AGM Gas-Blowback M4

j3T

In certain situations where it can complement a wedging force, it can aid in producing a tighter seal. But yeah, you don't have to use just PTFE tape.

Right ho. :)

It's just one of my pet hates that people think PTFE tape is a sealant. I've even seen people wrapping it around pipes to cure leaks.

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's the attraction of e bay banned? There are other online shops that has stock and less moaned about.

Erik.

Free UPS shipping included in the price !

Put it this way my DD version was £160 shiped, other normal ris ones £130 shiped

Get some silicone grease if you have a leak. it'll seal it up nicely. smear plenty of it on the rubber seals and reassemble it. mine is rock solid now. :)

How did you get your mag apart? I followed the red wolf guide here: http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?reviewID=190

And I ended up needing to take out all 4 pins that hold the BB feed in, but still can't get the base plate off... weirddddd

How did you get your mag apart? I followed the red wolf guide here: http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?reviewID=190

And I ended up needing to take out all 4 pins that hold the BB feed in, but still can't get the base plate off... weirddddd

Pins pins and more pins, once you have the part that holds the BB's off there is more pins, could be you've missed some, if you look at the photo of the parts on the redwolf guide you can see where most of the pin holes are, unless its leaking from the base i would leave that alone and only replace the main seal at the top, that seems to be where the fail is, if it aint broke don't fix it :waggle:

Did you try the G&P seals, mines held gas for well over a day now, they have done the trick for me.

I was going too but the person who assembled my mag in the factory sure didn't follow instructions... my pins were placed in the correct and incorrect positions. I mean some were put in one way and others a different way. So in the process of removing my pins 2 are now to loose to fit and 1 is mangled to the point that it won't go back in. I'm not sure if I'll be able to salvage it. However the GHK mags work wonderfully and I prefer the mag design far better than the AGM/WA ones.

Little update,

After maybe 7k rounds i noticed that the hammer body pin was slightly loose and able to come out with little force. then all of a sudden it actually snapped in two pieces. i had something handy to make a new pin so its not the end of the world. their pretty easy to make and install too but its something that broke so i thought i would update here. so far there has been wear on the bolt and this broken pin. no other probs and both were quick and easy fixes.

If anyone else orders an AGM do it through ehobbyasia.com I stand by them as I got my gun in less than 3 days. In fact my gun came one day early than promised. As for the accessories you can also order them from ehobbyasia.com in one fell swoop.

On another matter does anyone know how much better the RATech bolt catch works? I've sanded down the mechanism that prevents the bolt catch working in my AGM as low as I comfortably can make it. It works like 85-90% of the time but if the gun is slightly tilted to the right it won't catch.

If anyone else orders an AGM do it through ehobbyasia.com I stand by them as I got my gun in less than 3 days. In fact my gun came one day early than promised. As for the accessories you can also order them from ehobbyasia.com in one fell swoop.

On another matter does anyone know how much better the RATech bolt catch works? I've sanded down the mechanism that prevents the bolt catch working in my AGM as low as I comfortably can make it. It works like 85-90% of the time but if the gun is slightly tilted to the right it won't catch.

How much was the P&P to the USA? Just out of curiosity.

My bolt catch problem is with the Mag's lever being rigid and not lifting up to trigger the bolt catch to lock back.

Erik.

The RIS version is available now in local walk-in shops here in Hong Kong.

Today, all are already sold out, but some will re-stock tomorrow and guess what I'll sure buy one.

I would not open a claim as they wont send your item until it's resolved.

Ebaybanned complete waist of time every time i have ordered from them it get's longer and longer ,i ordered a ris hand guard from them and after a month of waiting i opened a paypal claim as i had emailed them severel times and the final staw was jesse telling me to check the post office even though the tracking number they had provided did not work, paypal refunded my money in the end and i avoid ebaybanned at all cost.

Bought mine from ehobby asia arrived in the uk 3 day's after purchase and is now sitting in customs awaiting custom charges.

eHobby seem ok and all, quick with dispatching stuff, but their shipping charges seem really over inflated. I ordered an CYMA AKM along with the AGM M4 and, comparing the 2, TNT shipping with RSOV was a shocking amount cheaper than the equivalent delivery service from eHobby, and TNT has proven to me time and again to be above excellent. I asked RSOV to write my site membership detsails/UKARA number on the package and it didn't spend an hour in customs; that could have been sheer luck admittedly but there's no real way of knowing.

Archived