KSC USP Compact

L4byr1nth

Cheers for the tip LJ!

I contacted Mike at Elite Shooting Centre.

He reckons the TK adapter WILL fit the USP compact, as long as you use the plastic outer barrel.

Problem solved. Kinda.

I'd like to use my metal KSC outer barrel. I wonder why you can only use plastic. Is it self-tapping?

Maybe get Candyman or Doc to copy this instead of the whole outer barrel, somehow make it able to fit to the metal barrels? Would be cheaper and awesome.

Ben.

EDIT: Reply from Mike;

"Hi Ben,

The part is dsigned to cut its own tread into the plastic outer barrel, If you had a metal outer barrel with an internal 11mm thread, then it would screw on. Or if you can find some one who can cut an 11mm thread into your metal barrel?

Regards

Mike."

So it IS self-tapping.

In that case, anyone know a nice person who can cut 11mm threads on the inside of outer barrels?

In that case, anyone know a nice person who can cut 11mm threads on the inside of outer barrels?

If you find someone who can I'd be interested too. I've always wanted a threaded outer barrel for my USP .45

It looks like I'm going to attempt tapping the whole myself.

If you look up 'tap and die', or 'tapping a thread' on YouTube, it appears fairly straightforward.

You need a vice, a drill, and the tap.

I'll give it a go, see what it's like.

Ben.

Got my slide now, just having trouble squeezing the blowback mech in and I don't want to force it :S Is there a knack to it? Or am I gonna have to get the file out?

I'm not sure - the metal slide and outer barrel set I bought for my KSC Japan gun was the KSC Taiwan stuff, so it was a direct replacement.

I've heard aftermarket barrels and slides do need filing, but I couldn't advise you as to what to take off where.

Are you sure you're using the right parts... Is the slide System 7? Is your gun System 7?

Ben.

Got it in now :P Just a matter of the right angle :P

Now I have another problem XD How'd you get the inner barrel out of the original barrel? I've followed the picture in the manual, which is pretty useless, and turned the little screw, but I can't seem to get it out... Having a look round for some info now, but if you know how, feel free to tell me :P

One things for sure is I definately need a stronger recoil spring... What're the options? I've heard about G19 springs being used?

It looks like there are a fair few people up for giving this a bash, so when mine is complete, I'll post a how-to guide, along with a step-by-step in pictures.

These guns are really snappy, surprisingly great accuracy, and make good secondary companions to whatever primary you use.

If you're looking for a recoil spring to power your new metal slide, I suggest the Proud Enhanced Recoil Spring, available at UN Company.

Ben.

I got the TK silencer adapter today.

The one I have is for 1911's and HiCapas, but apparently it'll fit the KSC USP Compact as well.

I've got the HK Pro silencer, the King Arms little stubby version... It's going to look great on my USPc :D

Ben.

Stick up a pic when you've sorted out your barrel :P Would be nice to see the shorter silencer before I decide which to buy :P

A word of warning, if the suppressor is too heavy it pulls the outer barrel down and this pivits and the breach part rubs on the inside of the slide causing the slide to catch open leading to firing problems. My suppressor is VERY light ali and small, as you can see in the pics, but this is only just light enough and any more wieght and it will jam... So I wouldn't go too long. I think mine is 100mm.

Archived