TAN Safariland 6004 holster replica(s)

chas

It seems that Some people in here are not able to see that there are a lot of people living outside the glourious US of A.

I am happy for you that you can buy a Safariland for 62$ in the USA but i here in Germany for example you have to pay round about 150 US$ for a new safariland.

I really would prefeer to buy a new one, but i have to admit that i cant and dont want to spend that much money on a holster for an airsoft gun.

So thank you chas for shareing the information about the Safariland clones and please go on doing so!

That's an unfair statement. European prices are closer to holster MSRP and there's not a secondary market for them like in the United States.

That said - eBay and many US gun boards have classifieds systems where Safarilands sell for cheap prices. I just bought a Safariland for a 1911 for $50 shipped (6004) and $55 shipped (3004). Shipping to Europe is only around $20 more.

I have also found real Eotechs for just 200$ (and it was a new 552, not even a 522), but those only pop up every now and then. If it were that easy to find cheap Safarilands, there wouldnt be a market for replicas, dont you think?

As for hating intellectual property: I dont hate it, I just dont respect it ^_^

And hating america... yeah, thats why I speak english with an american accent, instead of the british pronounciation I was taught at school.

Oh, and McKnight: nice start! At least we spanish and german (hey, I got insulted twice!) dumbshits know how to spell the adverb "too".

The problem of you guys (spanish dump *albatross* and german fool) that you are to stupid to find dealers, friends or other ways to get the real things for cheap money. Get your small minds open!

Shut up.

It might suprise you to know US manufactured items cost more in the EU and UK! And once they are here, they hold a higher value secondhand because they are uncommon! *gasp*

Not all of us live next to Army camps or suck up to forces members to get airsoft kit.

Couple of quick commented..

1. Real Safarilands, depending on the model you want, used in the US go for about $20-60 if you know where to look. Ebay, is not where you look.

2. Naturally the pistol is going to fit better into a clone holster... Considering the real holster is made to fit.. surprise... the real gun, sights, groves, of that specific model. I've never had a safariland fit a real gun 'loose'. Properly adjusted, they're excellent, comfortable holsters. (Especially their hip holsters.)

3. Perhaps it's just the fact I'm American... but I'd rather buy a real holster, or real gear over any replica stuff anytime, end of story. Same reason why I drive a Ford that was made in Kentucky.

4. Do whatever makes you happy... Just never knock the real stuff for it's price. Someone had to design it to be cloned in the first place.

I spent a crazy amount of time looking for a Safariland holster for my Kimber and for my Glock 17. The Glock wasn't too hard, but the Kimber would have to be special ordered direct from Safariland. Then I had the issue of deciding if I wanted the holster to accomodate just the gun or one of my many weapon lights (TLR-1, XTI Procyon, Surefire X300). I clearly couldn't buy one holster for each different setup, and the Safariland holsters aren't cheap.

That's why I bought my G-Code Holster. Affordable (cheaper than Safariland), custom made, and modular (got different lower cowlings for all my weapon lights), quick detachable to install on my MOLLE rig, in a HSGI holster, or on a hip paddle ... all the benefits of the Safariland and then some.

gcode01small.jpg

gcode02small.jpg

:D

Archived