Multicam Loadout Pictures MkII

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My feeling is they were probably buoyed substantially by contracts during Aussie deployment in Afghan, which allowed them to develop a lot of stuff and take a few more 'risks' and do more runs of smal

Posted Images

:)

*Snip*

Nice, load out. I like it a lot.

What is the pack on the back of your plate carrier called and where did you get it?

I needed a solution to bring a hydration bladder, BBs, gas, extra mags and some other stuff in one pack.

While at the same time small and easy enough for me to fight with it on the field constantly.

This pack does all that and looks cool. :D

Cheers

No I probably shouldn't but I fancy a pair of these.

Look like Oakley 6" Assault Boot Ripoffs, anybody had a pair? What are they like?

I'm very dubious about ordering footwear from China considering past buys which haven't fitted me.Footwear is one of those funny areas where people aren't to keen to buy secondhand.

If i have the spare cash i might take the risk but until then i'd rather hear from others about the sizing{which to be honest is my only concern}

Nice, load out. I like it a lot.

What is the pack on the back of your plate carrier called and where did you get it?

I needed a solution to bring a hydration bladder, BBs, gas, extra mags and some other stuff in one pack.

While at the same time small and easy enough for me to fight with it on the field constantly.

This pack does all that and looks cool. biggrin.gif

Cheers

BigAl is basically right. It's just LBT's version of the Eagle Modular Assault Pack (MAP) You should be able to find them online at your usual gear retailer, they're fairly common.

The LBT version is just one that is built into it's own rear half of that DEVGRU rig. It attaches to the front portion of the rig with the standard buckles so you can have a bit more storage and versatility than a run of the mill chest rig. :)

Ranger attempt, some inconsistencies still like color of the MICH, need some Scarpa Kailash boots and different gloves. I have some tan Oakley gloves too, but I think Rangers are issued the black ones only.

What's that lanyard/bungee thing for?

If you are standing at a turret and the vehicle takes a bump or a sharp turn you won't get thrown out of the vehicle. The coast guard uses these on smaller vessels, and sailors use something similar on sail boats in foul weather.

Well I've seen the guys in the ridged inflatables use them, and when I asked my bud what he used them for that was his explanation to me, was when you are in an aircraft or fast moving vehicle it's a way to make sure you don't fly out when you can't hold on, and that he only used them when he had to stand in something open usually the pintle mount for a MG.

I actually have another friend on a boarding party in the CG who said they used to make the new guys clip into the front turret on the defenders they had and do donuts till the guy had to throw up, then they'd stop and he'd try to get his head overboard but the lanyard prevented him for getting there and he'd throw up all over himself.

We use them in sailing for the exact same purpose (well not donuts), when the weather gets rough we clip onto the life lines so when we fly overboard the boat dosen't leave us behind.

Edited by frogfish

I have never seen anyone use a lanyard in a turret. I did over 150 combat missions in a turret and I never wore one.

+2 for my first 2 deployments, then they put a leash on me :(

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2588/3854706139_b0f554378e.jpg

*edit for clarification not me in the pic ;) *

Edited by medic23

Well I've seen the guys in the ridged inflatables use them, and when I asked my bud what he used them for that was his explanation to me, was when you are in an aircraft or fast moving vehicle it's a way to make sure you don't fly out when you can't hold on, and that he only used them when he had to stand in something open usually the pintle mount for a MG.

I actually have another friend on a boarding party in the CG who said they used to make the new guys clip into the front turret on the defenders they had and do donuts till the guy had to throw up, then they'd stop and he'd try to get his head overboard but the lanyard prevented him for getting there and he'd throw up all over himself.

We use them in sailing for the exact same purpose (well not donuts), when the weather gets rough we clip onto the life lines so when we fly overboard the boat dosen't leave us behind.

you know the retention lanyard makes a lot more sense than those *suitcasey* safety harnesses they force all the gunners to use in vehicles down range

less *suitcase* on ur actual body = win

• 2 weeks later...

You are banished from the land! ACU Traitor! :P

I'm still playing about with the pouch placement, what I need on there, and if i'm running a 1st line under it or not. With multicam not being so popular, the special orders various stores did with Eagle a couple of years ago have dried up, so finding the last few pouches (especially an MBITR) is proving difficult. Ah well, finding the stuff is all part of the fun!

I will definately be adding an MBITR between the MAP & Medical to hold my radio, a gasmask pouch to the left of the MAP and two smoke pouches between the ammo and medical. The ammo on the weak side will be reduced down to one double M4 pouch, and possibly squeeze in a SAW between that and where the gasmask will be. It won't be light, but it will be oh so pretty :).

Edited by -Angel-

Here's my PLCE influenced webbing...

MCbeltkit.jpg

All genuine MC

1 x 'Contact Left' roll pin belt

2 x 'Contact Left' Ammo pouches

1 x Vanguard Yoke

2 x Tru Spec Canteen pouches

1 x PLCE utility pouch

I got bored of trying to wear my RAV during woodland games so I decided to fall back on a variation of my 'old school' 58/44 pattern belt kit. All that remains is to add a small radio pouch and a few greeblies.

This webbing will be generally worn with a MC Recce smock, Ops DA pants, cut down boonie and my 226 on a thigh mounted serpa - pics to follow :)

Much more comfortable for 24 hour woodland games

Edited by Red5

Very nice indeed.

Cheers Angel - Once all the weight / length / balance issues are sorted I'll cable tie the pouches together on the inside to make the webbing more stable. Looking forward to giving it a good run out soon (work permitting!)

Edited by Red5

That's a lovely set of webbing! I might have to 'take inspiration' from that! :P

I've not had a proper woodland rig/setup in years..

You sure about the thigh mounted SERPA though? I run a drop-leg SERPA or Safariland 6004, and whilst it's good for DA, I personally wouldn't say it's good for woodland?