Multicam Loadout Pictures MkII

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My feeling is they were probably buoyed substantially by contracts during Aussie deployment in Afghan, which allowed them to develop a lot of stuff and take a few more 'risks' and do more runs of smal

Posted Images

it seems sacky but when running etc the slack kinda works...i would love some real plates (though most my team would tell me not to as the f**king thing is heavy enough). cheers for comments though!

Would foam work??

You could get plastic replica plates, they don't really weigh anything. Though I like having a somewhat-realistic weight on my rig (minus the ammo weight, which would be much more than what I've got with light AEG mags), helps me appreciate the real guys more.

intergrated kneepads are the way forward. i dont think i could ever go back to normal BDU trousers etc. oh and ops FTW!

Indeed they are. I love them so much that I think I'll try to mod a set of woodland pants to accept Crye pads for my woodland kit.

The replica plates are somewhat to thick. I have a sheet of hard foam(I don't know how to say in english) which is a almost not flexible but is not as thick as those replica stuff. And it fits into my MBSS.

I wouldn't want some real plates in my vest, I go lightweight high speed.

You mean like styrofoam? That might work. I've got some soft foam in my CIRAS, and it works fine. I've had replica plates before, but I feel like they are sometimes constricting. Like when I bend over, they kind of get in the way. That's why I like the foam I've got- it's light, and it bends if it needs to, though will stay mostly upright on it's own. Regardless, nice setup greensta.

I just recieved my ebaybanned plates today.I've fitted them into my vest for a game in the Welsh Mountains this weekend(where Multicam works well),i intend to fill them with sand for weight{after the game} but they make the plate carrier feel more realistic.I have cut up kip mat foam to act as soft armour but intend to buy the replica stuff to fill the vest out.Kip mat fills out the vest while allowing it to be flexible but i prefer to feel the same movement restrictions as the real stuff would cause.Of course this is all a matter for personal preferance but i think it helps with the overall look & feel of my gear.

The replica plates are somewhat to thick. I have a sheet of hard foam(I don't know how to say in english) which is a almost not flexible but is not as thick as those replica stuff. And it fits into my MBSS.

I wouldn't want some real plates in my vest, I go lightweight high speed.

If I'm looking for a really lightweight, high speed kit, I'd wear a light kit, most likely using a chest rig. Plate carriers are heavy in real life, so it's silly to use them for an uber lightweight loadout.

@Kiki-Jiki: Nah, styrofoam seems(at least to me and I think of those coffee cups) to break to fast. The strukture might be the same but its definitaly harder and more flexible. I'll take some fotos if you want and ask my brother where he found it.

@ Rolling-thunder: I wouldn't change the sleeping mat in my PACA for the replica stuff because they suck. They're really thin and way more flexible than those camping mats. And they have like plastic around them what makes them slide around in your vest if they're not big enough to fill all the space in there.

@Lizzard: I only wanted to say that the plates are really thicker than real ones. For sure my kit isn't as lightweight as a chest rig and I don't want it to be that light neither. I already considered filling my plates with sand or something similar but as they don't fit my MBSS I didn't get to do it.

Safe Zone Posing Pics:

img_1069c53gs.jpgimg_1070cb0hb.jpg

img_1073c46c6.jpg

Kitlist:

Gentex TBH with TRU Spec helmet cover and ESS NVG Profile, NVG Mount, MS 2000

TRU Spec ACU

Tactical Tailor Releasable Armor Carrier (TTRAC) with Tactical Tailor/Lindnerhof Pouches

Blackwater IO Load Bearing Belt

Tactical Tailor First Responder Bag

Tactical Tailor Dump Pouch

Hatch Nomex Gloves

Serpa Tactical Holster with TM 226

TM M14 with TM Mount und Guarder NB-13

Alta Knee Pads

Meindl Safari Desert Boots

The problem isn't that it's an Interceptor, nor that it's in Multicam.

The problem is that it looks absolute completely *fruitcage* *suitcase*.

It looks like someone ate vegetables of various green/tan-ish colors and then had explosive diarrhea all over an Interceptor.

Oh please tell us what you really think :P

The guy wants heavy kit...he's gonna use heavy kit.

Personally I'd prefer just using a chest rig, but that's me and a result of my experience with 'heavy kit' ;)