AGM Gas-Blowback M4

j3T

So a AGM = $120 + Shipping, G&P body = $180 + Shipping, new Bolt = ~$60-150 depends on what you want to get, new mag = ~$40-100

~$400-$500

New WOC $495.

So um....

Well the problem with that is no one in the US at least outside of California seems to sell the G&P WOCs online and the ones that are sold with in "driving range" are still between $500 - 800 before taxes. Also one other thing the models that are available are the same type M4 as an AGM. And shipping from HK/Taiwan would still be expensive. And for the mags that doesn't make a difference as you'd spend the same on a WOC anyway.

EDIT** Btw when I say I broke my AGM body its purely a cosmetic thing with the trigger guard. I'll show pics to explain what I mean when my MIAD gets here.

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So a AGM = $120 + Shipping, G&P body = $180 + Shipping, new Bolt = ~$60-150 depends on what you want to get, new mag = ~$40-100

~$400-$500

New WOC $495.

So um....

Have there been problems with the AGM M4's body that necessitate the purchase of a G&P reciever set?

Just quoting Roecar in that he broke his....

Ah, I have one on order and was getting worried that it was a widespread problem :)

Roecar, have you looked into the possibility of getting a replacement AGM reciever (might save you a fair bit)? What part of the reciever broke?

So, I opened my magazine all the way up. The tiny O-ring in main valve had dislodged slightly out of place. I reseated it and now my AGM magazine works fine again. Mine does not have any tape anywhere in it and it does not leak on propane. Not sure what really makes these "1st Gen" and "2nd Gen" magazines people are talking about.

Since my AGM magazine still doesn't lock the bolt, I am getting the spring from one of my aeg midcaps and fitting it into my AGM magazine. Hopefully it will give enough force on the bolt catch to engage it.

well mine finally arrived today

As expected its cheap and its cheerful and thats about it. If you want a quick play around with a gas blow back rifle its a cheap 'in'. In worst case scenario you can fart around with it break something or fail miserably to get it back together with no big loss.

its an 061 the handguards with fake gas tube moulded in look cheap feel cheap and are cheap so straight in bin

barrel needed screwed tight as did the buffer tube and buffer tube ring

bolt catch/firing block assembly had proper restricted hole with shouldered pin and spring

fully stripped the upper is still pretty heavy, has hole for a fake gas tube, and the barrel extension is cast into breech. Firecontrol parts look useable - mine are heading for spares bucket but I wouldnt have any real qualms about 'using them till the broke' if cash was tight.

WOC might prove a better buy for some but I honestly dont see the additonal parts I'd be keeping from it (over and above parts Id be keeping from the AGM) amounting to the 380 dollars difference in off the shelf price. I suspect Id just end up with a more expensive parts bucket.

I had the same problem as badly browned, and my mag doesnt have any tape either. My front (RIS) has a little wobble, but the barrel is fine, seems most of the wobble comes from the deltaring, it has a tiny wobble in the rear buffertube, I might take it apart and see if I can fix it. Might aswell get a slingplate for it when I do.

Ah, I have one on order and was getting worried that it was a widespread problem :)

Roecar, have you looked into the possibility of getting a replacement AGM reciever (might save you a fair bit)? What part of the reciever broke?

I was hoping that there were some replacements available. The manual makes it seem as if there are but I have no clue how to get one and I don't know what the AGM website is. I have a "cosmetic" solution but I can't show it until my MIAD comes around next week. I'll let you guys know.

The G&P receiver isn't compatible with the AGM see compatability guide.

He would be more concerned with if the internal of the AGM fit inside a G&P receiver. In his case I'd imagine he is replaceing the whole receiver set with a G&P set...

If the internal doesn't fit, then he would need G&P internals and you would pretty much have a WOC...

Redwolf's page only talks about externals and it only does "tests" mixing parts and not transplanting internals. So for me that link is pretty useless. If I do decide to get a G&P body I'd use the whole thing and not just half. As for internals I'd keep all the AGM parts except maybe the bolt/bolt carrier group which one be one of the RATech versions. As for everything else I'd swap it out when they begin to fail.

I was hoping that there were some replacements available. The manual makes it seem as if there are but I have no clue how to get one and I don't know what the AGM website is. I have a "cosmetic" solution but I can't show it until my MIAD comes around next week. I'll let you guys know.

Here's my "cosmetic" solution for my broke trigger guard tabs. Full kit MIAD is my friend. I couldn't glue the pieces on because they wouldn't stick or sit properly, I file down the rough edges and tried hide the fact as best I could.

DSC01622.jpg

Yup, just to mirror Roecar's post regarding the trigger gaurd. It isnt standard size so whatever you do, dont force it. Mine took some machineing to get right.

3651664976_c375a6c6ff_b.jpg

And the finished product,

3650862421_90e7bbd56e_b.jpg

Not sure if im finished with it yet though, Maybe a shorter barrel, (cheers Augustus, hadn't see them on there)

has anyone tried this barrel http://www.ebairsoft.com/steel-outer-barrel-p-2284.html with the standard agm delta ring yet? does it fit without mods?

Yep,

It'll fit perfectly but, erm, it's a bit agricultural in construction.

The colour is a bit off, it's a rather light grey so it looks a bit odd with a black flash-hider and the finish looks like it is a 14 year-old's metal shop project.

More importantly, the collar that locks it onto the front of the receiver is a few mm thinner (in thickness. The diameter is the same) than the AGM one.

This means you can attach this barrel to the receiver using an AEG barrel nut.

It also comes with a bag of shims so you can increase the thickness of that collar again to adjust where the barrel nut tightens up.

TBH, I wouldn't buy one to replace the standard barrel. It's very heavy, not that well-made and needs painting.

If you want a barrel to make an M4 CQB, or an M16, I guess, then it'll do.

• 3 months later...

Archived