CYMA P.698 Combat Delta M26 Review

CYMA P.698 Combat Delta M26 Review

IMGP0307.jpg

This is a review of the Cyma P.698. This was my first airsoft pistol and this review has been sitting on my computer for quite a while. I think it's time to release to the public.

Table of Contents:

Real Steel History

Ordering

First impressions

Included

Specifications

Externals

Trademarks

Magazines

Disassembly

Internals

Reassembly

Performance

Durability

Modifications

Pros/Cons

Overall

Real Steel History

Glock1.jpg

In July, 1995, Glock introduced the first real innovationin pocket pistols in seventy years - the 9mm Model 26 and .40 caliber M-27. Fully as compact as the majority of pocket pistols, and in some cases even smaller, the M-26/27 rectifies the pocket pistol's greatest flaw.

Though diminutive in size, they're chambered for the venerable 9mm Parabellum and potent .40 S&W cartridge, thus solving the stopping power problem. And both pistols have excellent high-visibility sights, a super-tough military matte finish, convenient controls and, with ten rounds for the M-26 9mm and nine for the .40 M-27, more than adequate magazine capacity.

(Taken from remtek.com)

Ordering

I ordered this Airsoft pistol from AC Sports through Amazon.com for $20 (including shipping). For unknown reasons you can no longer find this pistol on Amazon.com, at least from AC Sports. I bought this gun for some cheap plinking and because it was advertised to come with a red-dot sight and laser.

First Impressions

IMGP0308.jpg

I was shocked when I opened the box from AC Sports. Inside was two items: A CYMA pistol box and the laser, but the laser was outside of the pistol box without any protection. I took out the laser and pressed on the pressure switch to see if it worked. Luckily it did not receive any damage. I put the laser aside and took out the pistol box. It was pretty light. It was a simple box with a photo of the gun in full "tactical" form on the front and a few photos of different ways you could make the gun look. It also had some warnings about the laser which got me thinking that AC Sports had taken the laser out of the box before shipping it. I opened the box lid to see the gun and all the extras held in place by foam and covered in a plastic wrap. I noticed that the small package of bbs had broken open and gone everywhere in the foam.

Included

The package came with the gun, two magazines (short and extended), compensator, rail system, laser, sight, silencer, cheap glasses, and elastic wrap to hold laser switch in place on the grip.

IMGP0309.jpg

Specifications

Weight (fully loaded with all accessories) – A little less than .75lbs

Length (gun only) – 6.5"

Length (with compensator) – 8.25"

Length (with silencer) – 12.5"

Height (gun w/short magazine) – 4.5"

Height (gun w/extended magazine) – 5.5"

Height (gun w/rail, scope, and extended magazine) – 7.5"

Power Source – Manually cocked spring

Hopup - Fixed (If any at all)

Cocking Effort – Low

Externals

The externals on the pistol are all plastic. There is no safety or slide lock. There is a magazine release on the left hand side of the grip and it is nicely placed and easy to press. I was extremely disappointed with the scope. It was not a red-dot scope as advertised but simply a plastic piece with crosshairs. Also when the silencer was attached it would be crooked either down or up depending on the way you attached it.

IMGP0310.jpg

Trademarks

The pistol does not have any trademarks or markings except for 9x19 and P.698 on the slide.

Magazines

Both magazines that came with the pistol hold 9 bbs. They both have weights and when the magazine release is pressed, slide out of the gun. The short magazine seats in the gun better while the extended magazine moves a bit. Neither have any feeding problems.

Disassembly

The pistol is easy to disassemble and I have made a video showing how.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc1Dkm2py9s

Internals

As shown in the video all the internals of this pistol are plastic save for the springs and weights. The internals are not bad for plastic and look like they can take some abuse.

Reassembly

I also made a video showing how to resemble the pistol in case you do not know how.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-tB3T64e4U

Performance

I did not test to see what the pistols FPS was but I estimate that it is around 125 (w/.2g bbs). I shot the pistol using .2g bbs and got a maximum range of 50ft. The gun shoots about 20ft if you hold it straight. It is not accurate and the bbs have no pattern. The laser was excellent. It has a great range and is aligned pretty well (which was good because that was one of the reasons I bought the pistol).

Durability

I have had the pistol for about 5 months and used it heavily. I have brought it to a few matches just for the heck of it (to use if I was able to sneak up on someone). The gun was not breaking at all until I cocked it and pulled the trigger while the slide was still back. The two tabs that grabbed the air nozzle had broken. I wrapped two wraps of duct tape around the nozzle and it fixed it. Then I slammed the back of the slide against a wall and broke the screw that held the back together. A little bit of tape and it was good as new. For a plastic spring pistol it is pretty durable.

Modifications

I wrapped the air nozzle with electrical tape to see if it would increase the velocity of the bb. I would say it raised it to about 150 and added another 15ft to the pistol's max range. It did nothing to help the accuracy. I tried to devise a way to make the gun have a locking slide but none worked without cutting away too much material. The same went for the open ejection port. Too much material would have to be taken away and would comprise the integrity of the slide. To make the crosshairs on the sight easier to see I applied some black ink to them.

IMGP0311.jpg

Pros/Cons

Pros:

Two magazines

Good laser

Durable

Cons:

Low accuracy

Low magazine capacity

Crooked silencer

Overall

For the price and what is included, this pistol was a good buy. I have seen the laser alone go for $20. It is a nice first pistol for a beginner or someone just looking for some plinking fun.

IMGP0312.jpg