What colour lightsaber would you have?

ColDaz

Hmm, on the other hand, wasn't that Dark Jedi on Dagobah mentioned only in the Timothy Zahn Thrawn trilogy? 'Cos I didn't think it was stricly canonical. And there's enough other stuff in the novels that the films are making look stupid.

I'd say it was the other way round. Timothy Zahn's books were ace, whereas the new films make me vomit with anger.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

have to say I'm with Rikkster on this one: the books were hardly Booker Prize shortlist material, but the new films a smegging AWFUL.

the action scenes are the only redeeming feature of them, and even they suffer from the fabled "heavy hand of Lucas".

the man needs to learn his limitations, I say.

The color of the lightsaber isnt based on want the jedi wants or likes, they all have different crystals that give it different attributes and a color to tell them apart; really the jedi's job is what chooses which color he gets, like green is sentinel, blue is guardian, etc.

/geek

Anyways, Id want a green one.

Purple.

...but perhaps we can also discuss the impossibility of creating a "light-saber"? :P

I'm sure I saw a patent for one somewhere...

Don't think it had the sink plug hole like Luke's does :D

(look closely and you'll see the end of his sabre where the blade comes out is from a sink)

snake, that only refers to the old-style jedi's, from the days of the old republic. the "modern" jedi chooses his or her (or even it's) own crystal, which gives it the color. some go on a quest to find their crystal, some fabricate theirs. and lightsabers don't have "attributes" like in KOTOR :-P

snake, that only refers to the old-style jedi's, from the days of the old republic.  the "modern" jedi chooses his or her (or even it's) own crystal, which gives it the color.  some go on a quest to find their crystal, some fabricate theirs.  and lightsabers don't have "attributes" like in KOTOR :-P

Exactly, the crystals used dictate the length and colour of the blade.

Some Jedi choose to have multiple crystals so that they can change the length and colour at will, however this is not always a good thing to do as Corran Horn found out when his went fizzle pop! :D

If I remember correctly, the Jedi makes the crystal using a force ritual which can take weeks or maybe months, however during the genocide of the Jedi at the end of the clone wars they learnt a way of making them in a couple of days, although they were inferiour in quality (hence Corran's slight mishap)

I thought the crystals were naturally occurring (apart from those in Sith sabers, which are synthetic), but that the lightsaber was assembled with the Force, allowing the components to bond at the molecular level and allow increased performance?

Anyhoo, haven't got the expensive (£90-100) replicas, but I do have some of the £20 light up ones (Qui-Gon's, Darth Maul's and Darth Tyranus') and my favorite: the £8 Qui-Gon model that doesn't light up or do the sound effects, but the blade retracts fully into the handle and can be locked in. Plus, there's a belt loop. These are the best toy sabers, bar none.

:zorro:

I would have a Black/Red combination Darth Maul Saber-style. But I would always choose a Energy Sword from Halo 2 over Lightsaber, i'm more of a Halo geek than a star wars geek. Also the Master Replica Shock Clone Trooper Website Exclusive helmet looks sweet.

at the risk of looking like a rediculous nerd, check out what I made:

post-2777-1115756929_thumb.jpg

I made up an elaborate back story that takes place 200 years before the fall of the Old Republic and includes a duplicate saber. The fabric on the hilt is made from the weavings of a Jedi Master who was struck down by a Sith Lord, his two padawans used his robe to make the rope/clothe on the hilt. One padawan mourned the death through remorse and sorrow and the other was hatefilled and sought revenge and would soon find himself fighting the other padawan. One lightsaber eminates evil and the other eminates virtue.

yeah... nerd

Archived