"The Unit" Cancelled

RacingManiac

The Bad News:

http://www.film.com/tv/the-unit/story/the-...by-cbs/28313517

The Petition:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/6/save-the-unit

Personally I love the show, with one of the more realistic depiction of military action and good storyline. The past season had one of the most ambitious story arc yet and now its cancelled we'll never see how it plays out.....

There is no doubt it is a fantastic show, in my mind a modern day A-Team.

However it is has been in a slow and steady decline over the past few years.

Sure there is a few great episodes in each series but there is plenty of stinkers too!

The first episode of the first series is crazy good but since then it seems there has always been a threat of cancellation.

It's very sad news but if you have followed the series properly you would have been expecting this for a long time.

R.I.P. Jonas :(

The first season was... well... OK, but the rest was a steady downhill ride.

The military wives line was really-really boring and artificial.

Some of the action was laughable and plain stupid.

No wonder they cancelled it.

Bugger , Wednesday nights will never be the same .

It must have got too complicated for US audiences and they lost interest as they did with "Space above and beyond" !

Two great programs with interesting ,complex plot lines that lost popularity because the burger eating ,sofa dwelling spuds couldn't understand them

The mantra you have to chant through half of the show is "go away Molly we wanna see Jonas make more 'splosions." but the half with the 'splosions was good. :(

Above and beyond wasn't too complicated, it was just too not really any good.

So what do all those complaining about the action hold up as a good example of military TV drama, Soldier Soldier or Ultimate Force perhaps? ;)

I'm sorry to see The Unit go - It was the best of its kind in a long time - with the Shield over too, there's a lot less to watch on TV these days... Still, maybe I can get a life now :)

Cheers.

Typical, whenever there is something decent on always seems to go to ######.

Wouldn't say it's one of the best programmes out there but was interesting and amusing enough to keep me hooked.

Guess we'll have to be stuck with all the crappy reality *suitcase* tv programmes that seems to be on all day everyday :angry:

TBH I gave up watching it early enough that the only "plot" I can remember is that one guy had his belly button on his heel cos he was grown in a tank.

It was his neck ;)

The wives really annoyed me as well.

I'm surprised they didn't start running the missions :P It would be much better without their involvement but I suppose they are in the show to show the 'family side' and to grab the attention of any potential female viewers.

The Unit definitely was one of my favourite shows though and it will be missed but for every great episode their was one shockingly poor one, some of them made me cringe!

All that makes me sound like I hate it :P I was actually glued to the screen for every episode though.

Have guys tried Generation Kill? It was only a 7 part mini series but it's really good and there is no annoying wives!

It's plot still lost most of it's US viewers in confusion ;)

umm, no, absolutely not. The show after a while got stale, and it sucked. I'm surprised that you UK viewers like the show so much. Personally, I thought it was terrible. Cheap sets, and bad "tactical acting" made the show a good laugh, if nothing more.

Like i said it wasn't one of the best shows, but as our tv sets are innundated with reality tv shows, The Unit is a nice little change.

I used to love 'OVER THERE' as well as it's mentioned above, shame it was such a small series

Yeah, the Unit was a bit of fun - sorry to see it go, but I wouldn't say it's up there with BoB or anything! :)

Actually, I used to enjoy Ultimate Farce, Bodyguards and the Professionals, so I don't have very high brow tastes when it comes to action :)

Cheers.

well you can't really compare it to BoB or Generation Kill....HBO series are basically like movies.....with budgets to match. Network TV series have much more constraints....

The show is standout for me amongst the boring reality ###### and the dozens of procedural CSI cop show....it sucks that those show gets the rating because all the actual interesting shows keeps getting the boot....

Archived