• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to be honest the whole idea of a big slab-sided pot metal gas reservoir always gives me the willies (never mind one that significantly swells up) so...

Well, for added amusement you could always try stuffing a bunch of them into a kit vest about your person and running around in the sun with them.

Perhaps plate carriers will finally find some purpose in airsoft?

The anti rotation links stop the trigger and hammer pins rotating or sliding.

Must say, mine don't really like staying in place properly so I might go for some.

Just a little clarification, they are most commonly seen together with match and adjustable triggers so the pins can't rotate and affect the trigger pull. And they're a good way to prevent the pins from getting lost, which might be the only usage for the airsoft versions currently.

to be honest the whole idea of a big slab-sided pot metal gas reservoir always gives me the willies (never mind one that significantly swells up) so I think I'll see how much of a tweak I can do to GHK mags and settle on those if at all poss

So your having problems with the AGM mags or GHK? Kind of got confused by your post. My GHK mags work flawlessly.

So your having problems with the AGM mags or GHK? Kind of got confused by your post. My GHK mags work flawlessly.

He's saying that his AGM mags get fatter and expand when he uses green gas with them. That sounds super bad since the AGM magwell has tabs that make it more narrow..... Again that's bad....

-Luis

nopes guns not here yet, I just dont like idea of cast metal mags of this sort of size - its not a design I'd have confidence in for a pressure bearing container.

Based on their AK mags I'm not going to get my hopes up on the GHKs working flawlessly (if they do thats a bonus), but even if they have issues I'd be more willing to tweak them than stick gas into any of the cast ones :)

I bought the last three during their last sale in store :P

*bramston pickle*! :P

Well, looks like I spoke to soon. Just a few minutes ago think my O-rings blew out. I am terrible with part names, but now when I fill it up gas will leak from the nozzle (?) fairly rapidly. Well, hopefully Evike restocks on my GHK mags soon lol.

Edited by Badly Browned

I also do NOT have any issues with the second gen mag from AGM that came with the RIS version.

Neither leaking nor swelling problems. The mag sits indeed very tight inside the mag well and seems not to fall out by itself when released, but that actuallly only adds to the overall sturdy and rigid feeling of the AGM. But given the inconsistent assembly quality of the AGMs, it's no surprise there could be some bad apples.

Maybe there's something really wrong but it's likely that the mag valve just needs to pop back out to seal again.

press down the tab on the top of the mag and then use a screwdriver to poke at the valve.

Does it spring in and out?

It should.

Mine does this sometimes too.

I just make sure I'm holding the tab down then just give the mag a couple of quick blasts of gas and it'll quickly reseat itself and allow me to fill it properly.

I believe the valve does spring in and out... can't test it now as I'm at work.

What does holding down that tab actually do? When i look at it it doesn't seem to do any function with the valve..

kinda strange, I received a 3pack of mags from ebb and my ris version some days later. the mags from the 3pack leak much less than the mag from the rifle. all seem to swell up, but are still insertable with some force at propane. still wondering how it will look like at hot temperatures though :D

Edited by Haba

yea.. but those are the o-rings for the mags themselves.. I think the problem is at the valve. When filling the mag, the gas just runs through...

Not sure though...

oh well, going to be fun to find the correct o-rings ..

Edited by morb
What does holding down that tab actually do? When i look at it it doesn't seem to do any function with the valve..

At the risk of telling you how to suck eggs, a normal GBB works in a simple way. The hammer hits the firing pin and then bounces back slightly which causes the firing pin to be pushed into into the gas valve momentarily and this releases a short blast of gas which cycles the slide or bolt carrier.

The WA Magna system is a bit smarter than this.

The first part works the same, the hammer strikes the firing pin and then bounces back which pushes the firing pin forward so it can depress the gas valve.

This is where things are slightly different.

The gas valve is HELD open by that lever built into the mag.

The slide (or in the case of the M4, the bolt carrier) moves back about 1".

The shape of the slide (or bolt carrier) is designed to depress that tab after roughly 1" so that the lever unlocks the gas valve again, which shuts off the flow of gas.

Basically, this means you get a measured amount of gas with each shot.

Anyway, when the mag is emptied the slide can't complete the cycle so the lever keeps holding the gas valve open. WA's are famous for this. EVERYBODY fills their first WA mag while the valve's open and sees the gas spray out the top. :P

When you press the tab on the top of the mag you're manually resetting this lever shich should release the valve so it seals and you can fill it.

As I said, even though I do this I find that the mag on my AGM gun doesn't seal at first.

I can only assume that a seal somewhere is only just on the edge of the seating surface and, when the mag is empty, the spring in the valve isn't strong enough to seat it properly.

I've found that a couple of strong, quick, blasts of gas will force the mag to seal and allow me to refill it.

Of course, it's possible that you have a split or damaged seal in your mag and it'll never work again until it's replaced. :unsure:

Just checked rsov, and I get $72 shipping for 3 magazines......

In other news, I can say that AGM magazine o-rings look fine, so it looks like it is my valve that is leaking gas, but I don't have a proper tool to remove it :(

I can get you 3 mags including shipping for US$113. :D