A&K M60 Mk43 Mod 0 Initial impressions

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The hop-rubber is not very good so im changing it to a Guarder (clear ver)

If you find what version fits please post. It appears to be proprietary. I've not found one that fits because it has an extra 1mm of material at the end.

A Big Out H nub aloen will help alot though.

Hi can someone tell me how these are performing in skirmishes? I am interested in getting one after having been a long time M60/M249 user. Also how is the weight with these - I like heavy guns (thats how real guns are) so am wondering how the weight is. I read on one site that this weapon weighs in over 7000g? Could this be the heaviest AEG in existence?

The pig has arrived :D

JinsAKM60Mk43Mod0.jpg

( Larger Hi-Res picture available here ---> http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x274/Ki...0Mk43Mod0-1.jpg )

The A&K M60E4 Mk43 Mod.0 is without a doubt the single nicest looking and feeling Chinese made gun I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. The construction, attention to detail, finish, and quality control is far beyond anything else I've ever seen come out of China. Certainly equal in external quality to Tokyo Marui, VFC, G&P, and other high end Japanese and Taiwanese manufacturers.

The internals seem built quite well too. Right out of the box I filled the box mag up with BBs, plugged in a battery, and held down the trigger for a timed 2 minutes straight with no problem at all. After that I popped open the gearbox and took a look at the piston and gears. Zero signs of wear on anything and the gears seem perfectly shimmed. Fantastic gun overall and I can't wait to field it in it's first skirmish next saturday :D

And oh yeah, for those who might be interested, note the advertisement on the back of the manual that came with the A&K Mk43...

AKPTWPromo.jpg

Clone M4 & MP5 PTWs are on the way from A&K! And if the quality of this M60 is any indication of what we can expect from the PTW clones than I'll be first in line to buy a MP5.

Hillslam how are you fitting this H hop up nub, as there is no way that i can see to fit a hop nub in there other than the one they have at the awkward angle.

Edit: What size of motor does this take? long or short? I tried putting a stronger spring in (m125) and it took the ROF down a bit HOWEVER it started double feeding horrendouly, dropped every other shot very shot with low fps as well as double feeding and longer bursts sounded like the motor was struggling as the ROF went steadily down.

Edited by nuclear_darkness

My buddy bought an A&K Mk43 from AEX recently. We were all SUPER impressed with how awesome that thing was. It shot consistently at around 385 fps on 0.2g BioBBs (which is perfect for our area and the events/games we attend). It was a straight shooter, relatively light (especially compared to my G&P Mk46) and the ability to adjust the ROF using the front adjuster was simply bad åss. For the price, that was ridiculously well worth the cost. He hadn't been a SAW gunner before, but he took on the role like a champ and was getting a solid kill count. Only QC issue we've seen so far was a loose/wobbly front end, but that was quickly remedied by tightening down the screws and now it's solid. A good purchase if you're in the market for one! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Suppose this isn't exactly a comment on the M60, but the A&K M249 is one nice gun. I work at the local airsmiths whenever I feel like (for the GB experience I get, not money :P or lack thereoff), and I recently had to work on my first M249, and it was from A&K.. It was VERY nice, both inside and out. The motor gave a decent ROF with an 8.4v which is great for most china ###### motors, this one is actually decent. The gears are beefy, and really nicely shimmed (though not perfect). Seems that they ALL have the crappy nub problem, it is simply too weak/deforms to easily and doesn't apply enough hop. The only problem was out of the box, one of the bearings was missing the cover that covers the actual bearings, making it completely fubar, so it had to replaced right off the bat. Another thing to note is it had GREAT compression.

The funniest part was a guy came in with a NEW in box CA M249 and it had way worse problems than the A&K did. It couldn't compress worth a damn stock, shimming was ######, and the motor wasn't even as powerful/worse rof and sound. That right there is a testament to the quality of A&K SAWs... Did I mention it took 2x as long and 2x as much money to get the CA saw shooting as well as the A&K (not including base cost), because it ad such finicky stock parts.

Edited by Vercingetorix
I work at the local airsmiths whenever I feel like

Do you reside in TX? Where do you work?

I ask because I have opened several A&K M249s, and they are cheap parts, plus your username looks familiar for some reason...thought it was local site, but guess not. Shimming was not good, it was too loose. Compression was terrible on multiple units. The hop is a joke. The externals are cheap and toy-like. Cylinderhead is not good, but serviceable. Fix some of that stuff, and the gears are actually pretty decent. Not only those, but I used A&K guts to custom-build two large AEGs, and the same applied to those guts as well. Their box mags are junk.

That right there is a testament to the quality of A&K SAWs

I doubt that *proves* the A&K is anything of quality, but rather that the CA is and always has been 'eh', and the A&K met that for a much lower cost.

For the cost, it is a decent buy, but it isn't quality and needs help out of the box to be a good skirmish SAW.

Edited by AustinWolv
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Mine is running sweet, about half a dozen refils later. There are a couple of bad points though which I'll point out:

1) Hop up bucking is pants, changed for a bit of "bic/biro" refil and its significantly better.

2) When ejecting the barrel with the barrel release *make*sure* you disconnect the forward plug to the mosfet, else you end up disconnecting the negative lead right near the center of the weapon

3) the screws, even with shakeproof washers do work loose. Holding the weapon by the foregrip does seems to cause wobble much more easily.

4) over turning the mosfet power selector can work the front nut loose and cause it to stick on one rpm, just tighten it back up. There is a slipper mechanisim on the potentiometer to prevent you breaking it with excessive use.

The leads that run down the gas tube to the gear box have a spade connector, too much of a pull here and they can disconnect.

I particularly like the modular nature of the assembly. The 3 pin plug on the front of the gearbox is a really good idea, allowing dead easy gearbox extraction. Its a pitty you have to extract the gear box to get the spring out, unlike the CA M249, looks like it only a small bit of intererence too.

It seems to run well on a big 8.4v battery even if the manual states 9.6 or above. I've found turning down the mosfet to the lowest possible rpm then poping away nearly as effective as high rpm. Something about the methodical plugging away that keeps people's heads down :)

On the whole my CA M249 is rather grumpy now as it spends a lot of time kept in storage rather that comming out to play :) Every time a get a weapon out for a game I keep picking up the pig for a play.

I did consider a tightbore myself (my CA 249 has one), but I guess it depends on what sort of role you plan for it. I quite like the standard bore for the slight spread (its not bad as is). I found it to be considerably better after a good clean out and polish up with brasso (autosol isn't too bad but I find it a tad agressive for brass).

Do you reside in TX? Where do you work?

I ask because I have opened several A&K M249s, and they are cheap parts, plus your username looks familiar for some reason...thought it was local site, but guess not. Shimming was not good, it was too loose. Compression was terrible on multiple units. The hop is a joke. The externals are cheap and toy-like. Cylinderhead is not good, but serviceable. Fix some of that stuff, and the gears are actually pretty decent. Not only those, but I used A&K guts to custom-build two large AEGs, and the same applied to those guts as well. Their box mags are junk.

I doubt that *proves* the A&K is anything of quality, but rather that the CA is and always has been 'eh', and the A&K met that for a much lower cost.

For the cost, it is a decent buy, but it isn't quality and needs help out of the box to be a good skirmish SAW.

Sorry for the eons late catch on this. I live in NJ. I guess I just got lucky, the gun was pretty well done out of the box, that si all I can remember. THe same can be said of a much more recently bought A&K masada, great compression out of the box. *suitcasey* Hop-up all around (the unit is ok though, just a bit big and the slider clip is a terrible design), and not quite perfect shimming, but not bad compared to some other guns (G&P <_< ) I've had to go through recently.