AGM Gas-Blowback M4

j3T

Just noticed this picture on Ebaybanned. I'm not going to get one as I've got a G&P WOC underway, but hopefully they'll sell the mags seperately and for a decent price if they're WA-compatible.

agm%20gas%20m4.jpg

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Must admit, I like the idea of this myself.

However, as usual I'll put my Mr Grumpy head on and point out that it's entirely possible that a design that's, ummm, less than perfect in its original form might turn out to be a total dogs dinner after it's been through the chinese 3D photocopying process.

Electric guns are comparitively easy to get right.

On a GBB pretty-much every part needs to be a gas-tight fit with its neighbour if the gun is going to work reliably and consistantly.

I have visions of people getting rather stressed with their chinese mag's and wondering why there's up to 50fps variance between shots.

Still, who cares eh?

Most of us will just use it for posing about with and anything that's wrong will probably be fixable by replacing the parts with japanese ones.

Just remember to say thanks to WA for spending the time and money in the years of development of this gun so the chinese can rip it off eh? :)

The internals are all metal on the WA as well. (aside from the nozzle, but plastic nozzles are commonplace on BBU/MAnga based guns) And the hop up, and the hopups work just fine.

Depends also on what kind of metal. If they stuffed that with pot metal goodness then it isn't going to last more than a week of use. Curious as to what else they're following this up with being that they call it a "gas gun series". Or are they just going to unleash the whole inbred clan of AR-15's.

lol, what would the price be if you bought it for 199 and replaced everything over time with the right G&P and RA-Tech parts? probably 200 over a G&P WOC but it may be a little more reliable.

im thinking about it, but i have yet to hear about a WA based GBB M4 that shot good out to 250 feet. can someone help me with that?

actually, it would probably be more usefull and cheaper to build a WA based gun from complete scratch now that i think of it.

Of all the companies, surprises me it's AGM to be honest. If the body and externals in general are half decent, bang a few G&P bits inside where needed and you might have a reliable GBBr for a pretty low price, you never know.

Well if the body is like my AGM 416 (probably better being my 416 was one of the first batches), it will hold up to a lot. Sadly, it's not steel, but it's still stood up to being tossed around.

Just remember to say thanks to WA for spending the time and money in the years of development of this gun so the chinese can rip it off eh? :)

True, true and again I say true.......however. While we're thanking WA for doing all that "R&D", that still happened to produce a flawed end item.....I think its just as valid to thank AGM for taking said "flawed" item and making at the price it should have been when WA sold it.

True, true and again I say true.......however. While we're thanking WA for doing all that "R&D", that still happened to produce a flawed end item.....I think its just as valid to thank AGM for taking said "flawed" item and making at the price it should have been when WA sold it.

The elites who shelf out usd2000 a GBB will cry foul!!

But the rest will rejoice!

It's only inevitable...

Who will wanna guess which chinese company will follow suit

and

whether the once mighty Marui will go gas?

or face extinction?

It's a eventful 2008-2009.

I'll tell stories of this epoch to my grandchildren one day.

It's a good year to be a airsofter.

Cheers.

my AGM 416

Sadly, it's not steel, but it's still stood up to being tossed around.

Even real HK416 don't have their receivers in steel. In fact, I don't think any AR15 has receivers made from anything other than aluminum (except for the Bushmaster carbon fiber receivers, but those are funny; funny weird, not funny ha-ha). Whats important are the inner guts, the parts that take high stress like the bolt carrier and bolt catch for starters.

Well, I'm buying one of these the second it comes out. Just gota make sure I'm still up to date with my defense, and away we go!

Even if it's going for US$199, so, $200, that's still dirt cheap for a GBB. And for that price, for the WA style system, I'm willing to accept a fair number of faults.

At the VERY least, it's a cheap platform to upgrade from. Same with the JG Bar-10 compared to the TM VSR?

EDIT: just crunched the price conversion; As it's ebaybanned, this appears to be £125 posted (at MOST) to wherever the hell you want. I'd be a bit suspicious of it actually coming out at that price, as you've got shipping on top of it, but even if it goes up to about £200 posted; Still a hundred cheaper than a WE! Bargain! :D

The elites who shelf out usd2000 a GBB will cry foul!!

But the rest will rejoice!

It's only inevitable...

I've spent well over $4,000 on my GBB WA, yet I feel this development is a godsend :P I realize that not everyone can afford or would even want to spend that much on an airsoft gun - so reducing the entry cost will only make WA type GBB's more accessible and more common as a result.

Just that much closer to forming a GBB exclusive team :D

:rofl: This just goes to show people only look at PRICE of airsoft guns and parts these days. "Who cares about quality...it's cheap!" But I understand not many people have careers or good paying jobs so they don't have money to buy expensive toys. Good thing is...the more gas bb guns on the WA platform there are, the more 3rd party companies will see it as an investment to make parts for it.

Archived