what would i need to do to this to make it fire semi only ?

i would like to make a semi auto DMR, but my site will only allow a gun that fires semi auto over 350fps(must not be able to fire auto in anyway)

You can thank shinnk for point this out one out me, I realize its for the WE but the fire controls are the same basically:

http://www.weairsoft.com/video_view.php?video_id=9

I'm going to try and do it to mine tonight.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't legally buy 134a in the US anymore. So Duster gas is essentially the same thing, depending on the brand it might be a tad bit lower power. I stick with RadioShacks stuff because it was the best in all the tests i did a long time ago.

I'm debating just getting the replacement bolt set instead of the complete carrier too.

Not to be off topic but.... WAIT! Duster gas is essentially Radio Shack compressed air to clean your computers with??? I can use that instead of Propane for this gun? Do explain for me plz.... I was not around for your tests.

Not to be off topic but.... WAIT! Duster gas is essentially Radio Shack compressed air to clean your computers with??? I can use that instead of Propane for this gun? Do explain for me plz.... I was not around for your tests.

Ya Radio shack Duster is the closest formula to actual 134a. It really just lacks the lube they put in the true 134a. Just remember huge huge huge power difference though.

Ya Radio shack Duster is the closest formula to actual 134a. It really just lacks the lube they put in the true 134a. Just remember huge huge huge power difference though.

Sweet, thank you for the information. I just saw how someone would make an adapter for the can. Simple to make, I'll have to share it over here I guess... involves cutting and glue... lol

Duster-adapterhow-to.jpg

and then...

Duster-adapterhow-to2.jpg

Forgive me for being off topic, and taking these pictures from someones photobucket. I just really think people should know how.

Edited by stickyittoyou
Sweet, thank you for the information. I just saw how someone would make an adapter for the can. Simple to make, I'll have to share it over here I guess... involves cutting and glue... lol

Duster-adapterhow-to.jpg

and then...

Duster-adapterhow-to2.jpg

Forgive me for being off topic, and taking these pictures from someones photobucket. I just really think people should know how.

http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/misc.htm

The duster gas adapter.

I got to fire one of these today.

1) HOLY *suitcase* IT'S SOLID. SO VERY VERY SOLID.

2) The controls all work and are smooth - I don't know if the forward assist is supposed to function on the WA, but I can't tell what it does on the AGM - If the bolt is forward, the forward assist does nothing.

3) The mags leak on green gas. They didn't leak (Or I couldn't hear it leaking) on 134a.

4) HOLY *suitcase* IT'S SOLID.

5) Outrageously fun. Recoil is good too.

Thanks for the report, good to hear it works. Do you have experience with the stock WAM4 or the G&P WOC, or was this the first time shooting a GBBR? I'm not sure if "solid" and "recoil is good" is relative to AEGs or to, say, a WAM4.

The forward assist does do something: it pushes the carrier forward a little if it didn't seat all the way up. IDK about AGM.

Too bad about the mag. Wonder if replacing seals will fix it.

Well it's great to hear good things about this, particularly about the mags.

Edited by slu
Thanks for the report, good to hear it works. Do you have experience with the stock WAM4 or the G&P WOC, or was this the first time shooting a GBBR? I'm not sure if "solid" and "recoil is good" is relative to AEGs or to, say, a WAM4.

The forward assist does do something: it pushes the carrier forward a little if it didn't seat all the way up. IDK about AGM.

For me, solid meant no receiver wobbles. I was lucky to have a G&P WOC (Gen 1??) to compare at the shop and that had wobbles in the receiver. They didn't have a stock WA in the shop, so I couldn't compare against that.

As for recoil, I tried the WA some time back with HFC so can't really compare. I also did test the G&P WOC Gen 1 a few months back and comparing it to my AGM, I "feel" the AGM to have stronger recoil. Unfortunately yesterday when I had the G&P next to me, I only looked and felt it but didn't test it. The rigidity & price alone of the AGM won me over the G&P - so I walked out of the shop with the AGM.

P.S. found a crack in my bolt face. Dunno if it was there before I bought it and I've only put probably 30-40 rounds through it (top gas). Anyhow, I've already got an NPAS so not a big deal. AGM potential buyers should just immediately get a spare bolt face and metal hopup chamber as per recommendation by poison123

Edited by AnakChan

holy sh*t the gas guns info forum is a steaming ****pile

everyone seems to think a GBB rifle makes you better...but oh well

I'll get my answers on arnies! :)

The NPAS valve should fit the stock AGM bolt, right? I've seen posts saying yes, RAtech's website saying no

holy sh*t the gas guns info forum is a steaming ****pile

everyone seems to think a GBB rifle makes you better...but oh well

I'll get my answers on arnies! :)

The NPAS valve should fit the stock AGM bolt, right? I've seen posts saying yes, RAtech's website saying no

You shouldn't take a few people's comments as representative of the whole community. You can get good help there from good people, alot of whom also post at Arnies.

If RA-Tech says no, then I have no idea. I mean, if the AGM is a 100% WA clone, then the NPAS-enable nozzle should fit right onto the bolt carrier. You could ask RA-Tech why not?

Anak:

Thanks for the update. Stronger recoil than the WOC maybe attributable to a heavier buffer or just lighter weight of the GBB itself (hence, more perceived "motion").

AFAIK there is only 1 "Gen" of WOC, don't know for sure, but upper lower wobble (side to side) is certainly an issue with the G&P receiver sets. I luckily received one with practically no wobble. Is there an info on the materials used? Some type of aluminum alloy or steel for the receiver and barrel I hope?

The NPAS and hop up adds around $150 or so more to the asking price? That's certainly not bad, considering the NPAS is something you'd probably want to get regardless.

Edited by slu
You shouldn't take a few people's comments as representative of the whole community. You can get good help there from good people, alot of whom also post at Arnies.

yeah...ask a question and you get buried with spam

anyways, adding $150 to the price still isn't bad

its $200 delivered to my door, so $350 for an adjustable gas rifle is amazing

So if I were to get the AGM M4, it would be recommended that I replace the hop-up and bolt? The entire bolt? Or just get the NPAS? How long would it most likely go on, stock? Are all of these necassary? Sorry for my pestering, but I just want to be sure when making an expensive purchase like this

So if I were to get the AGM M4, it would be recommended that I replace the hop-up and bolt? The entire bolt? Or just get the NPAS? How long would it most likely go on, stock? Are all of these necassary? Sorry for my pestering, but I just want to be sure when making an expensive purchase like this

I believe it was the hop up and the nozzle/"bolt" (i.e., the front part of the bolt carrier group). You can check page 3 though, I think.

Edited by slu

I've shot a WA and a G&P before on green.

1) The G&P upper and lower recievers had a distinct amount of play in them. The WA's plastic body would flex if you REALLY tried to twist it. The AGM has NEITHER. I could beat someone about the head with it and it would be absolutely fine.

2) The recoil is better than the G&P, but not quite as strong as the WA - I suspect the AGM's heavier metal body absorbs more of the impulse than the WA's light plastic body.

3) The forward assist on the AGM might work then - I never experienced a jam so I was pressing it when the bolt was fully forward.

4) The WA mag also leaks on green gas when stock - though IIRC G&P do replacement seals that will sort it out.

I believe it was the hop up and the nozzle/"bolt" (i.e., the front part of the bolt carrier group). You can check page 3 though, I think.

I must've read page 3 a million times, and it's Greek and Latin to me.

Would all of these be necessary even if I only used duster?

So far I've got hop-up, bolt face, and nozzle?

Hi TinyData,

Where on RA-Tech did it say "No"? I can't seem to find it...at the shop I slipped in (WA version) but I didn't try

shooting with it. In the end I did buy the NPAS for Prime which is naturally too long (since I'm going to a Prime

receiver anyway).

P.S. [gloat] & I got my AGM for approx USD$103 :P...but that's through a friend who owns a shop and gave me a good deal[/gloat]

Edited by AnakChan