AGM Gas-Blowback M4

j3T

Brief first impression review:

I have had it in my hands today and I am really impressed.

The gun really works out of the box no problem. Only the mags are ###### (gas leak), but you will have to buy mags anyway and those can be from other brands like GHK, Prowin or whatnot. It shoots 450fps outa the box which is too hot for most people, so using 134 gas would downgrade it to about 370fps (ca. 1.3J). Cycling is okay and ROF isn't really affected. Yes, the nozzle is plastic and all the internals are pretty much like the WA. All exterior parts are metal (body, carrying handle, front sight etc.). The stock is made of good quality (I guess nylon), but wobbles a little which shouldn't be a big issue.

I did not see a siginifcant gap between the upper and lower receiver. Receiver has no markings and is dull gray. Overall it looks sturdy, but as it's a replica of the WA it's recommended to not use propane/green gas. It performs just fine with 134 Marui gas. There's no RIS version yet. The one I tested was with the plastic foregrip.

If anybody wants to buy, I'd be glad to help. I know where to get it for US$199 shipped.

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am guessing this will be #####, to get a WA workng properly, it is almost neccesary to get steel and other reinfored parts; most of the time they are CNC. Something tells me AGM did not randomlly start using steel.......

This gun would, however, make a nice project gun, because it would be a lot easier to replace the bolt top, hammer, sear, bolt carrier, nozzle, hop-up, and barrel extention on a $200 AGM gun than it would be to do the same to a WA, G&P or INO

everyone is talking about replacing all the parts but if everyone who does that trys to sell of the old parts then there would be sooo many spares floating round so if the bolt broke you could buy a new clone bolt for peanuts :D im interested for maybe IPSC get maybe 3/4 mags and stick to the aeg for everything else

People seem to be missing the point and, for , appeal of this...

it's a GBB Rifle. It'll be fun to shoot, and I'll enjoy endlessly tinkering with it. If it worked flawlessly out of the box I'd actually be a bit disappointed; there'd be less for me to do! :D

It is, of course, not going to be up to par with any of the other GBB rifles currently out, but I don't expect it to. I expect it to have some niggles that I'll shortly sort out, and I'll have one hell of a lot of fun shooting it, and even just fiddling with it and screwing around in the house.

I'm buying it for, as they say, "Sh*ts and Giggles". I want something fun, and this is going to be that. It's also as realistic as I can get in the UK without breaking lots of laws, which makes it all the better.

I do agree with that, the price of admission is a lot lower with these and when they do want to spend more money on it they'll be ending spending lots to fix it....

I think its the same with any other stuff actually....once you really want to spend money on your airsoft, be it as GBB or AEG, pistol or rifle, you'll spend the money for the quality stuff.....

...because it would be a lot easier to replace the bolt top, hammer, sear, bolt carrier, nozzle, hop-up, and barrel extention on a $200 AGM gun than it would be to do the same to a WA, G&P or INO...

Why would you do any of those mods to a G&P? The important ones have already been done before you bought the rifle... :/

Anyway, even as a G&P owner, I think it's brilliant that these have popped out. The more low / real cap GBB rifles there are in the world, the better.

I beleive this is the point, if I wanted a working, skirmishable GBB I'd go for a G&P BUT I want to aply with it, to break it and make it, then buy a new one when I realised you couldn't dremel THAT bit. But only have a cheap gun to replace rather than a rackoff expensive one. Also the more people like me who buy a cheap one, themore incentive there is for QUALITY 3rd aprty parts for everyone =]

KWP, I'm glad to see you've had a first-hand encounter with this production. I'm more than certain this will be an interesting release, and if it's in the $120-200 area it's a stupid choice not to jump on it.

I'm very excited to see what this release will hold, as well as the DBOYs and JG releases. It can be surely said that gas-in-mag GBB rifles have made an astronomical advance since birth, and most definitely will not have a demise any time soon. The possibilities of these releases shed new light on the GBB rifle market. This in itself should be looked at as quite a LARGE advance to what is currently known as the GBB rifle. Why? Well, although this release will bring pretty much no innovation to the market, it does hold quite a few opportunities for us airsofters.

This release will provide those who want to own a GBB rifle but think it plain silly to spend $500+ (on the WA system, not you WE) on such a system that honestly has not proved itself to be all the way reliable, but finicky at best. That's not to say these problems won't be remedied with the upcoming developments for GBB's, i.e. PGC's new mag, RA-tech's developments, etc.

It goes without saying that these innovative products are advancing very rapidly, and I predict by mid 2010 we should have a surefire WA system.

This particular release provides us with the following:

-A cheap rifle based on a proven system, that according to KWP isn't as shoddy as most chinese products are.

-A gun that is easily gutted for parts for those who already own the higher end rifles.

-A cheap start to gradually build a dream GBB, in which step-by-step we can upgrade it without having to fork out so much dough.

-One word: Mags. I know they aren't the best even with this model, but I predict there will be drop-in-kits that can remedy these problems (some of which are available, but we need to further tweak with this)

I can easily see myself picking one of these up, especially if I can deck it out with G&P and RA tech parts.

It seems to me like this is a BETTER release from China, they finally know what we want :)

...I'm very excited to see what this release will hold, as well as the DBOYs and JG releases...

I wouldn't hold your breath on those. I'e known people to post this sort of thing on sites, both news-based and retailers, that couldn't figure their way out of a paper bag on their head.

My guess is that whoever wrote the description thought that DBoy's and JG's AEG's were in fact GBB's, or something equally silly.

I wouldn't hold your breath on those. I'e known people to post this sort of thing on sites, both news-based and retailers, that couldn't figure their way out of a paper bag on their head.

My guess is that whoever wrote the description thought that DBoy's and JG's AEG's were in fact GBB's, or something equally silly.

I've had confirmation from a number of Chinese sources that both JG and Dboys are producing a WA clone. The AGM surprised me by coming out first, as I heard about their plan to produce it last of the three.

On the topic on GBB M4's, anybody know about the quality of the 2roy m4a1?

I've had confirmation from a number of Chinese sources that both JG and Dboys are producing a WA clone. The AGM surprised me by coming out first, as I heard about their plan to produce it last of the three.

On the topic on GBB M4's, anybody know about the quality of the 2roy m4a1?

I thought 2ROY just made a CNC body for the WA? I might be wrong.

I wouldnt be so dismissive, dboys are supposed to be doing a GBB AK based on the GHK design so an M4 would be a natural addition, and theres been a thread on airsoft canada regarding a WELL M4 including photos of a preproduction gun, which also mentions releases for JG and Dboys

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=82940

Archived