AGM Gas-Blowback M4

j3T

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those of use who don't read chineese, here's the badly-translated-by-babelfish version...

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?d...TrUrl=Translate

Looks good. Certainly can't wait for mine to arrive... *compulsively checks tracking page*

Apparently it'll be leaving HK tomorrow, so about 9-10 hours? Anybody else getting theirs sooner?

Totally stupid question incoming:

Can the WA (so hopefully this one too) work without the buffertube? Id like to convert one of these into a pistol AR15, maybe even without a stock.

Can the WA (so hopefully this one too) work without the buffertube? Id like to convert one of these into a pistol AR15, maybe even without a stock.

Nope. Its the same raw design as real steel. Has to have a buffer tube to move the bolt back and forward.

Does anyone know who has these in stock other than eb?

To get the gun to cycle it probably needs maybe 1/3 to 1/2 of how much travel it has now to cock the hammer and load the BB, so the actual bolt travel(and thus the buffer tube length) can be shorter I think. At the expense of bolt locking

otherwise, if you shorten the actual buffer "piston", you can probably shorten the tube needed by some....but you can't eliminate it one way or another because thats what is returning the bolt....

does anyone know why gunner does not sell it any more? its gone :o

Probably because he's out of stock, and doesn't think he'll be able to get any more soon, or something along those lines?

why would they take it out? they could just change the status to 'sold out' or 'discontinued'? :huh:

seems quite weird to me.

*shrugs* It's the only logical thing I can think of. In any case, I'm not fussed... Not with mine already on it's way...

Can the WA (so hopefully this one too) work without the buffertube? Id like to convert one of these into a pistol AR15, maybe even without a stock.h

The guys are right,the tube is central to the AR GBB system,as the bolt that being blown back, cocking the hammer on its way rearward,readied for subsequent shot,the bolt needs to be returned(by the energy stored in the buffer te compressed buffer tube string) to chamber a round and getting ready to begin a new cycle. While it's possible to do away with the buffer tube but it needs to adopt a new design called short-stroke piston like the one found on AKs,SCARs and 416,where folding stock is common.

Can the WA (so hopefully this one too) work without the buffertube? Id like to convert one of these into a pistol AR15, maybe even without a stock.h

The guys are right,the tube is central to the AR GBB system,as the bolt that being blown back, cocking the hammer on its way rearward,readied for subsequent shot,the bolt needs to be returned(by the energy stored in the buffer te compressed buffer tube string) to chamber a round and getting ready to begin a new cycle. While it's possible to do away with the buffer tube but it needs to adopt a new design called short-stroke piston like the one found on AKs,SCARs and 416,where folding stock is common.

You obviously have no Idea what your talking about.

The piston system has nothing to do with the travel of the bolt. For example The HK416 uses a Short stroke piston and it still needs its buffer tube.

AK receivers are longer while the bolt is much shorter, so the recoil spring can be accommodated inside the main part of the receiver.

The buffer tube merely holds the recoil spring, as there is no where else to put it.

I am also not sure if it's a function forward assist. The ones I tested did nothing.

I'm guessing they installed the ratchet or spring backwards (like how they installed the safeties backwards on the clone L96). Wouldn't complain given how cheap it is.

The buffer tube merely holds the recoil spring, as there is no where else to put it.

Not just that. A good length of the bolt carrier actually goes into the receiver extension.

I'm guessing they installed the ratchet or spring backwards (like how they installed the safeties backwards on the clone L96). Wouldn't complain given how cheap it is.

Not just that. A good length of the bolt carrier actually goes into the receiver extension.

This should show if the forward assist button is functional:

th_25e98a51.jpg

th_ab797146.jpg

This should show if the forward assist button is functional: ...

haha... that is a 100% copy of the exploded view from the WA manual

...how poor is that, they just add "AGM" on top of the pages :whistling:

On the other side, it really seems that this a 1:1 clone

but that´s still no guarantee that WA upgrade parts will fit without modding...

D.O.C.

Archived