100 Mile Help For Heroes March

Shriven

Ripped from our Justgiving page I will be part of this march.

Facebook page HERE

Hello there!

On July the 19th a team of fifty five people (made up of cadets, current and past, of Dover Grammar School Combined Cadet Force, and serving and former members of the Army, RAF and Navy) will be taking on the arduous task of a 100 mile cross country march carrying everything they need for the five days on their backs.

Why? For the great cause of raising money for Help For Heroes.

Donating through Justgiving is quick, easy and totally secure. It’s also the most efficient way to sponsor us: Help for Heroes gets your money faster and, if you’re a UK taxpayer, Justgiving makes sure 25% in Gift Aid, plus a 3% supplement, are added to your donation.

So please sponsor us now! And do your bit to help those wounded in action.

I'll be bunging pictures up of the march in this thread.

Permission has been asked to post this ( thanks Marlowe)

• 1 month later...

P1000083.jpg

P1000082.jpg

P1000079.jpg

P1000081.jpg

No pictures just yet of the march itself just yet.

I think we doubled our target, and ended up doing another 20 miles extra. An experience that is just too amazing to explain. I'd definitely do again. I found a side of my self I never really knew existed.

I can now say: I have WALKED from LONDON to DOVER with a 65lb pack... to help someone else.

Definetely... I was acting as scout a lot of the time, meaning I was running back and forth all over the place. I also managed to blag free milkshakes for the whole group of some fitty in Canterbury... good times :D

Archived