• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've come to the conclusion Israelis must be lacking in the buttock area. Having received uniforms for myself and a lady friend I can safely say my well sculpted, muscular *albatross* is too substancial for the trousers. Not sure if it needs "getting used to" or "getting rid of" at the moment.

Edited by -Angel-
I've come to the conclusion Israelis must be lacking in the buttock area. Having received uniforms for myself and a lady friend I can safely say my well sculpted, muscular *albatross* is too substancial for the trousers. Not sure if it needs "getting used to" or "getting rid of" at the moment.

It's a multistep problem. One, you deal with the different cut uniforms. The other half is Israelis are just smaller in general. Then you deal with certain places not knowing how to translate/convert the measurements for your order. I'm 6'2'', 215lbs and had to get a size pants that are 4 inches larger than normal just to get the hips and inseam correct. Now, the upside is that the pants are super comfortable baggy, and their belts work perfectly. My advice is to get a larger size pants, due to the uniform not stretching much. Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

Zahal are out of stock on most uniforms. Mine came from ebay;

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/bgy2010__W0QQ_armrsZ1

If you email him your sizes, he'll dig around for a set and list them for you.

EDIT: Unless you are around a 30"-32" waist, inwhich case you can buy mine and i'll contact him for some bigger ones!

Edited by -Angel-
A little off topic, but does any one else find Israeli women extremely attractive especially in full kit.

+1

There's a website somewhere - chicks in uniform or something. Most of the girls on it are stunning! Anyone got a link? Perhaps unsurprisingly, there are few UK chicks there.

But I digress...

I'll bet you lot were stoked when you found out the TAVOR was being produced?

Great thread [gets popcorn and will post when I get some pics of my CTAR done]. :)

Where have you guys got the MEPROLIGHT from?

:)

I found this exact problem in my MCCUU MARPAT trousers, not nearly enough room in the buttocks/crotch area, and they are size medium as I wear my old BDU's in that size and they fit great. Now I need to get rid of them and get a larger size...

Sorry for the offtopicness.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Galil was used in late 1970s and early 1980s, only by regular troops (not special forces which preferred CAR-15, AK and sometimes UZI).

By late 1980s and early 1990s most Galils were pulled out of service. Only Galil SAR were still used by reservists and non combat units until late 1990s, when even those troops switched to M4/16 variants. Galils were meanwhile sold all over the world (South America, Africa, Asia).

There are many theories why IDF switched to M4, but they got them much cheaper than what Galil cost them. Also, M4 is more accurate and lighter.

Try to find photos from 1982 Lebanon war, this was perhaps the last major use of Galil by IDF.

Galil was used in late 1970s and early 1980s, only by regular troops (not special forces which preferred CAR-15, AK and sometimes UZI).

By late 1980s and early 1990s most Galils were pulled out of service. Only Galil SAR were still used by reservists and non combat units until late 1990s, when even those troops switched to M4/16 variants. Galils were meanwhile sold all over the world (South America, Africa, Asia).

There are many theories why IDF switched to M4, but they got them much cheaper than what Galil cost them. Also, M4 is more accurate and lighter.

Try to find photos from 1982 Lebanon war, this was perhaps the last major use of Galil by IDF.

In Portugal. they are still used by the "Páras" (airborne)

So while speaking with one of my friends currently in the IDF, he "enlightened" me on the issue of the pants. If you look at the inside of your pants, on the butt area, you should see a triangle shaped piece of cloth where the legs are sewn together. You can let the seam out and unstitch the triangle swath of cloth, and re sew it with extra cloth from that triangle. The triangle is form where they roll up extra material from the legs while forming the butt area, so it'll all stitch back together. Everyone in the IDF is taught how to sew, especially the combat units, as they can customize their vests how they see fit by sewing together their own pouches in the config they like best. The upside to this "buttocks problem", is that the girls in the IDF tighten the pants and wear skin tight uniforms...so I dont really think this is a problem anymore. lol If anyone needs pics, I'll try to upload them when I get off work.