppressor for the gun, but I'm going for an MGS2 Gerlucovich AK. Now if I could just find a laser mount that goes around that fat suppressor I'm laughing.

@ Darklite & Kaworu: I take it because you guys have gone to such lengths to permanently fix LR300 stocks to your AKs that this couldn't be done in a non-permanent way with a King Arms/ACM M4 Stock adaptor? I've been putting off getting the parts to do this for some time but always assumed the adaptor route would work fine.

I take a different route using the CYMA CM028U stock http://www.rsov.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=4274 (Based on the G&P AK Tactical kit, afterall), and cutting the mid metal piece between the body and the stock (and also the stock tangs, as my last resort without destroying the stock in process).

The mid metal piece is the big problem because if you cut it "wrong" (i've made some bad mistakes cutting more than needed and doing a "fatality" drilling two unparalleled holes...) you lose the piece, and this funny piece in special, is "Out of Stock" in many airsoft shops ( http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=category&item=TM-PT-AK38&search=special&rs=Marui%20AK%20Parts&catid=62&cat=129 as example)....

About the AK M4 Adapter (maybe this is better for you http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=category&item=KA-STOCK-13BK&search=special&rs=Stocks&catid=14&cat=3 ) from King Arms, it should be compatible (and included a manual) with any TM AK47 model, without using dremel, jb-weld or brute-force.

See ya! []'s

Edited by Kaworu