Multicam Loadout Pictures MkII

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My feeling is they were probably buoyed substantially by contracts during Aussie deployment in Afghan, which allowed them to develop a lot of stuff and take a few more 'risks' and do more runs of smal

Posted Images

Nice kit in here, good stuff. This is my MC loadout for woodland/extra-urban skirmishing.

P1020921.jpg

P1020925.jpg

P1020929.jpg

Base

• 5.11 TDU Trousers w/ Neoprene Knee Pads
  • 5.11 1.75" Reversible Duty Belt
  • SORD Field Uniform Jacket
  • Blackhawk Nomex Hellstorms
  • Tan/Black Shemagh
  • ESS ICEs
  • Grey Ghost Lightweight Operator Hat
  • OPS AOR2 Watch Cover

Belt

• ATS War Belt
  • ATS War Belt Insert
  • TAG Roll-Up Dump
  • 2 x OPS Universal Pistol
  • G-Code RTI MOLLE Mount

Rig

• HSGI Woosatch E-Version
  • Warrior Plain Small Utility
  • OPS Universal
  • OPS Triple M4
  • OPS PVS-14
  • OPS Modular Admin
  • OPS Assault Pack
  • Cavalvy Headset/PTT w/ OPS Headset Strap
  • Source 3L Hydro Bladder
  • ITW Grimlocks

It's certainly a viable option, but it is a BDU jacket, not a smock/field jacket. More of a lightweight/hot weather garment, the material's a lot thinner than my Propper ATACS stuff, and personally I'd wear a UBACS in the summer so I'd say it's fairly specific in it's applications. Perhaps more suited for guys that want to run a small chest rig or belt rig in the summer and don't want to overheat but do want to keep the sun off and stay camouflaged.

It's got some nice little features here and there to differentiate it from your standard ACU cut and the materials are all US made, but it's stitched in Vietnam which is somewhat of a let down. Of the choice of BDUs out there I'd probably go for the SKD Enhanced kit, because it'll probably be just as well made as the Crye field stuff but costs less than half the price, for the exact same 50/50 material.

I have a set of replica Multicams in the combat cut just like DragonRed advertises, though mine is bought from another website. They should all be the same no matter what website, especially since they used the same pictures.

If Crye made their product like the replicas then I would be disappointed if I got the real ones, however, I do not see the replicas falling apart so quickly. They will hold up very well, which I can testify to as I have worn them for regular skirmishing, as well as a pretty gruesome ATV crash that broke my pectoral girdle(so it was quite a crash!). Through all this they have not had any rips in the fabric or the stitching, which pleased me greatly, as you can imagine.

Of course, I do not expect them to hold up to a tour in Afghanistan like a real set of Cryes, even if I've heard that their stitching has been iffy at times. I use my replicas for airsoft, so I do not need to worry about them holding up for a combat tour as I would only use them once every week, maximum. That being said, I have also heard that the quality throughout rivals that of Crye. I cannot confirm nor deny this as I do not own the real product.

Just make sure that you buy the right size and wear them correctly. The pants are designed to be worn rather high, the belt line should be at navel height as compared to on or just above the pubic region. They have a rather large crotch, and when they are worn lower than the navel you can feel how the material stretches to its limit if you crouch down which could result in a ripped crotch. This is common in other uniform cuts as well, people get the wrong size, wear the trousers the wrong way, or a conjunction of both and eventually the crotch will rip right open(common problem with ACUs). Another detail about the replicas is that the length of the shirt in the torso is rather short, it doesn't go down the torso as far as the real Cryes do, that is probably the only real flaw with the uniform.

I am sorry that I cannot address your question completely, but I hope that my comment has helped somewhat. All in all, they are fantastic for the money, and the design is amazing(thanks to Crye).

Ive just picked up a set of the Emerson crye gen2's and a set of genuine gen2's , the quality on the repo's is good, stiching is great , the genuine material is a little thicker/denser weave I'd say, but overall I'm impressed. If your on a budget then there a great option, but as said above, get the sizing and fit right and you'll be golden.

CKinnerly , I don't really see the issue with having something stitched in Vietnam? Alot of manufacturers have been doing this for years, BHI being the biggest one.

CKinnerly , I don't really see the issue with having something stitched in Vietnam? Alot of manufacturers have been doing this for years, BHI being the biggest one.

BHI's gear has also suffered a very substantial fall from grace in recent years you'll notice. Look at Crye, TT, HSGI, LBT, BFG... etc, pretty much every high end piece of gear on the US market and it's made in the US in order to be Berry compliant, which is a good assurance for us as consumers that the product was made by someone who knows what they're doing at there was a good QC process in place at the factory.

Warrior for example is made in china, but so is most British issue stuff these days and UK-tac makes no pretences towards their gear being made anywhere else, and it's a known quantity now, so we can trust it quality wise. If you read SORD's website you'll find this sort of thing:

"Special Operations Research and Development (SORD) is a Melbourne-based manufacturing company exclusively owned and operated by former Special Forces members. With backgrounds in various Infantry and Special Forces units, both from the US and from abroad, the staff's diverse skillbase enables SORD to provide comprehensive client support by offering advice based on experience and the intimate understanding of user requirements."

They never explicitly state where there factory is, but they sure do imply that their gear isn't made in a dodgy plant in vietnam. Like I say, they're not straight up lying, but personally, I feel the practice of hinting at something which isn't true is a rather sneaky, under-handed way to run a business. End of the day, it's the deliberate deception that I don't like, it's dishonourable.

Edited by CKinnerley

Looks good MP5man, though some photos where we could actually see the kit would be nice. :cookiemonster:

Anyway, speaking of OPS UDAs, I've done my woodland loadout, so here's the Urban/CQC.

P1020992.jpg

P1020990.jpg

P1020993.jpg

Pretty much exactly what I ran last skirmish, very comfortable indeed. I think I've posted most of the kit other places just on it's own, but any queries/feedback/constructive criticism then obviously fire away.

Kinnerley, how many rifle magazines are you carrying?

Pouches for 5 on the PC, but I only ever really carry 4 in-game and even then I'll rarely use more than 3, hence 3 TACOs. I just whacked the 2 Ten-Speeds on there for some extra flexibility, they're incredibly handy for just stuffing in whatever random small item you might need to carry but don't want to have to fish deep inside a pocket for later on. They also keep the draw on my pistol and secondary mags completely free and clear, which is very handy.

CK kit's looking good mate! Quick question re: the OPS DA pants. I've just got mine, build quality etc seem very good, how are you finding them holding up to skirmishing/use and have you washed them yet?

I wash my UBACS/jacket and trousers after every game so yeah. I literally can't stand to hang up any piece of gear if I've been wearing it for a whole day in a skirmish, so I take the time to hand wash my more pricey camo stuff, old DPMs and that just get rammed in the washer. Room temperature water, just a pinch of powder, couple of rinses, sorted.

I think they put all the cordura in the right places I have to say. The Crye stuff is lighter and a bit more comfortable, but the OPS is cheaper and more resilient, which means you should get a lot more games per £ out of them. End of the day it's those knee areas that take the brunt of it whenever you're crawling or kneeling, and the ankles generally the rest of the time. There's none of that elastic stuff exposed, the rest of the materials are proven and the stitching is solid, the only problem I've had with any OPS kit have been related to a couple of pouches being sewn a slightly off-spec, but all their gear is built to last.

Edited by CKinnerley

My latest bit of kit:

Crye Precision CPC, Large sides in Multicam, Large plate bags in Tan

Crye Precision Zip On Molle Panel

KWYI 5.56 Inserts

Tyr Tactical Three 7.62 shingle

Try Tactical IFAC pouch

TCI TacII Bone conduction Head Set with PTT

1.5in Astria Alpine Cobra Buckle

High ground 87mm Carl Gustav Round Pouch

S and S Precision LAWW Clip

Source Hydration ILPS 2 l/3 L with UTA