• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice pics! Only thing i would think to fix, is blouse your boots, and take any rank/unit patches off. When IDF units are in combat, they rock sterile uniforms. The blousing the boots is a personal thing as many soldiers dont care, but those in the elite counter terror units do it as a matter of pride. Maybe get some OD elastic bands for your blaster, but otherwise your kit looks awesome and your back drop is sweet!

Thanks, Heeb. I might try to explain some things about this kit:

- the goggles are ESS (even though I own a pair of original IDF EPS 21s, elite units seem to favor US goggles)

- the ranks and patches will go away

- blousing the boots - I've studied many photos of IDF SF and it is very mixed - perhaps in the heat of action pants do find their way ouf ;)

- the gun actually has a elastic band, but it is all black and covers almost all of the front sight - I found this in certain Duvdevan DVD material (ex member explaining tactics, techniques and gear) - the band covers forward part of the handguard as to protect the shooter from hot barrel - left hand grabs the rifle further forward than usual, which is a particular technique in IDF SF urban units (more about it here: http://counterterrorwarfare.com/rifle_course_dvd.htm)

• 1 month later...

One more, closer look

opre.jpg

Original IDF helmet with cover and band, EPS-21 goggles (issue), Marom Dolphin vest, IDF bulletproof vest (NIJ IIIA), Marom Dolphin holster, M4A1 with usual IDF gadgets (IDF sling, Mepro 21, grip band, AMRS #40 BUIS), IDF uniform and belt, commercial hiking boots (very common among SF crowd).

Thanks, Heeb. Yes, balaclava is usually there, I dropped it this time for no particular reason ;).

Mepro 21 is good in most situations - it is always there and works, no need to turn it on/off or adjust brightness. Sturdy, does not lose zero with GBBR recoil (it is real steel, afterall). QD levers are excellent. Drawbacks are that lens is tinted and this does not help in twilight or when aiming at shadows. Also, if you are in dark environment and aiming at lighter target (in a dark house aiming throught the window), you don't see the dot very good (as it got dimmer because of the darker environment). I am also not sure if it will shatter from BB impact, so I always use a homemade lens protector. In all honesty, EOtech is better overall, but Mepro is far from useless.

But airsoft is all about looking awesome. Which means if you can use an awesome Israeli weapon sight instead of a 'generic' US sight, then go for it! And looking at your kit makes me really wanna step mine up. I really wanna get a Tavor and one of the full body camo suits and a new mitznefit.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been going through tons of pictures in my efforts to build an Egoz loadout, but I had a question about the vests they wear. I've got it narrowed to two choices from what I've seen; which one fits the SF loadout more? From what I've seen, the front of the vest looks more like the 2nd link but the back always seems to have a different setup on it. Once I secure this vest, I'll finally be able to get some pictures up here!

http://www.zahal.org/products/marom-dolphin-special-forces-combatant-vest-tv7702?path_parent=153327

http://cgi.ebay.com/Combat-Tactical-Battle-VEST-IDF-Special-Forces-/390215471936?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5adaa79340