Hello from Tac-4 Israel and a shout out to the real hero's of the IDF.

Here is a picture from our last game on Sat:

IDFFNCQB.jpg

And some other pics of our team to start off this thread on a good note:

game_photo_72.jpg

game_photo_74.jpg

game_photo_46.jpg

game_photo_75.jpg

game_photo_47.jpg

game_photo_48.jpg

game_photo_54.jpg

From henceforth let the IDF goodness flow forth.

(my hosting sight sometimes goes on the fritz - don't worry if you can't see the first image)

Edited by Horse
  • Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I used to run an IDF with a team called Sayeret Golani(US based one) before it disbanded. It's not a kit for the faint of checkbook, that's for sure. It's refreshing to see that TAC-4 is looking a marginally more Israeli than they were back when I was involved with the kit.

I wish I had more photos of us, but this was the only one I could find still on my PC.

img3964medium.jpg

Anybody have info on the kind of LBE used by the Zahal from around the time of the Yom Kippur war to the Lebanon conflict (1973 to 1982)? I'm trying to figure out if it's identical to this or something different.

If that Cybergun metal Uzi is anything worth writing home about and if I can grow some period authentic sideburns to go with my aviators I may try for a 70's/80's setup. Problem is that while I've located IDF canvas Uzi pouches that look like they'd mount on British or South African LBE of the period (58 pat or SADF 70 pat) I can't seem to find a comparable Israeli rig.

Anybody have info on the kind of LBE used by the Zahal from around the time of the Yom Kippur war to the Lebanon conflict (1973 to 1982)? I'm trying to figure out if it's identical to this or something different.

It's an early model of the Ephod. They were still wearing gear (mostly the reservists were) from the First Lebanon War in the Second Lebanon War. The Ephod I have was used in both conflicts before being sold by the user to our now defunct team Sayeret Golani. The pack I have is very similar to the one you posted, only it has a pack attatched to it on the empty space on the shoulders. The first owner had rigged some pouches to the shoulder straps that were cut off, but thats pretty much the same rig. Israeli gear hasn't changed too much over time. Up until recently they mostly used the web gear you linked and the weapons they used changed over time. So the difference in kit would be transitioning from the FN FAL from the '50's through the '70's to the IMI Galil in the '70's to mid '80s when the IDF started to import armalite receivers (usually 650s, 730 and 733 recievers, and the Israeli version of hi-speed is very different from the US) from the US. The kit would be the same until the 90's with the introduction of the mitznifet and almost exclusive use of armalites.

Does this answer your question or did i ramble on too much?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks a lot! That L1A1 is nice, I want to make something like that but keep the original barrel and I''m not sure about painting it, since I would like to keep it at its original form and transition to the DMR version. Maybe even add a railed fore-grip.

How is the STAR? You could PM it so we don't get a billion off topic posts! I want to see which is better to buy, the STAR or KA. Right now it looks like the KA.