• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cost.. $45 total.

fit.. perfect.

detail.. not perfect by any stretch, but good enough for me.

location.. local laser engraving shop.

the KAC logos on the lower go on tomorrow. its been a headache.

Edited by stew_b_10

The Magpul MOE front will not fit the stock handguard cap behind the front sight, unless you file away either some of the handguard or the cap. I used a stock Marui M4 endcap, and even that was a ridiculously tight fit. I had to hammer the endcap down onto the handguards, then muscle the front sight in on top of it to get the pin holes to line up right on the sight.

Do we have a list of confirmed frontends that actually fit this gun?

MOE front from Magpul fits right?

DD MK18 rails are no go?

If you use the original AGM barrel nut by disassembling the delta ring, you can use any of the King Arms Troy style RAS. There will be a little gap but from what I've read you can fix that by using a G&P barrel or leave it alone as I did on my rifle, seen below...

Edit** My gun isn't bent, its just my crappy camera skills

DSC01622.jpg

Edited by Roecar
Do we have a list of confirmed frontends that actually fit this gun?

One thing that I've noticed...

Basically, if you try to use an AEG barrel nut on the AGM M4 the first thing you'll realise is that the hole through the middle is too small. That's no biggie. 5 minutes with a dremel will sort it.

The next problem is that (once the hole has been enlarged) an AEG barrel nut will only screw on by a single thread. Not good.

However...

If you buy the steel barrel EBB are selling you'll find that it has a thinner collar where the barrel clamps to the receiver.

You'll still need to enlarge the hole through the middle of the barrel nut but, once you've done that you'll find that an AEG barrel nut WILL secure the barrel to the receiver properly.

So, in short, if you're planning on using any AEG front-set that includes a barrel nut (Like the SIR systems etc) it probably WILL go on but only if you also purchase the steel barrel from EBB.

Or have the collar on your AGM barrel machined down so it's thinner, of course.

I got a few more bits from ebaybanned today.

The aluminium speed buffer is actually a hard recoil buffer, it is very well made, the same length as the AGM factory fitted buffer and it has a loose weight inside it to increase recoil, it actually works quite nicely.

Hi am quite interested in the hard recoil buffer, does it make much difference, should we be worried about it damaging or causing serious wear to the bolt carrier?

I got a few more bits from ebaybanned today.

The aluminium speed buffer is actually a hard recoil buffer, it is very well made, the same length as the AGM factory fitted buffer and it has a loose weight inside it to increase recoil, it actually works quite nicely.

Hi am quite interested in the hard recoil buffer, does it make much difference, should we be worried about it damaging or causing serious wear to the bolt carrier?

You mean this one? I found the stronger spring & buffer combo more effective for increasing recoil.

How much more felt recoil, compared to the standard plastic one, does this alu speed buffer give you?

Photo 1/1:

0ea1b065.jpg

@KWP,

Will adding more weight to increase recoil cause any damage or increased wear when you change the recoil buffer? My concern is whether the receivers can handle it.

I've got steel bolt carrier aluuminium nozzle block, heavy recoil spring a double weight buffer on mine with no signs of excss wear or tear as yet

only trouble is I cant be sitting at more than 800 rounds thru it yet - so to get a kinda definitive answer you could bank on then you're going to have to wait a while till sensible round counts have been reached by a fair number of folks

Dont want to wait that long then you're just going to have to take the same risks as rest of us and find out for yourself

@KWP,

Will adding more weight to increase recoil cause any damage or increased wear when you change the recoil buffer? My concern is whether the receivers can handle it.

Haven't been to a game with the GBB yet, but so far everything's fine.

I think you guys expect too much from a harder buffer. It's not thaaat much of a difference.

last pic before the ebaybanned silence :P. i got a good number of parts in today. lookin good.

fullKACtrades.jpg

ill take pics with a real camera and post the pic of the inspiration gun sometime soon. i hope :/

Dude, you got all that custom laser engraved? If so that's nice man. I'd look into something like that but I'm going to paint my gun.

-Luis

yep. all custom engraved. the body doesn't engrave well and was a headache to get right, so i wouldn't suggest it unless you have a really nice engraver.

the SR-16 m4 was 10 passes on 100% power (they usually do one pass on reduced power)

the VLTOR sword was 5 passes on 100%

And i think he used a more expensive method for the 'Stoner Rifle/KAC logo/Cal 5.56/serial #', but i didn't talk to the guy that did it. he didnt charge me for it if he did.

its a headache, but i think it turned out well. worth $45 for sure.

edit: btw, i wanted to go for a happy medium between RS trades and flashy airsoft trades.. so i think i succeeded. im pleased.

Edited by stew_b_10

This might have been discussed before but here we go...

So at about maybe 1500rds or so with green gas, the stock AGM bolt cracked in two separate places. One in the cylinder that goes inside of the bolt and the back part of the bolt that holds the cylinder in place. To replace it I wanted to try the 2Roy bolt with a mixture of AGM springs and pins with a WA cylinder.

Now the gun would cycle with the new parts but gas was escaping everywhere and I couldn't figure out why. I triple checked how I reassembled the new 2Roy bolt and everything is where it was supposed to be. During the test fires and tweaks to see if I could get my AGM to shoot right, the 2Roy bolt cracked in the same exact place as my AGM bolt. One, I'm convinced that any plastic part in a Green gas gun will break in no time and two, steel/aluminum BCG parts are better.

Pictures of both my AGM bolt and "new" 2Roy bolt... I admit this is extremely frustrating but I definitely am learning a ton about M4 GBBRs...

DSC01623.jpg

DSC01624.jpg

DSC01625.jpg

DSC01626.jpg

DSC01627.jpg

I might be doing something wrong but I'm the only one in my area who is trying to use a GBBR.

Hey, quick question. I wanna convert my AGM M4 to a CQB/R style. I'm going to grab the G&P 10.5" outer barrel. Since my plastic hopup is broken <_< , I was also looking at the G&P hopup and barrel assembly, but the 300mm inner is gonna be too long, isn't it? I can't seem to find a CQB/R length inner barrel... What about a PGC Hop-up and a "?" length AEG barrel? I don't want to see any inner barrel showing in the flashider :D

Hey, quick question. I wanna convert my AGM M4 to a CQB/R style. I'm going to grab the G&P 10.5" outer barrel. Since my plastic hopup is broken <_< , I was also looking at the G&P hopup and barrel assembly, but the 300mm inner is gonna be too long, isn't it? I can't seem to find a CQB/R length inner barrel... What about a PGC Hop-up and a "?" length AEG barrel? I don't want to see any inner barrel showing in the flashider :D

You could do all that.

Alternatively you could just chop a couple of inches off the end of the barrel with a hacksaw.

Long as your careful and de-burr the end it's no big deal.

Top tip: If I ever chop a barrel I stick it in a leccy drill afterwards and (with the drill running) I file the front face of the barrel to make sure it's nice and square. After that I use a knife to de-burr the inner edge of the barrel.

*EDIT*

Just noticed THESE. :huh:

Hey Roecar,

My bolt/loading nozzle also cracked in the same spot as yours after about 2000-2500 rounds on propane. I saw it coming since the beginning. When I first got the gun, there were crack marks already showing.

I was about to get the 2roy bolt too since they advertised it as reinforced but your post got me thinking twice. I now have to get a good bolt and a good bolt carrier.

I'm thinking about getting a real steel bolt carrier and modifying it to house the bolt/ It might be a huge hassle....

It got me thinking though, a premium airsoft bolt carrier made out of CNC'ed steel is at least $175. You can get a real bolt carrier online for about $50. It's made to whistand way more than what an airsoft gun will throw at it.

This idea is skimpy and I don't really know if I'll attempt it. Maybe, maybe not....

-Luis

hi, help me please with my problem. with agm bolt everythink works, but whan i put in the NPAS, BBs only roll out of the barrle vhan i shoot or the distance of bb is max. 1 meter. I compared agm bolt and NPAS and NPAS is lil bit longer, do i need to cut it to the same lenght? Thanx