Multicam Loadout Pictures MkII

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My feeling is they were probably buoyed substantially by contracts during Aussie deployment in Afghan, which allowed them to develop a lot of stuff and take a few more 'risks' and do more runs of smal

Posted Images

Still trying to get my head round that... theres a symmetrical gap in the trousers for the pads, and the pads slot in with a bit of foam behind the plastic.. if that makes sense? I havent got my trousers with me at the moment so cant describe it any better :s will try in a bit!

On the Crye pads, the black impact foam behind the rubber cup extends down the shin a short ways, here's a link to the pads on their site:

http://cryeprecision.com/P-PADKC201000/Combat-Knee-Pads

I'm guessing that the Stalker uses the same design except that the hard outer cap is attached upside down (relative to the Crye Combat Pads) to the foam in an effort to avoid infringement. Which probably means the opening in the pants for the foam to fit through is shaped similarly to their outer cap making Crye Combat pads not usable with the Stalker pants.

Nope, the TDU pads goe in the same direction (on the outside) that the Cryes do. He just had his in upside down.

can any comment on the quality of UR Tactical products? I'm interested in this vest and I'm a little concerned about the stitching. Additionally the buckle on the shoulder looks like it could get uncomfortable fast, especially carrying a full load.

I have many of their products. All are very well made and designed. The vest is very well made and the stitching is all good. Can't comment on the buckle as I don't have this particular vest. But the modular plate carrier quality is on par with my Eagle vest imho.

Regarding gloves, have anyone tried the MX-25M: Nexstar III in Multicam? (Damascusgear).

Avoid, I've used mine for a few days and they pretty much fell apart. They haven't been abused in any way, the stitching is just not up to the job. The only part that didn't fall apart were the reinforced paddings for the hand...

Does anybody have a link to replacement kneepads for the replica Crye Combat trousers? I somehow lost one last game

http://www.ebairsoft.com/knee-with-externa...osit-p-908.html sorry the other firm i had which sold them have stopped selling them.

Or the real thing http://www.tacticalsense.com/product.php~i...+KNEE+PAD~.html

Does anyone know how the sizing on Crye Field Pants run? Is it on the small side, large side, or accurate to jeans sizing? I know my Combat pants run on the large side which is why I ask, as I'd like to buy some Field Pants.

I have the GenI R6 field pants, size is 32 short, which is very close to my 32/30 jeans size, the waist maybe a little on the small size even. This was GenI, however, and same as you, the GenII combats (same size) are way larger...

I have the GenI R6 field pants, size is 32 short, which is very close to my 32/30 jeans size, the waist maybe a little on the small size even. This was GenI, however, and same as you, the GenII combats (same size) are way larger...

Thanks for that. I spoke with my rep over at Crye and it's confirmed that the sizing is accurate. I also asked about the Gen 3 gear and was told the production hadn't even started yet, that the items shown at SHOT were all prototypes, and the mass produced ones were a long way off.

FWIW: According to Soldier Systems, the Army chief of staff is going to announce that ALL soldiers operating in Afghanistan will switch over to multicam uniforms and gear ASAP. This is just for Operation Enduring Freedom. Announcement should come in the next few days.

http://soldiersystems.net/2010/02/17/army-...in-afghanistan/

Edited by Hispeed1
Thanks for that. I spoke with my rep over at Crye and it's confirmed that the sizing is accurate. I also asked about the Gen 3 gear and was told the production hadn't even started yet, that the items shown at SHOT were all prototypes, and the mass produced ones were a long way off.

Which Gen III items are we talking about; where can I find a link?

Which Gen III items are we talking about; where can I find a link?

I posted a pic of it that I took from SHOT Show:

http://www.airsoftmonkey.com/content/index...1&Itemid=52

The new stuff has different knee pads (with softer foam), no more elbow pads, and a few other differences to the Gen 2 gear.