Multicam Loadout Pictures MkII

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My feeling is they were probably buoyed substantially by contracts during Aussie deployment in Afghan, which allowed them to develop a lot of stuff and take a few more 'risks' and do more runs of smal

Posted Images

Yeah you can order direct from Crye (they may or may not sell to you, they've been pretty random in that), or you can contact somewhere like GreyGroup or OPTactical. Be warned they aren't cheap, even off EBAY, and it took 16 weeks to get mine.

As a note to any of those who are curious I managed to get ESSTac KYWIs to fit in the CPC cummerbund closure flap, and on the JPC as well. It's a nice mod for those who like KYWIs. Granted they work as a straight drop in item they expand much too large for "low profile" use. Simply tying a loop of paracord sheath (thinner than paracord alone) the right size around the top of the KYWI prevents it from opening too far and still allows for ease of use. I've also got a FG Cobra Buckle from AustriAlpin coming in to replace the black Crye buckle on the blast belt, it's a little overkill but then again, only the best should go on the best.

I also ditched the Blue Force Gear dumper, yeah it's awesomely low profile, but it dosen't stay open and it flops around while moving making it hard to be fast about getting mags into it. I've gone over to an EMDOM/MM Dumper that has gotten rave reviews just about everywhere, the other option was an EAG dumper, but seeing as how you have to take an EAG course to buy one, and they don't have a course close enough to me that made sense to attend that was not an option.

Paracord around the KYWI

DSC_2033.jpg

The result

DSC_2030.jpg

DSC_2029.jpg

DSC_2028.jpg

Edited by frogfish

A couple of pics from F&O Anzio Camp on the 5th...

i was wearing my MC shirt at the start of the day but got a bit warm so took it off.

MC is Helikon Camogrom.

(and if anyone wonders why my left arm is trying to hide, i was smoking.... bad habit... trying to quit... honest lol)

pic of Me (left),my younger brother and CplHicks in the safezone

alsdesirehdpics1063-1.jpg

me and bro

alsdesirehdpics1088.jpg

action shot in game still wearing shirt.

alsdesirehdpics1095.jpg

kit on request :)

Multicam to blend in, tan PC to blend in, Tan boots to blend in, Black helmet? ;)

Otherwise looks pretty damn good.

The black helmet is an accesory that has been with me since I made myself a BHD Delta's Loadout (pretty n00b I know) Im looking forward to spray paint it.

And in the term of boots I'll soon buy a pair of Bates Assault Boots.

Thanks for the advice.

Any little accesory I should buy to somewhat complete my kit?

I don't think you NEED anything to complete it (it's pretty good looking to me), and the black helmet is fine I was just giving you a hard time, and you boots look fine as well unless you plan on geting new ones anyway. I could recommend some things to be gucci if you wanted to drop some cash though.

EMDOM/MM duty belt or an HSGI Cobra riggers belt, maybe dress your helmet up to look like an A-Alpha? Also maybe a tan/green/MC hydration hose cover? Just little touches, but not needed.

Edited by frogfish

looks to be a modded Dirty Dagger or a gunvest. The shoulder pads look like DD, but the stock locks are not right for DD or gunvest (look kinda like FLYYE). But it has a proper molded polymer closure for the front plate which would mean gunvest or DD.

Edited by frogfish

Yup, I do! You going for any particular impression, like SF or DEA?

The Chassis is a FLYYE, the locking mechanism is just flimsy plastic with velcro. I am looking to replace it with a more realistic and durable lock, but for that I'd need somebody who can work with plastic/kydex etc...

So if anyone knew somebody...

None what-so-ever, they are a straight drop in fit, however they open up quite wide normally

DSC_2031.jpg

The paracord sheath is thinner than straight paracord, so it maintains a lower profile, and the loop closes up the Kywi quite well. I have a more in depth guide on Multicamaddict, and my home site houstonairsoft.

http://houstonairsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?p=126169#post126169

I also got in my Source 2L LPS and I'll post up a mini initial impression review in a bit, that will more than likely go on MCA and not here, although I can post some pics of it if anyone wants.

Edited by frogfish

sorry for the double post but

Got in a Source 2L LPS reservoir in the zip off pannel, it's not in the hydro pouch it's inside the panel and it's filled with water......

DSC_2055.jpg

DSC_2054.jpg

just waiting on a foliage green Cobra Buckle and it'll be done.

Edited by frogfish

Thanks. I assume your talking about the KYWIs.

I won't lie I spent about an hour trying various things and only came to that idea when I found a wad of paracord sheath at the bottom of a bag of bungie cord. I've had a few PCs previously that I'm sure this will work with, and I'm quite happy with the result. So far it's held AEG PMAGs, RS PMAGs (loaded with 28 rds), RS GOV mags, Asahi AR mags, and KJW M4 Thermold mags with no issues what so ever.

I do need to add that the KYWIs have hook velcro on them, not loop so check whatever you are putting them into first. I've got a friend who is waiting on a bunch of the KYWIs to try in his HSGI wesatch as well, it's in MC so if he gets it all to work I'll have him post up some images.

Edited by frogfish