AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok guys. AK74M stocks. Any chance of hollowing it out to fit a battery? I don't mind the special wiring I'd have to do to allow it. I'd actually rig electrical contacts to allow it to fire when folded.

This is dependent on space of course. Is there any way that with modification, you'd be able to squeeze even a mini battery in it?

Ok guys. AK74M stocks. Any chance of hollowing it out to fit a battery? I don't mind the special wiring I'd have to do to allow it. I'd actually rig electrical contacts to allow it to fire when folded.

This is dependent on space of course. Is there any way that with modification, you'd be able to squeeze even a mini battery in it?

I don't see why not, i'm not sure how big a battery you could get in there (the release button at the rear does take up some space), but if you go with a LIPO stick for instance, i'd guess you could make that work.

You would have to use a 7.4v or 11.1v LiPo, and you would have to be VERY careful. The stock really doesn't have room.

Well, thats disappointing, but thanks.

I'm trying to shoehorn the Cyma copy of the TM recoil mechanism into an AK74. Unfortunately I just can't seem to find a decent 74 with a standard full stock. Any ideas? I'd rather not buy a CYMA 031 AND a metal body, but it may be the only way.

im really really confused at the moment. the whole of the front end of my unicorn AKS74u is crooked in relation to the body. its leaning to the left quite substantially. at the moment i cant figure out how to remove the front assembly as its different to the standard AKs ive got (4 screws in by the magwell, etc). could anyone help me, maybe via PM as not to clog up this thread?

VFC right? you'd do better buying real wood :P the VFC's wood is completely the wrong shape.

i love my VFC, but the wood really lets it down :( the best looking option would to buy a RS set from tantal or something.

Yeah, there's not much point doing alot of work on thouse VFC grips, they will allways look wrong nomatter what you do, RS grips is the way to go, or if you are on a budget, Dboys does make some ok ones, that with a bit of effort, could look quite nice.

im really really confused at the moment. the whole of the front end of my unicorn AKS74u is crooked in relation to the body. its leaning to the left quite substantially. at the moment i cant figure out how to remove the front assembly as its different to the standard AKs ive got (4 screws in by the magwell, etc). could anyone help me, maybe via PM as not to clog up this thread?

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...howtopic=168921

Well, thats disappointing, but thanks.

I'm trying to shoehorn the Cyma copy of the TM recoil mechanism into an AK74. Unfortunately I just can't seem to find a decent 74 with a standard full stock. Any ideas? I'd rather not buy a CYMA 031 AND a metal body, but it may be the only way.

Dboys RK06S.

Yeah, there's not much point doing alot of work on thouse VFC grips, they will allways look wrong nomatter what you do, RS grips is the way to go, or if you are on a budget, Dboys does make some ok ones, that with a bit of effort, could look quite nice.

aye, i (badly) scalloped and vented the upper on mine. looks a bit better from a distance but still not even close.

You are a heartless sod mightyjebus, i've been fighting the urge to build an AK-74N for a long time now, and then you post thouse beuties! now i'm right back where i started with the withdrawals and the hurting and the person.. :(

rusmilitary.com have the newer type AK74 wooden grips in stock. it's the ones without the cutouts.

it's the ones on the bottom ak

%20ak74wood10.jpg

%20ak74wood.jpg

thats beautiful. any idea where i can get some good RS wood for my AIMS? i've been trying google searches but can't come up with anything.

Edited by smelsonlaflin