Winforce tactical chestrig coyote brown

having looked at this item HERE a number of times since it first popped up on ehobbyaisia on special i finally decided that £13odd quid is worth a shot.

I hunted down This review and it seemed to be relatively agreeable for the price.

shipped out quickly it arrived today and i have to say for the money you get an awesome little chest rig more than ample for most skirmishing.

the build quality is sound from checking over all the stitching, the straps are long enough to have this vest round your knees and can be brought very high on the chest. The pouches are a nice tight fit and although only two have closures i dont think it will be a major problem, i'll just follow the example in the linked review and put some bungee retainers in.

it will hold, 8xm4 mags and 4x double stack pistol mags + little bits in the panel pouches and the side molle strips fitted everything i have tried so far with a bit of a wiggling.

Play testing on sunday will update then, but if you know anyone wanting to ditch the plate carrier like me then i recommend this little number highly.

• 2 weeks later...

I just received mine yesterday. Sorry, no photographs at this time.

So far I'm fairly impressed. The material and stitching appear robust. The main components are double stitched, while some secondary bits (like the attachment of velcro to the mag pouch closures) are single stitched. It would have been nice to have these things triple and double stitched, but in terms of longevity of the current design we'll have to see. Given the <$20 price tag this piece isn't too shabby.

My only real complaint is that while the thing can be adjusted to a very, very large size it is more difficult to adjust it to a smaller size because the padded shoulder straps are a set non-adjustable length. So for me (5'6" 130 lbs) I have the adjustable straps sinched all the way down as far as possible to the point where further shortening is made impossible because of the non-adjustable padded shoulder strap sections. Not really a big deal, and it fits fine, but I would have liked to be able to shorten it up just a bit more.

This issue was discussed over at Lightfighter and apparently someone came up with a solution involving some custom made straps. For those interested here is the link.

I realize that without pictures this last bit might be a it confusing. Anyone interested can PM me for clarification.

As I mentioned previously, once I have all my equipment available I'll toss some magazines into it and post up some photos.

Edited by Gigueand
  • 2 weeks later...
I loaded it all up today and discovered that the side pouches are very, very tight. It is quite difficult to get M4 magazines to fit, but they do fit with effort.

I agree with the pouches being tight. I received mine today, and you have to work to get the mags in there. Hopefully it will loosen up a bit with time.

I have to say for $34 shipped this piece of gear is hard to beat. I am glad I got mine when I did thought it looks like the sale is over and returned to regular price, although out of stock at the moment.

I am anxious to try this out at a game. After wearing my ciras this feels like I am not wearing anything it is so light.

DSCN4550.jpg

DSCN4549.jpg

• 1 year later...

Im sorry for the necro, does anybody know where to buy one of these? ehobby doesnt seem to be restocking them anytime soon... I wrote winforce directly, but I would like to have any alternative to them.

BTW, any of its users could give some feedback about the continous use of the rig and durability?

Howdy,

I've been using mine for the last year and have not encountered any issues. Aside from the magazines being a tight fit, the rig performs perfectly. None of the stitching has torn or come out and it basically looks the same (with the addition of some mud) as when I bought it. I'd love to buy a second one in OD, but, as you mentioned, EA doesn't appear to be re-stocking it.

Despite its low price-tag, it is my favorite piece of kit. A great investment!

• 2 weeks later...