Unholy Fusions

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not true.

Saying that Flecktarn is the father of CADPAT is like saying that ERDL is the father of US Woodland. It isn't true. The designs certainly have had a great influence, but CADPAT was engineered independently of Flecktarn and, while Flecktarn may have had an influence, so did numerous other camouflage schemes. And MARPAT is not a copy of CADPAT. They were designed at the same time by different entities to different specifications.

They do. How do you think they put M203s on M4 SOPMODs?

Most M4 sopmods mounted with an m203 have been barrel-mounted, not RIS. As seen for example in this set, the M203 is a barrel-mountable one.

Also the SCAR launcher is slightly different from a RIS QD M203 mountable, since it attaches to the full length of the bottom rail, Also stretching behind the magwell. I'm assuming you know this, but I don't think these two attachments (m203 on an M4 with RIS attachment, two screws VS SCAR M203) can be compared.

Just my thoughts.

thingamajig.jpg

thingamajig2.jpg

The Thingamajig-whosamawhatsitz

Actually been considering building something of the sorts, with a bottom-rear loading P90 mag. Just something I came up with while staring at boxes of spare parts.

Edited by Epyon

I havn't seen any RIS-mounted 203s on Marine M16A4s so far. I don't see any logic in using one, since the M5 RAS is pretty much designed for a barrel-mounted one. There is a space on the side rails in the front specifically for a barrel-mounted m203 qd clip to fit through on to the barrel. Such like for example in this pic.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe Marines use RIS-mounted 203s.

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o132/Ep...thingamajig.jpg

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o132/Ep...hingamajig2.jpg

The Thingamajig-whosamawhatsitz

Actually been considering building something of the sorts, with a bottom-rear loading P90 mag. Just something I came up with while staring at boxes of spare parts.

I've thought about bottom loaded P90 mags, but not exactly like that ;)