Multicam Loadout Pictures MkII

I just picked this up, my flyye chassis will be up for sale in a bit....

I hope the seller dosen't mind me reposting his images, as I am still waiting on the mail...

Now I just have to see if I can get my hands on some cheap medium SAPI plates and a "king" collar...

dscf2886r.jpg

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My feeling is they were probably buoyed substantially by contracts during Aussie deployment in Afghan, which allowed them to develop a lot of stuff and take a few more 'risks' and do more runs of smal

Posted Images

I just picked this up, my flyye chassis will be up for sale in a bit....

I hope the seller dosen't mind me reposting his images, as I am still waiting on the mail...

Now I just have to see if I can get my hands on some cheap medium SAPI plates and a "king" collar...

DD's stuff is pretty much bomb proof. It's even tougher than my Eagle stuff.

My buddy installed stock locks I bought on my DD Chassis a while back to finish the look:

cchas.jpg

My buddy installed stock locks I bought on my DD Chassis a while back to finish the look:

snip

Desert Fox included two sets with the one I bought from him, do you know where the screws your buddy used for them are, I think the ones with the DD chassis are a bit small to fit the locks properly.

Also I like the simplicity of you rig, I may borrow that four mag front setup, except I have to figure out where to put my other 4 mags....

Edited by frogfish

Desert Fox included two sets with the one I bought from him, do you know where the screws your buddy used for them are, I think the ones with the DD chassis are a bit small to fit the locks properly.

Also I like the simplicity of you rig, I may borrow that four mag front setup, except I have to figure out where to put my other 4 mags....

I actually cheated a bit with mine. What I did was get a washer that was the right diameter, slipped the washer onto the hex screw and epoxied the two together (I think using quikSteel). I then added more epoxy (quiksteel?) to the periphery of the screw until it was the same diameter as the washer and refinished it to look like a wide screw. The effect is undetectable and thanks to the whole thing being epoxied solid, should withstand the test of time. Just in case, when I screwed the whole thing in place, I screwed the nut onto the bolt rather than screwed the bolt into the nut. By not turning the bolt/screw, and only turning the nut, that imposed less axial torque force on epoxy. Not sure if that makes any sense.

Frogfish if its any help at all, my new favorite mag configuration for the front of a rig is a row of shingles with BFG ten speed pouches on top.

Good suggestion. That is exactly what I do on all my rigs now and have been doing it for almost a year:

http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/561/oprs8editsmall.jpg

I've switched to a more high speed setup and those 10 speed pouches have really helped. Frogfish, I'd recommend doing something similar to what I did on my chassis and add 10 speed pouches in front. On my chassis, I used Condor pouches for the front shingles (cuz they were cheap, made from real Multicam, and the MOLLE was Multicam also), and Emdom Small Utili-Shingle Stackable Pockets on one side (because the rigs is already kinda wide), and a regular Eagle M4 mag pouch on the left to hold a couple STANAG reloaders.

Edit: Oh, the other thing about the stock locks ... when mounting it, I made sure to say that they should pay attention to two things: that the screw hole is relatively centered, and that the outer edge is lined up. So long as they have an industrial sewing machine, they shouldn't have a problem getting through the pads and all the material.

Edited by uscmCorps

Good suggestion. That is exactly what I do on all my rigs now and have been doing it for almost a year:

http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/561/oprs8editsmall.jpg

I've switched to a more high speed setup and those 10 speed pouches have really helped. Frogfish, I'd recommend doing something similar to what I did on my chassis and add 10 speed pouches in front. On my chassis, I used Condor pouches for the front shingles (cuz they were cheap, made from real Multicam, and the MOLLE was Multicam also), and Emdom Small Utili-Shingle Stackable Pockets on one side (because the rigs is already kinda wide), and a regular Eagle M4 mag pouch on the left to hold a couple STANAG reloaders.

OK I like this, a lot of ###### and a low profile rig at the same time... I have some TT singles I will dig out of my closet and use, but I think I will order that utilishingle on the side, I have an HSGI mini-Map I love and don't think I can give up for the other side, and it's pretty slim. I noticed Blueforce makes pistol mag pouches in the same style, I have had them up on my chest forever, but it might be time to transition them down to my belt rig.

Edit: Oh, the other thing about the stock locks ... when mounting it, I made sure to say that they should pay attention to two things: that the screw hole is relatively centered, and that the outer edge is lined up. So long as they have an industrial sewing machine, they shouldn't have a problem getting through the pads and all the material.

I've had three chassis copies (gunvest, compass tactical, Flyye) and all have just had Velcro on the back of the stock lock, I never thought to get it sewn into place.

Edited by frogfish

SO I'm thinking ESSTac wedge pouches in the front (could only find two TT pouches) with the ten speed pouches on top, any comments? Ohh and I like that blueforce gear SSE pouch...

EDIT: It's interesting to see how many people were involved in some of these things, Thanks for the help.

Edited by frogfish

I've had three chassis copies (gunvest, compass tactical, Flyye) and all have just had Velcro on the back of the stock lock, I never thought to get it sewn into place.

You don't have to sew them in place. That's simply the way the real ones are designed. And that's what I copied.

uscmCorps, did you buy that stock locks to DesertFox? If yes.... are mine, I mean, I produce them :), but that project is freezed at this moment :(

I bought mine a while back. The color's a pretty good match to my buddies real chassis. I could still use a set of them in Foliage green though for my ACU Chassis...

Uscmcorps got it from his buddies, but frogfish has a set of your stock locks, akira. He'll notice the coloring is better.

Which coloring is better? His or mine? The bottom set Frogfish has appears to be better coloring than the top set. Where did those come from?

SO I'm thinking ESSTac wedge pouches in the front (could only find two TT pouches) with the ten speed pouches on top, any comments? Ohh and I like that blueforce gear SSE pouch...

EDIT: It's interesting to see how many people were involved in some of these things, Thanks for the help.

Well ... since I brokered and sold most of them here ... ;)

Not sure what happened to DD. He's since dropped offline. He still owes me stuff, which I kinda gave up hope of ever getting. He always seemed well intentioned but also a bit of a compulsive liar.

Which coloring is better? His or mine? The bottom set Frogfish has appears to be better coloring than the top set. Where did those come from?

The bottom ones were made by akira yeah I like the coloring better in that one compared to the ones I picked up from a guy in HK.

I've got a ranger hoodie (tan), a stealth jacket (tan), and a marino hoodie (OD). All go very well with MC, or with anything else, TAD Jackets get attention just about everywhere I go. If you want some more good pics of jackets check out militarymoron.com.

Of course the best thing to ware over your MC is......

RV1_front.JPG (I'm too lazy to take pics of mine)