Do you hate the 9yr old with your Dream Gun

DCAP

Bwahaha, borrowing a PTW... I'd love to know someone who was wealthy enough to just lend out PTWs to his friends/children/whatever.

I lend my Systema SPR out to anyone who wants to play with it! It's a grands worth of kit fair enough but the look on their faces after they've used it for a day is priceless :) I'm far from wealthy though :(

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I lend my Systema SPR out to anyone who wants to play with it! It's a grands worth of kit fair enough but the look on their faces after they've used it for a day is priceless :) I'm far from wealthy though :(

Well you're certainly generous then, I've only gotten to hold one...but it had a real steel RIS...(dreamy look)

But yea, a 10-12 year old running into a shop carrying a PTW and asking for upgrade parts? Come on... I didn't have allowance when I was that old lol

Well you're certainly generous then, I've only gotten to hold one...but it had a real steel RIS...(dreamy look)

But yea, a 10-12 year old running into a shop carrying a PTW and asking for upgrade parts? Come on... I didn't have allowance when I was that old lol

I think of it in this way, what's the worst that could happen.. everything is fixable at cost, obviously some things cost more than others. My SPR has a 16" YHM real steel RIS a YHM front end along with a decent scope and modded fixed stock. I find if it's lent to someone and they are aware of the cost to do it up they treat it with the equivalent respect, at least that's been my experience so far.

In Greece, where I come from, the law prohibits the use of airsoft guns by minors.

Personally I believe that it should be like this, it requires a certain level of maturity to own, curry, and use an airsoft gun.

Yes I don know that sometimes there are some 40 year olds that :ranting2:

I built a VSR that was reaching around 720 FPS with a .2g. I have never caused any more damage then a small skin puncture that resulted in a very minimal loss of blood. I now own a fully automatic VFC Scar-H shooting mid 500's,

must be great fun playing against you!! dude that is a ridiculous amount of fps.. :waggle:

do you have minimum engagement distances at the sites you go to?

anyone using a gun on me that caused a "small skin puncture and minimal loss of blood" would get the rifle wrapped round their head.. :angry2:

if you need such a powerful gun to play effectively then there is something seriously wrong with your playing style...

Seconded with the above comments about very high fps...But good for you Optomis, sounds like you did the sensible thing.

I take on board all the standard comments like "I'm x years old and I'm just as mature as someone who is older.." or "there are people in their 20s/30s/40s who are still tw@s" and I agree. But I think for general reasons like insurance, average maturity, feeling a bit 'iffy' about shooting small children (occasionally) that there should be an age limit of airsofting.

Personally speaking I got into it when I was 14/15. but I didn't skirmish until I was 16, or own a gun until I was 17. I think an age limit of 16, maybe 15 with parents consent would be a sensible idea.

It would, I think, promote a higher level of maturity and make the game safer. As always, there are exceptions to the rule, but I think that would be a good idea.

Im gonna quote UKARA here guys... were trying to fight our corner atm and pro 18 seems to be the logical stand point for legal reasons but how about trainer wheels and L plates for 16 years on.... thats the way it works on the roads ;)

Younger kids 13+ i would like to see only with an accompanying and skirmishing adult to supervise .. i belive it is all our goals to nurture responsible young players but we shouldnt be babysitters either .

Younger players ......sorry guys ...but if it was my call . :waggle:

Bwahaha, borrowing a PTW... I'd love to know someone who was wealthy enough to just lend out PTWs to his friends/children/whatever.

try Spec ops Dorset .... these things regularly get lent out to team mates and the like ... Its just a tool...yeah an expensive one ;) but its still just a tool .... no advantage if your a ###### shot :flamed:

I think the age limit is fine in airsoft at the moment but there should be a little kids range of guns that are limited to like 150 fps so they wouldnt get hurt as much and it would keep them interested in the game so they would play when they are older

I'm assuming that you mean there should be seperate games for little kids? With the 150fps limited guns? Otherwise you're just gonna end up with a bunch of little kids getting horrendously outgunned in every game.

• 2 weeks later...
I think the age limit is fine in airsoft at the moment but there should be a little kids range of guns that are limited to like 150 fps so they wouldnt get hurt as much and it would keep them interested in the game so they would play when they are older

If anything, this would turn away most kids from the game. In general, you can't do much with 150 fps. I think this would only prevent younger players from seeing the rest of the airsoft world. I don't see why you'd be worried about us hurting ourselves. If we couldn't handle being shot, we would be afraid to play at all. Unless you're talking about small children here (as in 6-10 ish year olds), who would plainly be too young to do something like airsoft at all.

I think that, if you must place age restrictions on younger players, at least give the dedicated, serious younger airsofters a way to "prove themselves," so to speak. Perhaps a test that produces an airsoft license of sorts, which would then allow you to go on without the suggested parental supervision. It isn't fair, in my opinion, to diminish the privileges of the minority of teen airsofters such as myself, who do take it seriously and such, because some other younger players can't be burdened to be mature and responsible. I'm also quite sick of immature players, namely because most of my airsofting peers ( as Shibisueka will tell you) would rather just goof off and play paintball style run and gun, and can't bear to do any sort of scenario as we would like to.

Isn't that what TM attempted to do with their BOYS range?

As regards to age, to echo most other here, 18 should be the age to skirmish and own airsoft guns.

Reminds of the film Lord of war, a bullet from a 12 year old is just as effective as a bullet from a 30 year old, sometimes more effective

I've always been saying that airsoft is not for kids. There are multiple reasons to this - first of all you need a proper level of resposibility. As Airsoft is very fragile sport any stupid kid can destroy it by taking his M4 to school to show off or start carying his USP behind his belt for the same reason. Secondly I've seen many times how youngsters were taking off their goggles to clear the steam off and I don't want to be responsible for taking kid's eyes out because of his stupidity. Etc.

I would say that absolute minimum should be 18 years or 16 if accompanied by an adult.

you cant dimish an age group im 15 and bought my first gun in 2007 after ym birthday so i was just turned 14 its more about maturity and training. teenagers and also ALOT of adult airsofters have had no weapons training whatso ever realy simple things liek not looking down a barrel unless its been cleared and the upper reciver is removed and checking a chamber and even keeping the barrel in a safe direction. so im saying its not about age its about training and knowledge if a parent buys the weapon as a present for thier son or daughter and shows them how to use it responsable and "do not tell your friends that you have this" or "never take it out side and brandish it" and enforce it then its safe.so rely im saying it depends on the individual and so no one asks yes i have done real steel weapons training

That's because you've got responsible parents, the problem concerns teenagers being parented by people whose reproduction process should be disabled. And I'm pretty sure that you could find more than just a couple of these kind of kids in your school. We've had a 13yo playing with us few times along with his father, however this kid was very disciplined - it all comes down to the way the child is being upraised.

The bottom line is that not everybody's lucky enough to have a good parents who really take care of their children, the way they behave and who are sure about how their kids will act when on their own. The fact that one 15yo when let into a pub will order Coce doesn't mean that another one won't go for a pint of Stella if you catch my drift? Like I wrote before – we need to take all measures necessary to protect our sport and as UKARA states – the minimum age to buy/own a RIF is 18. And in my view we should stick to it.

The problem with that is the fact that, as has been stated, teenagers aren't the only ones misbehaving. You can't say there aren't plenty of immature, undisciplined adults out there doing exactly what you accuse the kids of doing. I've seen grown men take off their goggles and joke around with their loaded rifles without eye protection on. I've unloaded nearly an entire pistol mag into one guy's chest as he ran towards our bunker and then watched him dive behind cover and keep shooting... I then got shot by another adult with a hot gun from roughly 8 feet away, which lead to me bleeding from the head. My point is that you can't solely blame all the immaturity problems you see on the field on teenagers. I agree wholeheartedly with Boomheadshot.

Don't forget that guy who almost got into a fist fight because he got shot. But honestly, I think I've met more adults of such than teenagers. But I *do* have to agree, that as a generalization, us teenagers probably aren't as mature as adults. If I were in charge, I'd find out who is in the immature group through other players, and my own ends, and make them dissappear from my site. :P I dont' care about some logistical problems associated with that :D

Don't forget that guy who almost got into a fist fight because he got shot. But honestly, I think I've met more adults of such than teenagers. But I *do* have to agree, that as a generalization, us teenagers probably aren't as mature as adults. If I were in charge, I'd find out who is in the immature group through other players, and my own ends, and make them dissappear from my site. :P I dont' care about some logistical problems associated with that :D

On Sunday we had a bad case when a 30-ish guy walked in. He started trash-talking, cheating, and being a downright @$$hole. During a medic game he was yelling out people's positions and he also shot at me with his pistol while he was down. Then while we were in the staging area he made subtle threats. Really, a 30 year old threatening a 15 year old? Its these kinds of overgrown brats that airsoft can do without. I've met plenty of younger airsofters who know how to act courteously.

oooh these kids throwing up some really good arguments based on actual observation and facts rather than speculation and plain good old ignorance. I can see some arrogant posts here, it must be the drive to leave childhood/enter manhood and to distance themselves from other children. Id suggest that people who havent played on site with children aged 8+ get some experience of it to validate their opinions. I have and whilst Ive met some arrogant tosspot poor playing airsofters whom I absolutely hate with a passion, they are all over the age of 18.

I also speak as a parent which some of you will be one day and your views will change. So why not think on now and change now rather than waste years thinking differently. I would be gutted for you if in between the years of you having children that airsoft would be put into a mandatory 18 years of age bracket. Theres nothing finer than fielding your own blood squad and standing side by side with the fruit of your loins knowing your back is covered to the death.

I started airsoft when I was around 14 used to go pretty frequently to firefight Reading (with my paper round money). Did I think I was responsible, hell yeah I did!

Was I actually responsible enough? looking back thats pretty debatable. In terms of eye protection and gun control I was probably alright, but I used to loose my temper VERY quickly over almost nothing when caught up in the moment.

I remember a certain assult on a village. All the huts had small gaps in the sides of them, through which I could clearly see two or three members of the opposing force. So me being me legged it up to said huts, jammed the barrel of my rifle pretty much into the guys *albatross* and let rip with a looong burst, ran round the hut and did the same to the next guy.

Would I do the same now? no probably not, a burst from about 10 meters or more would have done the trick or a single shot from nearby. I wasn't old enough to consider how it would have felt had somebody done the same to me, didn't even enter my mind. I even remember almost chuckling to myself thinking, man thats got to hurt!

Just some food for thought

Perhaps people have played on site with kids, and do have valid opinions. Just because they don't fit with yours, doesn't make them ignorant or wrong.

Double that. That was the show of arrogance simply stating that 'if one doesn't agree with my opinion he's simply a twat.'

I've wrote this on base of my own experience and if some of you would read it carefully then you would caught the fragment telling about my friend's son playing with us occasionally.

When you write about irresponsible adults - can't agree more. On every site there's one or two guys whose guts you absolutely hate but there's a wee difference in consequences of their actions. Especially the legal ones. If something bad will happen on the site to an adult there's a less chance it will cause a mess since he'd agreed to rules of the site, etc. If the same thing would happen to underage person not only the site but sport as a whole could suffer due to actions taken by for example - an over raged mother.

And yes, there are Youngsters and there are youngsters same goes for adults...

Could never forget him! He gets shot though he was dead, apparently he didn't call hit loud enough, and cannot handle himself. He runs up (looking like he's going for the flag, since he's screaming without his hands up and running straight at us, which earned him a few more BBs :rolleyes: ) and starts making some very violent threats to our teammate who had shot him. With our entire team aiming straight at him, he screams for a minute, very nearly starting something that surely would have had someone banned from the site. Eventually, one of his teammates (also dead) walks up, grabs him by the vest, tells him to shut up and drags him back to respawn...

Also, I don't doubt that there are plenty of immature teenagers, or that there aren't plenty of mature adults, but the point is that you shouldn't say "All kids are immature, and so shouldn't be allowed to play." Since that's clearly not true. What we really need at Sequoia are stricter refs, maybe then people will stop cheating and attacking each other.

On Sunday we had a bad case when a 30-ish guy walked in. He started trash-talking, cheating, and being a downright @$$hole. During a medic game he was yelling out people's positions and he also shot at me with his pistol while he was down. Then while we were in the staging area he made subtle threats. Really, a 30 year old threatening a 15 year old? Its these kinds of overgrown brats that airsoft can do without. I've met plenty of younger airsofters who know how to act courteously.

Reminds me of some rather drunk men at a baseball game we saw the other night. Spent a good 20 minutes screaming back and forth and making childish taunts. While very amusing, quite obnoxious. It sounds like this guy is just desperate to have power over something, be it some children at an airsoft game.

oooh these kids throwing up some really good arguments based on actual observation and facts rather than speculation and plain good old ignorance. I can see some arrogant posts here, it must be the drive to leave childhood/enter manhood and to distance themselves from other children. Id suggest that people who havent played on site with children aged 8+ get some experience of it to validate their opinions. I have and whilst Ive met some arrogant tosspot poor playing airsofters whom I absolutely hate with a passion, they are all over the age of 18.

I also speak as a parent which some of you will be one day and your views will change. So why not think on now and change now rather than waste years thinking differently. I would be gutted for you if in between the years of you having children that airsoft would be put into a mandatory 18 years of age bracket.

Thank you!

Theres nothing finer than fielding your own blood squad and standing side by side with the fruit of your loins knowing your back is covered to the death.

I thoroughly enjoyed this.

Perhaps people have played on site with kids, and do have valid opinions. Just because they don't fit with yours, doesn't make them ignorant or wrong.

I don't believe he's trying to say "You're all stupid because you disagree with me," but criticizing the plenty of people in this thread who are saying things like "I saw a kid cheat once, so they must all be immature and dishonest. We should make an age limit!"

Archived