A&K M60 Mk43 Mod 0 Initial impressions

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew that 472fps picture posted elsewhere was suspect.

We can assure you the versions out here in the Far East are registering a little over 2J out of the box. Nothing suspect about that 472FPS chrono. Our unit is clocking 466-468FPS.

Looks like AirsoftGlobal is detuning for the UK. Over here the limit is 550FPS so still legal.

gerrysnaps: Didnt mean to imply your fps was falsified, I meant that I did not suspect a 2j spring would be installed in the US or UK versions. I also will bet the US stores will receive a 400fps spring in their shipments. My teammate has a US spec one on pre-order from a US store. We'll see what fps it nets out of the box. BTW - what ROF are you getting on that 2j spring? curious if it same or different gearing and motor as well as the spring.

As for me I"ll swap out the spring for a ~1.8joule to meet our 450fps standards for support guns where we are.

tbsix: No the star was not assembled that way. But TOPs were. Definitely a problem. I'm going to run it with the spacer and locktite'd bolts and see if it loosens up. I expect it will.

habakure: what can I say, sometimes geezers just run out of patience for ungrateful rudeness...

gerrysnaps: Didnt mean to imply your fps was falsified, I meant that I did not suspect a 2j spring would be installed in the US or UK versions. I also will bet the US stores will receive a 400fps spring in their shipments. My teammate has a US spec one on pre-order from a US store. We'll see what fps it nets out of the box. BTW - what ROF are you getting on that 2j spring? curious if it same or different gearing and motor as well as the spring.

As for me I"ll swap out the spring for a ~1.8joule to meet our 450fps standards for support guns where we are.

tbsix: No the star was not assembled that way. But TOPs were. Definitely a problem. I'm going to run it with the spacer and locktite'd bolts and see if it loosens up. I expect it will.

habakure: what can I say, sometimes geezers just run out of patience for ungrateful rudeness...

do you really think an ACM company would go through the effort of throwing in different springs for different sales regions?

Where the 3 bolts are what is that material, steel or pot metal?

Im trying to think of a better solution than epoxy/jbweld.

Thanks for getting that forum made open for public viewing and for the detailed review.

Edited by Azulsky

MCXL, I'm aware of the real version's color, but it's definitely not as grey as the A&K gun appears in the pictures. Milspec parkerizing is usually a very deep, matte grey where as the A&K obviously appears painted and too light. Now, I don't know if this is actually the case or is it just the flash making the gun appear too light.

Quick update.

The metal around the 3 bolts appears to be aluminum.

The gun itself is losing roughly 40-60fps. That is, with the exact same spring in a CA M249MkII it nets 375fps, in a CA M249Para it nets 380fps and when transplanted to the M60 it nets 330fps.

I've check the compression in the cylinder: perfect. Then blew into the nozzle from the front - full compression (at lung power at least) - so no leaks at the nozzle to cylinder interface. I checked the hopup bucking and it seems to be installed well. So I assumed a nozzle to hopup bucking leak.

Bought some replacement buckings to try out. Prometheus, TM, Systema. Removed the bucking from the M60 and.... dead stop: its a unique bucking! *&^%

There's about 1-2mm of thick extra material at the end, sort of like a built in oring, that makes this a different shaped bucking from any i've seen. So no replacing that. So I greased and taped the outside of the bucking, and added a spacer in front of the hopup chamber spring to hopefully provide some more push on the nozzle for a better seal. No effect.

So, i'm stumped. No idea why is down that many fps. Star M60 exhibited the same lower fps on a given spring than the M249s, btw. Maybe its a relic of the floating barrel in the M60 Mk43 models?

Also - dont follow temptation and push the spring guide forward into a "position 2" like was doable in the Star M249 and M60s... I did and the sector gear promptly shed 2 teeth. Off to the store to buy a new sector gear.

I may still try those other buckings anyway but I dont expect they're going to work with the barrel notches: without that extra 1mm of material up front the barrel goes too far in and you cant put in the retainer clip. Also - the front of the nozzle is dead flat, not angled like most.

More later.

Good of you to post the review.

It's up to you whether you decide to post on Arnies or not but we could definitely do without the attitude.

Thanks. :)

Agreed. And I'll say the same about the first group of replies. Wouldnt you? Quid pro quo. Moving on.

Edited by Hillslam

Guys dont worry - turns out there's no problem really.

Nothing wrong with the gun, its just a longer mechbox. Solution: put in a higher rated spring. End of problem.

Details here:

http://www.teamstrikers.com/forum/viewtopi...?p=28146#p28146

Guys I just popped back in to say I'm gonna ease off posting here and the other forums on this and consolidate my stuff into that one thread linked above. Sorry I'm just getting way too many questions from inboxs and threads all over the place to keep up, avging 12 per day now all counted. Look for any detail or info at the link above. Trying to address all questions in the thread itself. So far I've disassembled the gun a half dozen times just for answers to questions, on top of my own tinkering.

I will check in from time to time though for questions and stuff. Look for a skirmish update after the weekend.

Edited by Hillslam

Hi guys, one of the team regulars has just got one of these and is quite impressed.

If you want to see a real 'tongue in cheek' review please visit our site. www.kgbairsoft.com/forum

(I'm not sure if you have to sign up to view the reviews section.. If so, let me know and I'll get my webmonkey to de-restrict it).

All I'll say is.... I mentioned recently that a lot of reviewers seem to make quite a fuss over the packaging!

Save to say that a proper review will no doubt be forthcoming.

I think there is one for the new SIG 226 as well.

Hi guys, one of the team regulars has just got one of these and is quite impressed.

If you want to see a real 'tongue in cheek' review please visit our site. www.kgbairsoft.com/forum

(I'm not sure if you have to sign up to view the reviews section.. If so, let me know and I'll get my webmonkey to de-restrict it).

All I'll say is.... I mentioned recently that a lot of reviewers seem to make quite a fuss over the packaging!

Save to say that a proper review will no doubt be forthcoming.

I think there is one for the new SIG 226 as well.

nice review.....on the packaging???? FAIL!!

• 2 weeks later...