Multicam Loadout Pictures MkII

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My feeling is they were probably buoyed substantially by contracts during Aussie deployment in Afghan, which allowed them to develop a lot of stuff and take a few more 'risks' and do more runs of smal

Posted Images

This is my MC kit, a bit more updated since the pic rws posted up last page:

snip

And with my helmet's new paintjob, which is somewhat harder to make out due to low light:

snap

This is definitely still a major work in progress, but it's coming along nicely. Hopefully a VFC SCAR-H should be mine soon, so long as I can verify SR25 magazines will work with proper modification of the magwell (it's a pain that VFC stuck that little thing in there).

You know that VFC FINALLY released midcaps for the SCAR-H right? As for the magwell mod, I don't see why it wouldn't work, but If you wanna use SR-25 mags in a SCAR-H, why not just buy the crappy CA one? ;) The whole reason the VFC mags are different is that they are made the same way the real ones are, not like CA who just half-donkyed it.

Other than that, love the kit, especially the EPC, god knows I love mine :D.

• 2 weeks later...
Found some pics showing Honkers with replica MC stuff: :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/kwp/55bb4153.jpg

I was in HK for 8 months last year and it was so hard to find real MC :-(. Very very few shops had it. I even mailed UR-Tact and they said they're online only (and therefore prices the same in HK as in overseas). Seemed most HKers prefer DPM (at least those walking around MK).

Edited by AnakChan
*snip*

Lizzard: how dont you fog up with that loadout? Mine fogs like hell with my boonie on.

I'm so high speed, that they actually do fog up, but the fog can never catch up, so it just floats around and follows me.

Seriously, though, just keep the goggles clean and spray some anti-fog as well. I've had them slightly fog up that day, and the result was the inner lense becoming dirty. I haven't even removed the foam on the vents on mine.

You know that VFC FINALLY released midcaps for the SCAR-H right? As for the magwell mod, I don't see why it wouldn't work, but If you wanna use SR-25 mags in a SCAR-H, why not just buy the crappy CA one? ;) The whole reason the VFC mags are different is that they are made the same way the real ones are, not like CA who just half-donkyed it.

Other than that, love the kit, especially the EPC, god knows I love mine :D .

And you know that they hadn't released the magazines until after my post, right?

It's my impression that the SCAR-H uses 7.62 STANAG magazines, the same magazines that the SR-25 uses.

Thanks, the EPC is really nice, I'm glad I got it.

Arafat, the black and OD really kill the MC...

Edited by Lizzard
I was in HK for 8 months last year and it was so hard to find real MC :-(. Very very few shops had it. I even mailed UR-Tact and they said they're online only (and therefore prices the same in HK as in overseas). Seemed most HKers prefer DPM (at least those walking around MK).

yes, most of my mc stuffs were ordered online, and shipped back to hk.

The stuff from ur-tactical is good, right? I'm mostly wanting it to be strong and not fade, with as much as I would be paying.

Probably should note, real MC will fade too. There are recommendations on how to wash real MC..should check out Multicamaddict.com.

Personally I do like stuff from UR-Tact. They've got pretty good stuff; they supplied (non-MC) outfits for Terminator Salvation. When CP combat gear was difficult to obtain, UR-Tact was a decent alternative. However it seems CP Gen2's much easier to obtain nowadays.

It's my impression that the SCAR-H uses 7.62 STANAG magazines, the same magazines that the SR-25 uses.

Nope, they use their own expensive as hell mags. Probably FN's way of giving the finger to Uncle Sam should they want to use the SCAR-H.

As for UR-tact stuff, I love my pants, but I do have a couple gripes about it. The side pockets under buckled ones are zippered, but the zipper is really tiny and it can get lost at the bottom of the pocket and then gets really hard to retrieve. Its also kind of hard to use with gloved hands (and since the zippers are so small you can't make zipper pulls out of 550). Another gripe (though its more a personal one) is that there are no normal pockets on the front which I like to have during downtime in spawn/waiting to get on the field. Its a small thing, but its to be expected with the more combat style cut of the pants. Another thing is the velcro that keeps the kneepads close gets really itchy if you don't have really high socks on. It could just be me, but I find they itch like crazy. Other that, I love them :D.

Nope, they use their own expensive as hell mags. Probably FN's way of giving the finger to Uncle Sam should they want to use the SCAR-H.

*snip*

I knew FN made their own mags (as they do for the MK16 as well, though it accepts normal STANAG mags), but I could have sworn it was compatible with 7.62 STANAGs as well... I mean, I would think they'd want to so that anyone looking to adopt it would be saving costs on magazines (assuming there are already some in their inventory), thus making the weapon more desirable.