AGM Gas-Blowback M4

j3T

"I've spent well over $4,000 on my GBB WA...."

Ya know, that may well be something to keep to yourself :P

I have wayyyyy too many toys as it is myself, but I'm not sure I'd be ready to publicly announce that I'd spent that much on one weapon lol

I mean that's a nice used car to play around with isn't it? maybe new carpet for the house, how about a nice vacation to I don't know.....Europe? I mean 4k is a lot to spend on one weapons platform....that isn't real steel ;)

...and then jacka**es like myself just make fun of it because we're probably jealous :rolleyes:

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ya know, that may well be something to keep to yourself :P

Rarely if ever do I bring up that particular fact.. only when someone asks or if it's relevant to the conversation such as in this topic :) Believe me it's caused more than one *suitcase*-storm before, but that's not worth getting into here.

The point is that most people like yourself find spending more than a few hundred on an airsoft rifle absurd and it very well may be, lowering the cost of GBB's via china clones will only help spread the market base and encourage the development of newer and more innovative products. <--- *edit* Not by china obviously :P but due to the increased number of GBBR users.

Something that might be interesting to come from this is that it might push for more robust accessories.....lots of user have complained about their clone sight losing its zero because of the more violent action from GBB rifle as opposed to the lack of any reaction from AEG....

that is of course, if any manufacturer actually cares...

I'm certainly interested in this one, but if even the highest quality Japanese and Taiwanese airsoft companies can't produce a truly reliable product right out of the box based on the WA system I'm highly doubting that a Chinese copy company will be able to pull it off.

Still though, I'm quite interested in it. I'll just wait to see some reviews and see how people's are holding up after a few months of use before I consider purchasing one.

Rarely if ever do I bring up that particular fact.. only when someone asks or if it's relevant to the conversation such as in this topic :) Believe me it's caused more than one *suitcase*-storm before, but that's not worth getting into here.

The point is that most people like yourself find spending more than a few hundred on an airsoft rifle absurd and it very well may be, lowering the cost of GBB's via china clones will only help spread the market base and encourage the development of newer and more innovative products. <--- *edit* Not by china obviously :P but due to the increased number of GBBR users.

lol.... "people like yourself" :P

truth is, your preaching to the choir my friend- I was just saying I would never admit to that in public lol

I'm sick and tired of people saying WA's DO NOT WORK out of the box. They DO work out of the box but you need to use 134a, use good bb's and treat it with respect. My gun was proof that it worked out of the box. I only started modifying/changing out stuff so I could run green. And even then, my skirmish proven gun is still using the plastic stock hop-up set. Maybe I just know how to use and take care of my equipment I dunno. If they really didn't work out of the box, WA wouldn't have released so many different variants.

I'm going to laugh at anyone who buys this expecting anything better than a Western Arms. And so will many others too. You're better off buying a WE. At least when those parts break, replacement parts are cheap. I don't have to wait for a review to know this AGM it's gonna be a craptastic gun.

Want a gbb rifle? Save your allowance, get a job, work extra hours for overtime, lawnmower yards, use a credit card or do whatever you can to get more money to buy yourself a better platform.

I'm sick and tired of people saying WA's DO NOT WORK out of the box. They DO work out of the box but you need to use 134a, use good bb's and treat it with respect. My gun was proof that it worked out of the box. I only started modifying/changing out stuff so I could run green. And even then, my skirmish proven gun is still using the plastic stock hop-up set. Maybe I just know how to use and take care of my equipment I dunno. If they really didn't work out of the box, WA wouldn't have released so many different variants.

I'm going to laugh at anyone who buys this expecting anything better than a Western Arms. And so will many others too. You're better off buying a WE. At least when those parts break, replacement parts are cheap. I don't have to wait for a review to know this AGM it's gonna be a craptastic gun.

Want a gbb rifle? Save your allowance, get a job, work extra hours for overtime, lawnmower yards, use a credit card or do whatever you can to get more money to buy yourself a better platform.

you talk about people complaining about prices as if they are poor, even though some of us actually realize airsoft is just a hobby, id rather spend my money on real steel or more important things like accessory for my car, bigscreen, computers or idk, a girlfriend.

um...yeah...it IS directed to those who "can't afford" $360+ but still want a gbb rifle and are looking at this AGM as a substitute for a WA or a WE. Anyone who just wants to try out the AGM because it's something new and it might be fun to fool around with is different from someone who is looking to buy a cheaper alternative to the WA or the WE. Buy the AGM because you want it, not because you couldn't get a WA or a WE. Get the difference?

you talk about people complaining about prices as if they are poor, even though some of us actually realize airsoft is just a hobby, id rather spend my money on real steel or more important things like accessory for my car, bigscreen, computers or idk, a girlfriend.

:D the age old question....."what important thing should I spend my money on?"

I understand your point, and to a degree I agree with you. However, your last point kinda runs dry. Where as airsoft is "just" a hobby, so are the accessories for your car, the bigscreen (T.V I assume) the computers, and most definately....the girlfriend.

I guess if you had said something like, paying the mortgage, investing in your career, putting clothes on your childrens backs or even your own, might have made a better point. At the moment, it sounds like your saying, airsoft is a geek pastime, not worthy of serious funding, but cars, computers, girls and T.Vs are "cool" and therefore more valid......of course, I'm sure I'm wrong in my understanding ;)

if even the highest quality Japanese and Taiwanese airsoft companies can't produce a truly reliable product right out of the box based on the WA system I'm highly doubting that a Chinese copy company will be able to pull it off.

That's the thing here.

I highly doubt it's going to be reliable, or 100% out of the box. I'll be incredibly surprised if it is, but I'm not buying it for reliability.

I'm buying it because it's a dirt-cheap GBB rifle, and my budget is so small you could double it by looking down the back of your couch.

I've had an unquenchable thirst for a GBB rifle since, well, forever, and this looks like one based on a relatively proven, relatively well supported system with third-party stuff floating around.

WA Made it first, and good for them. However, I doubt I could afford a WA with a full load of mags for a good many YEARS, even if I scrounged and saved. A WE is more feasible, but still looking too pricey; £300 for the gun and one mag is just too much for me, which is why 90% of my guns are clones, and will be until I graduate and have a proper job.

If the price stays the same on this (EBB have a habit of charging more than they tease, IIRC), then It's a win on every possible count for me. All things being equal, and an infinite ammount of money, I'd probably buy a G&P; Fully upgraded, and based on a system the mimics the real-steel really well. However, Finances come into play, and I'm going with the cheapest option. being me, I'll dump enough money into it that I could have dumped enough dosh into it to buy a small car, but that's besides the point.

Besides ALL of that, it offers a great way to make a budget GBB Thunder Maul ;)

I'm gonna get one as a backup gun. Simply that if I'm on the field and I don't want to try and repair something I have something to fall back on.

That said I'm sure it will suck.

Don't be daft.

I predict all the reviews will say it's a wonderful gun.

Pretty much the same as they did about the WA gun when it first came out.

TBH, this is a similar case to the Warrior 1 sniper rifle.

You buy a Maruzen T96 and then replace pretty-much everything besides the stock and receiver.

Cos you're doing that, it actually makes sense to start with the chinese gun.

Given that most people just like to customise their gun, chances are the foregrip is gonna go, as is are the iron sights and carry handle. Stock might be useless too.

If it's plastic you'll probably want to fit a metal receiver. If it's poor metal then you'd be replacing it the same as you would a plastic WA receiver. If it's decent metal that's a bonus right there.

Basically, there are two criteria that'll make this gun a success.

1) The internals need to be half decent and/or 100% compatible with the same part off the WA gun.

2) The mags need to be reliable and gas-tight.

Beyond that, I doubt I'll ever skirmish solely with one of these. It'll be used to show off, to tinker with at home and for the odd milsim or CQB game.

I've already made a space in my wardrobe for mine. ;)

dont see what the problem is myself

for a lot of folks these guns are going to be little more than a novelty so might as well be a cheap novelty

for others the base gun is going to end up like a woodsmans axe with bugger all left of the original gun in pretty short order, in which case the base gun might as well be cheap - its only real uses being a big 3d recepticle to stick all the upgrade parts into and onto as they gather them up a few at a time, and act as an assembly guide for where the fiddly bits are meant to go when they've eventually gathered up enough parts to rebuild it completely.

eg take my GHK AK I could have opted to have one using a VFC or guarder AK as the 'quality' base gun but hardly worth it seeing as the only parts I've ended up keeping are the mag valves, three springs, the adjusters from the hop unit and one of the firecontrol pins (and even the 3 springs and firecontrol pin are pencilled in for replacement lol)

Theres a difference between spending good money when you have to, and wasting good money paying a premium for stuff you're only going to chuck away anyway

I'm certainly interested in this one, but if even the highest quality Japanese and Taiwanese airsoft companies can't produce a truly reliable product right out of the box based on the WA system I'm highly doubting that a Chinese copy company will be able to pull it off.

Still though, I'm quite interested in it. I'll just wait to see some reviews and see how people's are holding up after a few months of use before I consider purchasing one.

only minus in this equisation is that as far as i know AGM dont have any GAS experience prior to this one, it could be that they do in co-operation with other companies because only ones i think know GAS technology in Chenghai (the bigger ones that can produce big guns) is Army, Well and Double Eagle pretty much, hope i didnt forget anyone from there but not too much so far. but if they use their own technology for this then it might have more prone for errors as its a prototype totally without any experience with it. But lets hope for the best.

Don't be daft.

Hmm...I shouldn't say I'll laugh at them. That is kind of rude. I guess people will just have to wait until it's actually released and reviewed.

edit: screw-it...i'm anti-clone so anyone even bothering to read this topic won't care what I have to say.

dont see what the problem is myself

for a lot of folks these guns are going to be little more than a novelty so might as well be a cheap novelty

for others the base gun is going to end up like a woodsmans axe with bugger all left of the original gun in pretty short order, in which case the base gun might as well be cheap - its only real uses being a big 3d recepticle to stick all the upgrade parts into and onto as they gather them up a few at a time, and act as an assembly guide for where the fiddly bits are meant to go when they've eventually gathered up enough parts to rebuild it completely.

That I think is something valid, and what I think still makes something like G&P worth their dough over the cheaper clone. G&P IS a upgraded WA and it works for the most part. You could very well leave the internals alone if you want, and the exterior is pretty darn well made....if you ended up buying a ACM and ended up wanting to swap a bunch of stuff, you'll pay more than you would pay for a G&P stock anyway....

That I think is something valid, and what I think still makes something like G&P worth their dough over the cheaper clone. G&P IS a upgraded WA and it works for the most part. You could very well leave the internals alone if you want, and the exterior is pretty darn well made....if you ended up buying a ACM and ended up wanting to swap a bunch of stuff, you'll pay more than you would pay for a G&P stock anyway....

aye you could, but if you're the sort that wont be satisfied with less than a solid steel this, a billet aluminium that and an infinitely adjustable wangleflanger, all wrapped up in drop forged hard anodized UberDeltaForceNinja trademarked externals, then even it wouldnt be worth the extra if its all going to end up dropped into the same spare parts bucket one chunk at a time.

hell, even if it came with all those bits as standard this is airsoft - there'd still be the clang of its guts hitting the bottom of the bin in favour of a new even-more-easily-adjustable third party wangleflanger and depleted uranium bolt carrier within an hour of it being unboxed :D

This is great, if only for the magazines.

Otherwise, if it is stock WA clone, then WA's M4 is finally available at a reasonable price.

For people talking about dropping money onto their WA M4s to get them propane-ready, well, that was before the WOC. The WOC is a propane ready WA M4, a propane-ready WA M4 costs $500. If that's expensive, then I guess it is. If this AGM is better for less, then I guess everyone will buy the AGM one.

There's really nothing to argue about until it actually comes out, but I can't see anything bad coming out of this one. I'd love to see an all-GBB summer skirmish.

if anything though, the mag is the hardest thing to make.....seal depends the most on parts tolerance, and QC is the weakest part of a clone company(and a big reason why they are cheap), because they have none. And that they get their dimension from reverse engineering the product, so they have no GD&T information of the original design. Unlike an AEG where its wired up and ready to go, a gas gun needs those stuff to mate properly to work well...

And from people who have issue running WA with propane, it just further shows that the design that work for gas at one pressure might now work at another...all this will determine how well the GBB works...

Stuff like the Army pistol and stuff, they have a solid TM platform with tried and tested TM mag to support their system. Whereas in this case, even OEM mags have issues....

Its now possible too build a super custom WA based system totally from scratch, and its cheaper then buying any gun and upgrading, including this new one.

Sure, but its generally a lot easier to do that if you have some version of the gun sat in front of you to work out everything thats going to be required, which of the competing third party upgrades are likely to be best option for your particular requirements and where/how it all fits.

Rather than just relying on an exploded parts diagram or trawling thru umpteen threads on forums.

Its now possible too build a super custom WA based system totally from scratch, and its cheaper then buying any gun and upgrading, including this new one.

That might be viable if it was your 2nd WA M4 but it's gonna be a helluva job to build one from nothing.

You're, basically, gambling $600-odd and hoping you can figure out how it goes together then, after you build it, hoping you got it right and it shoots straight.

Far better, IMO, to start with something that shoots then replacing various parts one at a time until the changes are complete.

As I said before, the parts you could keep are probably worth $100 so the maximum amount of "spare parts" yoiu'll be lleft with is $100-odds worth.

And, of course, that immediately leaves you with a big box of bits for when it all goes horribly wrong.

Archived