What colour lightsaber would you have?

ColDaz

Haha, I found the expression on McDirmids face hilarious when they were fighting. Like a grandad eating dinner and stabbing at ''damn ungrateful kids'' with his fork...tee hee.

Ya notice Palpatine was the only character to ever make that stabbing move in all 6 films? And did anyone else think the blades of the sabers looked a little...odd, this time out?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd firstly have a base like this..

(FLASH MOVIE)3-pronged sabre

Or I'd have short, small versions of them, like shurikens of force-goodness.

If I were forced into having a more authentic style.. I'd choose a normal length one with a second blade underneath thats very short (so an Asymmetric double-blade sort of) - not for Parrying obviously but if you can get a back-hand in there it will leave a nice gaping crater :)

Colours? well.. I'd Like a Dusty Grey for a neutral type like me. If not.. One Dark Red and one Dark Blue.

Yes Sledge, your absolutely right. In, ''I, Jedi'' or one of the Rogue Squadron books it says this.

EDIT: Got my tickets booked! This Thursday, 6.15pm!

In I, Jedi, Corran learns how to make crystals synthetically, just as was used by the Jedi during the Clone Wars.

Idealy they find a crystal themselves (perhaps being drawn to it by the force) and take about 2 months to put a lightsabre together.

Anakin Organa-Solo uses a living Lambent crystal to repair his lightsabre, which allows him to sense the Yuuzhan Vong

I'd firstly have a base like this..

(FLASH MOVIE)3-pronged sabre

Or I'd have short, small versions of them, like shurikens of force-goodness.

If I were forced into having a more authentic style.. I'd choose a normal length one with  a second blade underneath thats very short (so an Asymmetric double-blade sort of) - not for Parrying obviously but if you can get a back-hand in there it will leave a nice gaping crater :)

Colours? well.. I'd Like a Dusty Grey for a neutral type like me. If not.. One Dark Red and one Dark Blue.

I totally like that idea, cuse if you do that you can use your boomarang power and make them spinning sabers of death

p.s. I would have a staff style saber with a trident style to it

Behind the scenes you see the 'active' sabers with solid sticks that are coloured red/blue/green/whatever, but of course the effects are put in in post production to make them all glowy as we all know and love them.

EDIT: They might be made out of metal maybe? Some really stong plastic? I dunno to be honest, they never say.

http://www.buystarwarsstuff.com/

I'm gonna get a Graflex/ red. Just call me Darth Cinder.

ps- emailed the guys and they said the sabers could take quite a bit of punishment.

luke and anakin used graflex tubes, Vader used a Heil tube for IV and V and in VI he switched to the graflex, which looked retarded, cuase they put a cut-down heil shroud on top.

PS. the Rogue saber looks more like the Vader Saber from Episode IV, so, that's a good place to start.

Archived