Real Deal Info:
The Combat Integrated Releasable Armor System (CIRAS) is now the armor carrier of choice for USSOCOM (BALCS-R). The CIRAS vest incorporates a single release cable that makes the assembly process easier than it's predecessors. There are two versions of the CIRAS vest, the Maritime and the Land version.

Overview:
Everybody wants to know two things about Flyye gear: first, what is the quality like and second, how close is their coyote brown color to "X" company's?
Well, hopefully I can answer both questions along with some other information.

First things first, the quality. I have not personally handled an Eagle Ind CIRAS so I can't comment on how this compares to that, but I have handled a Pantac CIRAS. I would confidently say that the Flyye CIRAS is at the very least of equal quality to Pantac, if not better. The stitching is very good and all the build material is excellent. This does not feel like a cheap copy; it is very durable and it looks like it will be able to take a lot of abuse. Way more abuse, I think, than any airsofter would be able to give it.

Now on to the CB color. Again, I do not have EI CB gear to compare it to, but I have seen pictures comparing EI, Flyye, Pantac and SDS CB and can tell you from my experience, the Flyye CB is a touch darker than EI's. It is pretty much about the same color as Pantac's CB. Now, does this matter; no. CB is CB, and as numerous Marines and Navy sailors have told me, no service man/woman cares if their gear is a slight shade off or different, as long as it is good quality. And due to the nature of CB, the color will vary from batch to batch. So you can have two different pieces of gear from the same retailer that came from different batches be two different shades of CB.

The vest is very well made; everything seems to be to the correct dimensions and you can tell that all the building materials are of high quality. The inside has a mesh pocket for putting soft armour as well as a built in section for plates (two replica plates are included) and connectors for a groin protector. The pouches that came with the vest are of the same high quality in both build and materials. With some replica gear you run into the problem of magazine pouches being just a bit too small to comfortable fit what they are supposed to fit. Not so with the Flyye gear. The M4 double magazine pouches each fit two M4 magazines securely enough so that they don't fall out with the flap folded in, but not so tight that you need to bust out the Astroglide just to fit the magazines in. I was able to fit the magazines in comfortable both with magpuls and without. All of the rest of the pouches are of the same quality and there is not much else to say about them; they do what they are supposed to do well.

What it came with:
  • One Dual-Magazine Pouch (Each pouch holds two M4 magazines)
  • Two single M16 magazine pouches.(Each pouch holds two M4 magazines)
  • One Dual Pistol Magazine Pouches
  • Medical Pouch
  • Admin Map Pouch
  • Radio Pouch
  • Large Accessories Pouch
  • One Smoke Grenade Pouch
  • Two Soft Armor Plate

Conclusion:
A great quality vest at a reasonable price. I honestly feel like this vest will give you the most bang for your buck. You really just can't go wrong with this vest.

Pictures:

Please Excuse The Fact That The Vest Is So "Smashed." I Had Just Litterally Taken It Out Of The Box So It Was Still Recovering Its Shape

Front
100_1779.jpg

Right Side
100_1780.jpg

Back
100_1781.jpg

Left Side
100_1782.jpg

The Whole Package Laid Out
100_1783.jpg

Underside
100_1784.jpg

Close Up
100_1787.jpg

Plate Pouch
100_1788.jpg

Groin Protector Attachment
100_1789.jpg

Update:
I have now had this vest for a couple of months and have used it in a few games in that time period. I can honestly say that I think the vest is getting better. As I am breaking it in from use, the vest fits better, feels better, seems easier to swap around pouches and just all around breaks in nicely. The MOLLE webbing is very sturdy and looks like would be able to handle a lot of abuse without problems. The setup of the vest is really nice, it appears to be a great copy of the original CIRAS. All the features work really well: the velcro closures are of good quality and have taken a good amount of use without any problems, the zippers are YKK zippers, so you know they'll last. It fits together nicely too; when you put it on, it wears like it is supposed to, it doesn't have any manufacturing problems (like miss matched sizes on different parts or components). I accidently got a size large when I needed a size medium, but it wasn't a problem as this vest is very adjustable. I was able to size it down to just about the smallest setting (it could go one buckle smaller) and it fits me perfectly. I cannot recommend this vest enough. This vest is perfect for the serious hardcore re-enactor to the newest newbie looking for gear to get into the sport. If you want to only have to buy one vest that will last you for the life of your airsofting career, this would be it.
  • 4 months later...
How much monies?

If I recal correctly ~$250

Needs soft armor. ;)

Bah! I hate wearing armor in my vests. The first thing I did was take out the plates, they are still sitting in a closet somewhere. I know some people love playing with the armor, but I prefer it without. ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
That looks pretty nice actually...

Yeah, it sure as heck does.

I am not sure on how correct this story is, but I heard the reason why Flyye is at least as nice as pantac is this:

Pantac started as Phantom

Phantom branched off and worked with Flyye, becoming a true competitor to Pantac

Used the same materials

Its something along the likes of that, not sure on how true that is though.

Just wondering crackisbad, how tall are you? I'm 5'6 and still growing, do you think it would fit me well still?

Edited by AEGmaniac

Regarding Flyye/Pantac/Phantom: Clicky!

Anywho, the large, I think, would be way to big for you, unless you are "big boned" ;) I am 6'1" and ~210lbs and it fits me pretty good on the lower "settings." If you don't expect to get bigger than 6' or ~200lbs you should be good with a medium. Here is a link to an old picture of it on me: Clicky!

The nice thing about the CIRAS is that it is very adjustable. So you would be able to get a medium, size it down to a smaller setting for now and as you grow bigger, size it up to a larger setting.