One of the big problems with most people reviewing the GBBs is they are frankly used to 1 boxmag / 1 kill philosophy that seems to be infecting Airsoft these days. I am not saying there are not times to fire 20-30 rounds to hit someone under cover or in a bush or at max effective range of your gun.

GBBs at this point are setup as replicas... not as toy 35rps BB Hoses...

The people who are lethal with their AEGs firing on semi, or with their bolt action guns, or the pistol freaks will be just as lethal with these new generation GBB rifles. We all know those players, the ones who have an uncanny ability to take you out with 2-3 shots from 100 feet at dusk while running, true marksmen.

People who wants to live the BB spray lifestyle will never be happy with these GBBs and really just shouldn't bother, unless of course you want to join the ranks of realism players and become a true marksmen with your Airsoft gun.

I am not posting this to be hostile to anyone but there are different mentalities on how to play the game. These guns fit very well into some styles of play, but not others. If you are playing on a field where everyone is rocking highcaps/boxmags and grinding out 5000 bbs per game you will probably be outgunned. If you are playing a midcap game, you will probably fit in perfectly and add a level of realism and cool-factor while you are at it.

Honestly there is no "right" way to play Airsoft. Different fields, different games, different styles to accommodate almost anyone. Just match your gun to your play-style and call it a day.

I do appreciate the clear reviews of the GBBs so-far and may likely get one for the midcap style games I play locally and for the big regional games as well where realism is a key element. So thanks guys and keep them coming!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you warrior. I can even keep mutiple people pinned by myself using semi auto. My team's field has banned hipcaps. I only use 60rd mags (because the STAR mags feed horribly through a Dboys body).

However we digress...

One of the big problems with most people reviewing the GBBs is they are frankly used to 1 boxmag / 1 kill philosophy that seems to be infecting Airsoft these days. I am not saying there are not times to fire 20-30 rounds to hit someone under cover or in a bush or at max effective range of your gun.

GBBs at this point are setup as replicas... not as toy 35rps BB Hoses...

The people who are lethal with their AEGs firing on semi, or with their bolt action guns, or the pistol freaks will be just as lethal with these new generation GBB rifles. We all know those players, the ones who have an uncanny ability to take you out with 2-3 shots from 100 feet at dusk while running, true marksmen.

People who wants to live the BB spray lifestyle will never be happy with these GBBs and really just shouldn't bother, unless of course you want to join the ranks of realism players and become a true marksmen with your Airsoft gun.

I am not posting this to be hostile to anyone but there are different mentalities on how to play the game. These guns fit very well into some styles of play, but not others. If you are playing on a field where everyone is rocking highcaps/boxmags and grinding out 5000 bbs per game you will probably be outgunned. If you are playing a midcap game, you will probably fit in perfectly and add a level of realism and cool-factor while you are at it.

Honestly there is no "right" way to play Airsoft. Different fields, different games, different styles to accommodate almost anyone. Just match your gun to your play-style and call it a day.

I do appreciate the clear reviews of the GBBs so-far and may likely get one for the midcap style games I play locally and for the big regional games as well where realism is a key element. So thanks guys and keep them coming!

Excellent. Well stated Warrior soul. I agree with you totally.

I have put in my order for a G&P WOC M4A1 and by buddy just placed his order for one of these AGM M4's. I will be doing a side-by-side review when both arrive (In about 10 days). Hopefully that will help shed some light on if it's a true 100% clone and everything drops into each other.

mags first contact with floor:

post-7665-1244318996_thumb.jpg

You can imagine that mag catch wont work now :<

Also my hopup is busted, wont let bbs through or wont affect at all.

Sending this to local gbb guru for fixing and tuning.

But nice kick afterall, not good as in my rs VZ 58 but still.

More pictures @ http://pmakiku.pic.fi/kuvat/Airsoft/misc/AGM_M4_GBB/

If it were a stock WA - new bolt stop immediately. However I believe AGM have fixed this with their own design... would still go with one of the known replacements though. After that, a new metal hop up housing as the plastic ones seem to crack with double feeds. Then you're pretty much set, disregarding the mag of course. Over time you'll have more wear on various parts and you can replace them if needed but there aren't any more critical upgrades.

Personally I have no experience with the AGM mag and I don't plan on any once my rifle gets here. I gave up on my stock WA mags a long time ago, and I don't expect these to fair any better. I'm not entirely judgemental of clone mags though. The Bomber mags surprised me and who knows, maybe the AGM will too.

What metal hop-up chamber would you reccomend, since I'm under the impression it won't take AEG chamber?

Also, I'm curious as to how well this rifle takes external parts made for the WA/G&P like outer barrels and such. I'm thinking of if I get one, I might SPR MOD0 it up, if it is reliable enough.

What metal hop-up chamber would you reccomend, since I'm under the impression it won't take AEG chamber?

Also, I'm curious as to how well this rifle takes external parts made for the WA/G&P like outer barrels and such. I'm thinking of if I get one, I might SPR MOD0 it up, if it is reliable enough.

Prime makes a hopup that takes AEG inner barrels.

WA and WA based (e.g. Dytac) outer barrel works fine. I've not tried G&P although I don't see why not. FYI, WA/WA-based outer barrel has a thicker base than G&P and therefore requires a WA/WA-based barrel nut. Madbull Noveske 10" Free Float barrel nut has problems screwing into the Prime and AGM upper. Requires rethreading (yes, aware it's for AEG, not made for WA/G&P).

Although you didn't ask about internals, thought I'd throw this in anyway, the AGM bolt catch assembly requires a little bit of filing to fit into a Prime lower receiver. Otherwise it's too tight and comes up too high that the bolt won't recycle. Aside from that, all else (AGM parts, and RA-Tech upgrades) seem to fit into a Prime receiver.

Definitely will not fit an AEG chamber. I'd recommend any metal hop up chamber, beyond that it's merely based on your budget and what you want to do with it. For instance the PGC, G&P and RA Tech housings are all exceptional upgrades of the standard WA hop up unit (rotating dial adjustment method.) Personally I've found this mechanism to be a little too lose for my liking, although it is fairly convenient to access depending on your rail set up. For my rifle I chose to use the Prime gen II hop up unit which uses an allen wrench to adjust the setting - the hole is just bellow the barrel on the inside of the reciever - So it's a pain to adjust but rock solid once it's set. The Prime is also available for use with AEG innerbarrels if you want to go that route. The reason I suggest you get a new chamber is the same as the previous one: Often when you double feed, be it accidental or mechanical, the extra bb has to go somewhere. In the past most people with stock parts have experienced either a crushed plastic loading nozzel as the bolt slams forward or a split plastic hop up chamber when the seccond round was forced through. Metal parts aren't always the answer but sometimes it helps ;)

External parts.. You mean a metal body kit? Apparently we can never know until someone tries it, but seeing how some people have already fitted G&P MBK's and accesories I say it's safe to assume. Other than that, most all parts are mil spec and take RS parts. Just be advised the WA top rail is low, I'd imagine this one is as well.

Edited by Kalmar

Thanks Chan. Jeez, that Hop-up is expensive,but i guess it's worth it. If I do SPR it, I'd probably use a G&P barrel, but then comes the problem of where to find the PRI style FF tube. Unless Dboys/CA ones would fit, which I kinda doubt.

The info was helpful, but I won't be taking the project further i.e replacing the reciver, so I shouldn't have to worry about that.

Here's my preliminary review. Enjoy and please comment.

AGM M4A1 GBB

By: Tinydata

Gas Blow Back Goodness- for under $200! :o

Note: When reading this review, please bear in mind the unbeatable price. It might not be on par with G&P, but for $200 shipped can you argue?

100_2456-1.jpg

Real Steel History

Do I really have to do this? Everyone knows what a M4 is…

The Colt M4 was procured in the 1990s to replace old M3 SMGs and some M16 rifles and M9 pistols. Using the same gas system as the M16A2, it was really just a shortened rifle. (some would say it was a more modern XM177) Later flat top editions and the addition of full automatic made the gun even more versatile. The M4A1 can mount just about anything, including grenade launchers, scopes, rail systems, grips, lasers, lights, etc.

Today, the M16 and M4 are the standard weapons of the U.S. armed forces.

The Airsoft Version and Me

So…the story goes back to when I first saw the WA M4A1 CQBR. $600 for a rifle and $100 per mag? No thanks…The WE and G&P releases were encouraging, but still pricey and not without issues. Recently, when I saw the AGM, I jumped on it and ordered from EhobbyAsia. (www.ehobbyasia.com) I got it for $123 plus shipping. (total w/ shipping it came out to ~$200) Shipping was costly though fast, taking three days to get from Hong Kong to my doorstep. Here’s how I got it when I got it from USPS:

100_2431.jpg

Well packed, it came under a plastic wrap followed by bubble wrap. The box was in perfect condition. Good service!

Unboxing!

100_2432.jpg

It comes with the standard chinagun arrangement-

-gun

-cleaning rod

-speedloader+loading tool

-crappy sling

-instruction manual (which is a WA copy- its even in Japanese!)

Everything was well cushioned in foam. Good job AGM!

Packaging:

10/10

First Impressions

The AGM offering already beats the ###### out of Western Arm’s. It comes stock with a metal body, saving me $150. The metal body is finished nicely, even better than the WE one I held some time ago. Not quite G&P, but better than other clone manufacturers. The gun is rock solid. The weight is absolutely incredible. The magazine is literally a chunk of metal that would dent the ground if dropped. (it is probably nearly a pound) The plastic furniture is on par with the nylon fiber on my SRC HK416. Not cheap and plasticky at all. AGM has certainly come a long way since their start.

Initial Score:

9/10

Edited by tinydata

Externals

This GBB M4 replicates a M4 perfectly. Everything that should be metal is metal. This includes the body, bolt catch, trigger, barrel, etc. Plastic furniture is well made and extremely sturdy. I have no complaints whatsoever. The six position stock is not too loose or tight, but rather perfectly mounted. The sights are the standard M4 affair- one for close range and one for long range. Windage and elevation can be adjusted via knobs. The forward assist actually works, unlike those on most AEGs. It can be used to clear jams just like the real steel.

100_2454.jpg

Close Range

100_2455-1.jpg

Long Range

The magazine weighs more than some pistols! It is a solid chunk of metal. The fill valve is on the back and the strike valve is where it would be on a pistol. Very, very nice…

100_2461.jpg

100_2458.jpg

100_2435.jpg

100_2441.jpg

100_2442.jpg

100_2440.jpg

100_2443.jpg

All in all, this is one of the best built rifles I’ve ever bought. No doubt about it.

External Score:

9/10

Internals

Forgive me if I’m not to specific, but this is my first gas blow back rifle.

To get to the internals, you have to disassemble the M4. If you know how to take down a real M4, then you know how to take apart the AGM. First, punch out the body pin and pull up the upper receiver.

100_2444.jpg

The pull the bolt and charging handle out:

100_2445.jpg

And put them aside.

100_2447.jpg

The bolt carrier is metal and feels very nice. The bolt face, while it is plastic, does look sturdy.

100_2451.jpg

Finally, you can take out the buffer spring, which actually is used in this gun.

100_2452.jpg

Everything looks to be of high quality. Not shabby at all. Again, AGM has done a great job.

Internals:

9/10 (so far)

Operation

Now this is what you all have been waiting for. To load magazine, simply put green gas or duster in through the fill valve. Same as any gas blow back pistol. Then, take the special tool AGM supplies, clip it onto a speedloader, and load fifty BBs. Now its ready to go. Insert the magazine into the magwell and push. It’s a very tight fit. After that, you can rack the charging handle and let go, which produces a rather intimidating clack as it strikes home. Then you can fire. I was astounded by the sheer noise and recoil of this toy. It was very crisp even without any cleaning. At this time, I was using duster. Switching to green gas made it only louder and recoil heavier. Very impressive! The range with duster and .2s was about 110 feet, while it was a bit farther (maybe 30, 40 feet more?) with green. Please remember this was without getting the hop-up zeroed and the barrel cleaned. The barrel was absolutely filthy when I cleaned it out. The first thing you need to do with the AGM M4 is clean out the barrel and lubricate the bolt. I think the velocity on duster should be under CQB limits. (330 fps) I’ll chrono it this weekend and get definitive results.

I don’t have a skirmish report as I literally just got it. More to follow…

Shooting Score:

10/10 !!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Overall

This is definitely a SOLID BUY! For $200 shipped, it is still a fraction of the WA’s price. The magazines are high quality and very well built. I have no complaints whatsoever. This is an amazing gun, especially at the low price. I’d recommend it to anybody looking to get a realistic replica and move away from AEGs.

Overall:

9.5/10

100_2457.jpg

i think EBB took those mags off as they are ######, would rather buy the pro win or GHK mags same price roughly too

my mag is fine...the usual pre-break in minuscule leak, but otherwise amazing

everything is pristine right now, but I'm playing it safe and running the M4 on duster

Edited by tinydata