Multicam Loadout Pictures MkII

I've been running a SERPA for two years now, mainly in woodland areas, and the only downside I've found to it is that it doesn't give as much protection for the pistol as a Safariland does.

This little detail doesn't bother me at all though, and frankly - textile holsters are rubbish.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My feeling is they were probably buoyed substantially by contracts during Aussie deployment in Afghan, which allowed them to develop a lot of stuff and take a few more 'risks' and do more runs of smal

Posted Images

Yes, but I never found the level 3 SERPAs to be great for anything but actualy duty wear, as with that added protection comes more stuff you have to get out of the way before you have completed a draw.

It's the best option for a SERPA if the possibility of scratching the slide is something you really don't want, but if not I would suggest sticking with a level 2. Using the CQC myself.

And mounting a Safariland holster on a SERPA dropleg is also a viable option, just takes some effort to get it done properly :)

I've had all manner of holsters over the years ranging from flappy nasty cheap affairs to a Safariland for my Mk23 (nicest holster I've ever owned and FAR superior to the horrid mil spec cordura effort!!)

I've been using the Blackhawk CQC's for a couple of years now and really rate them, I have one on a strike plate on my RAV. However it remains to be seen how it pans out in the woods - I may change my mind.

And thanks lads for the compliaments re the webbing - I'm quite chuffed with it myself :D

Cheers ;)

Panzer officer, luftwaffe medical NCO, Mk6 is behind my head, MICH at the back and M1C US Para helmet. I have a sideline collection in hats and headwear even if I have no kit to go with it (although I do in most cases :unsure: ).

Edited by -Angel-

Haha, I already had a PM about this from someone else so i guess I should explain. Its a Gen 1. combat shirt with the sleeves rolled up in a certain way. Pull the cuffs all the way up to the shoulder so the arm is inside out and half the length it was. Then do a single roll of the sleeve as you normally would, and fold the cuff down to cover that roll. Badabing, no inside of the sleeve showing.

I have never seen anyone use a lanyard in a turret. I did over 150 combat missions in a turret and I never wore one.

Yeah me neither...never used one on either deployment.

+2 for my first 2 deployments, then they put a leash on me :(

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2588/3854706139_b0f554378e.jpg

*edit for clarification not me in the pic ;) *

Ohh..the sex swing...I almost had to wear that thing but missed it thank god.

Haha, I already had a PM about this from someone else so i guess I should explain. Its a Gen 1. combat shirt with the sleeves rolled up in a certain way. Pull the cuffs all the way up to the shoulder so the arm is inside out and half the length it was. Then do a single roll of the sleeve as you normally would, and fold the cuff down to cover that roll. Badabing, no inside of the sleeve showing.

I could never get BDUs to roll up that far up my arm. It's a cool look though.

Made the step up from the chinese stuff to some proper MC, if we're going MTP might as well start accumulating a bit of kit.

P1000699-1.jpg

P1000712-2.jpg

P1000704-1.jpgP1000697-1.jpgP1000693-1.jpg

Plenty more pics, kit list etcetera available if desired at all.

Also, a comical video that just happened to be produced as a side effect of taking the photos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AqxOD6euM8

Love the video. do you have a kit list?

Cheers. Kit as follows:

Base line -

Oakley 8" Assault Boots

Crye Gen 2 Combat Trousers with pads

Bundeswehr issue trouser belt

Tru-Spec Gen 2 TRU Combat Shirt

Oakley SI Assault gloves in Black

Green/Black Shemagh

TAG Warrior Hat in RG

Subdued Union Jack patch

ESS ICEs

Belt Rig -

HSGI Riggers belt

ATS Warbelt

HSGI HSLD Suspenders

DBT Quad .45 Detloc Pistol mag pouch

WAS Dump Pouch

WAS Smoke Grenade pouch

Blackhawk CQC SERPA holster on MOLLE mount plate

Primary LBE -

Tiger Tactical Custom built split-front rig

2 x BFG 10 Speed double M4 mag pouch

ATS Small Medical Pouch

WAS Radio Pouch

WAS Cargo Pack

UK Issue Camelbak

Element Sordins and PTT

ITW Web Dominators and Grimlocks

Come on, shouldn't need to look down to find your secondary mags... ;)

I like your blaster.

Ah, well all new kit you see, everything's in a different place, need to build up the muscle memory. :P

• 2 weeks later...

And back to the pictures;

Couple of new smoke grenade pouches on the right side for blank-firing grenades.

DSCF1977.jpg

A 4 column gap waiting for the arrival of a SAW pouch to act as utility space and the new gasmask pouch just behind that.

DSCF1978.jpg

A rear view showing the back of the new gasmask pouch and the gap to the right of the MAP ready for an MBITR pouch (when I find one).

DSCF1979.jpg

The overall layout. Everything is Eagle at this point, except the Medical-ish pouch, which is a TT medium utility, mounted on a TT tear-off panel; for easy use.

DSCF1976.jpg