Shooters Design Chambers for 1911/hi-capas

RockDog

Hi all, Im wondering if the chambers for the HiCapa made by Shooters Design are compatable with the TM M1911. Ive found the front barrel section for the m1911 by SD but the chambers are confusing. I have used one in the past which was listed for use with both hicapa and m1911 (which has been discontinued), but I see some are listed just for hicapa's. Im just checking in first before I splash out.

Cheers

Nick

I think there are 2 specs of threading out there, at least early on. My suggestion is that if the barrel is for 1911 buy a chamber that says its for Hi-Capa and 1911 as opposed to just Hi-capa.

FYI I have a Barsto .45 Hi-Capa chamber that does not screw in into a barral for 1911....

I have a Springfield Hybrid chamber for TM. Wanted to put it in my Hicapa, but was missing the cone barrel which is almost available nowhere anymore :angry: So I got me the straight one and wanted to put it in my 1911. Didn't work well eighter, because proportions are a bit different: the end of the chamber cut into the ABS and left imprints … sings for an unproper fit to the Marui stock GBB.

cazboab Posted May 4 2009, 09:52 PM

… you shouldn't have much of a problem beyond the same filing and fitting needed … 

Do you or any other reader here can tell me, where exactly to file? On the back? Or also on the bottom? Because I get the slight idea, the chamber sits a tiny bit high and presses against the slide. Right tought or other area to file on?

Well Ive been assured by WGC that they do fit together (the chamber & the barrel) so they are now on the way. I will take a photo of mine when I have it running right mate, its going in a nova kit though so may be a bit different, but not a great deal.

FYI, SD chamber needs to some work to work properly in a Nova. I've had 2 fitted to 2 kits, but they do need work. You need to put a relatively generous chamfer on the slide lug closest to the ejection port(0.020" ish, 45 deg). And you need to deburr and break the edges on the lugs of the chamber itself.

I've also heard that the straight barrel does not fit into a Nova barrel bushing(can probably fix that on a lathe). They work fine in a stock TM bushing though.

SamJacksonFan, I usually round the corner on the hop-up chamber step where the chamber "cam" sits on(just in front of the hole where the slide stop go through, and the corresponding part on the chamber itself.

FYI, SD chamber needs to some work to work properly in a Nova. I've had 2 fitted to 2 kits, but they do need work. You need to put a relatively generous chamfer on the slide lug closest to the ejection port(0.020" ish, 45 deg). And you need to deburr and break the edges on the lugs of the chamber itself.

I've also heard that the straight barrel does not fit into a Nova barrel bushing(can probably fix that on a lathe). They work fine in a stock TM bushing though.

SamJacksonFan, I usually round the corner on the hop-up chamber step where the chamber "cam" sits on(just in front of the hole where the slide stop go through, and the corresponding part on the chamber itself.

Ah thanks for the advice mate, I will see how I get on with the bushing. no doubt you will be seeing the end result in the 1911 pics section in a week or so ;)

Nick

Archived