• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fully cocked the bolt carrier really only goes 6 to 8mm further than rear of the bolt catch (on mine I make it 7.5mm) so it wouldnt take a great deal of short stroking for it to fail to go back far enough - e.g. if mine blew back just 8mm less than full stroke it would never let the catch trip

That might not neccessarily show up in chrono results either , but if there was a discrepancy that could explain it.

Yeah.

I think I'll have to upgrade the bolt catch eventually if it really bothers me.

Still have to test a fully loaded mag and see if if the bolt catches with one or no BBs.

In the mean time, I'll have to get around to sanding the bolt catch area smooth and relube it with appropriate grease perhaps.

-T.S.

Also, what gen. GHK mags do you have snorkelman? Or if you're not too sure, what color valve locker and gas reservoir end caps do you have (if thats definitive of batch generations anyway)?

Edited by T0p Sp!N
I've got one of the cheap 12 dollar cnc'd copies of the RA-tech unit on order but it hasnt arrived yet, Stealth might be able to tell you if the areas above are the same ones that would need worked over to get the AGM actuating arm to work with it - if it is then we can safely assume that both the RA-T and the 12 dollar copies are same spec.

Noooo....

Quite the opposite.

I can see I'm gonna have to take some pictures of this.

On mine the pivot point for the hop-arm is a tiny bit too high up.

The result of this is that the spring can never push the arm far enough down because the opposite end of the arm is restricted by the adjuster.

If you were going to modify anything it'd be to file something off the top of the adjuster end of the arm.

That'd allow the other end to pivot further down and actually apply a bit of hop to the BBs.

As it is I suspect the best solution would be to heat up the arm and then bend it slightly in the middle but that's a bit extreme IMO.

I've put the EBB hop-up housing in my wardrobe along with my Betamax video recorder, My BSB receiver and my minidisk player.

When the OEM hop-up snuffs it I'll buy one that allows me to use AEG barrels.

The stock tube nut on mine is coming loose.

Any tricks on how to tighten it up without a proper wrench?

well if you've ever owned a bicycle see if you've got an old C spanner or two knocking around. If you find one but it isnt a great fit just pad the area around the ring to protect it if the c-spanner slips.

one in photo below is pinched from my lathe tools, but you should get similar cheaper versions of C spanners for use with stock tube nuts etc on pedal bikes etc?

DSC_1086-1.jpg

Also, what gen. GHK mags do you have snorkelman? Or if you're not too sure, what color valve locker and gas reservoir end caps do you have (if thats definitive of batch generations anyway)?

forgot to say valve locker is black and the end caps on the gas tubes are a dark grey colour (not sure if theres much difference I think the BB feed was opened up a little on ones made after initial batch and that was about it?)

EAC 40rd GAS Magazine for WA M4 Series GBB $29.99

Looking at a upscaled photo of these and comparing them with the AGM MkII that I have here, they are a 100% match, down to the very last pin.

For the Record the AGM MkII mags are rubbish

How rare... I have three of them, and all of mine are fine. Lasted an entire day of skirmishing and are still holding gas fine... two days later. That's the same gas that was in them at the skirmish, mind ;)

If I could afford to do so, I'd buy a few more, though those EAC mags are looking rather interesting... Worth a poke, at least, eh? Especially seeing as the reduced weight will cut teh shipping costs.

guys how do you take apart the valve ? ( the one in the mag mine is leaking and i cant seam to take it apart ?

Edit*

No worries found out :)

The o ring around the black thing was broken

Where would i get a replacement from ?

Edited by Crimson

Hey, if they ACTUALLY weigh that much, I'll probably get some. The gen 2 AGM mags are fine for me, but weigh the same as the original one. So, a lot. Just four of them weighs me down one hell of a lot, and I'd like to run with six mags or so, if possible.

Ive guted everything out of the lower with no problems (either individually or in combination) with exception of selector and hammer lock

tried Inokatsu lock and selector and couldnt get consistent full auto hammer lock - wether using both the ino parts together or just one of them along with the corresponding AGM part. Only using the original two AGM parts together did it function as it should

Have got one of the cheap Vtech ambi selectors and a G&P hammer lock on order (gives me three hammer locks to play with) but they havent arrived yet

Just took delivery today of the AGM M4 Stubby (063).

I ordered it from RSOV and also ordered 2 extra mags (the lightweight versions at $29.99 each).

I asked when I ordered if they could check the mags for leaks.

They must have done this because all mags were perfect. I have run them all 3 times and so far no probs.

The Stubby is great too. The rail depth don't match up, but a small price to pay.

Just thought you might wanna know. :)