Multicam Loadout Pictures MkII

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My feeling is they were probably buoyed substantially by contracts during Aussie deployment in Afghan, which allowed them to develop a lot of stuff and take a few more 'risks' and do more runs of smal

Posted Images

Nice gear mate - that stack could do with a bit of a fine tune though:-

1. Get your lads closer together - if you're planning on doing an entry into a room, you want to get your first two guys through the door together as one. Also, physical contact between your teammates will let them know where the rest of their team is without them having to look around. This way, they can concentrate on the job at hand.

2. Make sure that your weapons aren't pointing at each other. This is something that even the pros mess up on from time to time (sometimes with very unpleasant consequences). I'm an advocate of the high-port position (weapon pointing up at the sky) when in the stack. Alternatively, point them outside of the stack. Don't have them pointing down at your buddy's legs or at the wall you are stacked up on though.

3. Educate your pointman. He cannot do his job if his weapon is pointing at the floor [pic 1] or if his hand is off the trigger entirely [pic 3]. Part of working as a team is understanding individual roles and responsibilities. Surely then, the responsibility of chucking in a distraction device would be better delegated to the 2nd man, leaving the 1st man to continue taking point?

Obviously i haven't taken into account the fact that you might have already tightened up the above issues - it's just advice i've given based on the pics. I also haven't taken into account the fact that my advice might be unwanted. But i believe that if a team has so much gucci gear, they should also have some gucci tactics to match, should they not? :)

On the plus-side, it's good to see another airsoft team making the extra effort to improve their skills as a unit. Keep up the good work!

Edited by Janno

Those are some great suggestions man. I'll admit that stack has some major problems, namely the point man not in control of his weapon. Also, shortly after the pic was taken, he threw the device to low and hit the door jam, so it essentially went off at our feet. <_< . I was thinking about the high port postion, but I was afraid in the heat of the moment I'd barrel strike the dude in front of me.

Haha! Well, we've all got to start somewhere mate - i've lost count of the number of bad throws me and my lot have done in the past!

Here are some tips for using the high-port position:-

Ideally, have the weapon in a high port so that your forearm goes up the back of the man in front of you. This way, your control hand/arm will be able to lean on him, and his back will provide support. This leaves your support hand free to communicate with your teammates, and access gear.

By pushing into your teammate's back, you will show him that you are in a state of readiness, and when he enters the room and rolls off to one side (addressing the primary threat), your weapon will automatically (thanks to gravity) drop down onto his blind-side. Which just happens to be where you want it to go! :)

For reference, have a look at the stack at 2:25 in this clip -

#2 should hand off to #1, who chucks it in by bouncing it off a wall. Loss of positive control on his weapon is a concern, but it's not unheard of to throw the boomy-item with the firing hand. I prefer (and was taught) low-ready over high-carry, and as Janno stated - have the rifle of #2 over the shoulder of #1, ready to push him off and through the door.

The remainder of the stack should pull 180-degree security with individual zones of responsibility. Bunch up, you're a gaggle-*fruitcage*.

Also, for god's sake, have #1 pull his muzzle from the door!

Thanks guys. Most of the gear is related to my upcoming MFR loadout. For multicam I typically use a Crye Gen1 Combat shirt, but as its winter here its a bit too cold for that. Can't comment on whether he did or didn't haha. The place is quite cool but semi small.

Edited by Blindside

Hi.

You wouldn't happen to be the photographer of these shots?

I'm very curious as to how you achieved the HDR-like color saturation and lighting.

Any information at all would be greatly appreciated!

- Pkekyo

picture 1:natural light with gold reflector bouncing the light

Exposure: 1/3200 sec

Aperture: f/1.8

Focal Length: 35 mm

ISO Speed: 200

Exposure Bias: -1/3 EV

picture 2:off camera lighting

Exposure: 0.02 sec (1/50)

Aperture: f/3.5

Focal Length: 18 mm

Exposure Bias: -1/3 EV

picture 3:natural light

Exposure: 0.005 sec (1/200)

Aperture: f/7.1

Focal Length: 45 mm

Exposure Bias: 0 EV

Haha! Well, we've all got to start somewhere mate - i've lost count of the number of bad throws me and my lot have done in the past!

Here are some tips for using the high-port position:-

Ideally, have the weapon in a high port so that your forearm goes up the back of the man in front of you. This way, your control hand/arm will be able to lean on him, and his back will provide support. This leaves your support hand free to communicate with your teammates, and access gear.

By pushing into your teammate's back, you will show him that you are in a state of readiness, and when he enters the room and rolls off to one side (addressing the primary threat), your weapon will automatically (thanks to gravity) drop down onto his blind-side. Which just happens to be where you want it to go! :)

For reference, have a look at the stack at 2:25 in this clip -

Again, thanks for the help. CQB isn't our strongpoint, we play woodland almost exclusivly. We have another training session coming up, so we'll definatly improve on some stuff.

Edited by The Crunchy Bunny

Bit of a lightweight loadout here. It's not complete, as I'm just getting back into airsoft after a bit of a break.

001-18.jpg

007-9.jpg

012-4.jpg

Kit list

Ironclad gloves (Tac-Ops)

Condor Combat Cap (MC)

Propper MC, BDU cut.

Safariland Nylok belt

Eagle prototype chest rig (RG)

TAG Battle belt with 3 Gen II fastmag pouches

CB Blackhawk! Hellstorm kneepads

Belleville 390 DES Boots

I'm planning on replacing the chestrig with a EPC when I get my paycheck, and the M4A1 with a Dboys/Kalash 416.

I still need to get a dump pouch for my battle belt, as well as a holster for whatever pistol I end up getting. <_<

Edited by Renagade

For those of you who may have saved these, I'm trying to make/buy a "the King" collar replica for my gen 1 chassis replica, only problem is I don't have the skill or photo details to get it done right. Anyone have some photos saved or try making one? If anyone is skilled enough at costuming and such I'd be happy to pay for one, and if you could make the groin armor too I would be very greatful.

I've tried myself to do it numerous times, I can't get my dummy to fit my chassis right, and I don't have a sewing machine to cover anything with MC material....

A picture of me from the game Mercs 5 in sweden last summer.

IMG_7964.jpg

((The rant patch on my arm is a "real" rank-patch, but I never stated ingame or offgame, that I hold the given rank (becuse I don't), I had it on so that others could se who the group leader was. I have never and will never state that I hold a rank I do not.))

Trying out my new Xmas gear for the first time...it's an 'inspired by' rather than 'geardo impression' this time round as I'm tired of humping bits of kit I don't need.

Also I can't be bothered to make a L119a1 when I have a PTW already! so here we go...

Ray1.jpg

Ray3.jpg

The RAV and pouches will be dirtied up in time - at this stage I just wantd to see how everything went together. I've already decided to replace the two smoke grenade pouches with an IFAK and put the nade pouches on the riggers belt with the zip up dump pouch.

Just missing a Black Hawk OD riggers belt now and above mentioned IFAK.

nice kit red5 looks very practical. what shirt you got on ? im trying to find one to match my ur-tacitcal DA pants.

got any info on the map arm band ?

thanks

Cheers guys

The shirt is the Tru-Spec one and the map armband came from EBB (eventually) ;)

Too many union flags though - Think I'll lose a few!!!

regards

Red

Edited by Red5