• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@stealth yep little circular rubber buffer in there

buffer.jpg

plugs into a hole insde the upper that sits it in line with front face of the charging handle.

@sacairsoftsn00py should point out Im not talking paint scratches from racking the bolt carrier with the handle, Im talking about strong impact force wear thats peened the profile of the hollow RA-tech steel gas key into the inside face of the charging handle - you can see a distinctive circular area in the centre of the inside of the charging handle face thats remained unstruck while the metal around it has been compacted.

On mine when it comes to the bolt and the barrel extension/hop unit, the bolt doesnt ground out against the barrel extension or the hop up when its sat inside the bolt carrier - it stands just over a mil proud of where it can reach down to when its dropped into the upper on its own

if it was the part that was bottoming out against the hop or extension and dictating where all the parts sat in relation to it, then it would be capable of reaching same depth regardless of wether it was in the BC or not, so if it fails to reach that depth once in the BC then by definition its no longer bottoming out against those parts.

same then goes for the BC, is it traveling as far forwards as it possibly can and being stopped from going any further by the breech?

Inserted on its own yes, inserted along with the charging handle no - the presence of the handle prevents the BC traveling the last 0.7mm forwards it otherwise could if the handle wasnt there, so its no longer the breech thats stopping its forward travel, the handle has now stopped it before it got there.

Now mine could be way off spec and not doing what it should - e.g. the BCG really should be sitting 0.7mm further forward hard against the breech and unimpeded from doing so by the charging handle, and the bolt should be able to carry on a further 1mm or so forward into the hop and barrel extension, and not be held back from doing so by the bolt carrier like it is just now

trouble is when the mag port to nozzle port alignment is measured its offset by just 0.2mm from a perfect match i.e the bolt carrier group dropped into the receiver along with the charging handle it only sits 0.2mm further back than what would be neccessary for the mag and nozzle ports to both line up perfectly..

Edited by snorkelman
Is it possible to use Knight armaments MRE ris with AGM m4?

The MRE is actually a freefloat RAS. I'm not sure if the AGM has real steel barrel nut threads. If someone here has installed a real steel barrel nut/delta ring without a problem, then yeah the KAC MRE FF RAS will fit. If you're talking about and AEG version of the MRE then yeah that too will fit.

@Stealth and Snorkel:

Thanks for debating on my mistake while I was sleeping.... :P

I forgot that the bolt face never fully touches the inside of the moulded in barrel extension.......

The BCG stops when the gas key hits the charging handle and the handle is pushed against the rubber circular buffer so it should be too much of a problem since the rubber buffer will disperse and take the energy from the BCG fairly well.

What I do know though is that the front of the charging handle will crack off eventually with the RA-Tech steel BCG. I'll just replace the handle when it breaks. Nothing will happen to the upper since it's pretty beefy at the front as it is.

@Snoopy:

I was originally going to try to come up with the cheapest most reliable solution too but I finally decided to just make the gun bombproof.

I think the easiest way to make the gun skirmishable and reliable for cheap would be these upgrades in the order of importance:

1) Ra-Tech Steel bolt stop $15

2) Complete Airsoft Surgeon BCG off redwolf $77

3) RA-Tech NPAS(part #2) $60

4) PCG Hop-up unit that takes AEG barrels or the Prime HU $45 or $60

That's all it takes for this gun to be reliable and skirmishable. That's about $197 w/o shipping costs.

This will allow your gun to use green gas reliable and the PGC hop-up will stop the BBs rolling out the barrel. The RA-Tech NPAS is aluminum so it won't break due to green gas usage and the airsoft surgeon loading nozzle is already strong enough on its own. The bolt carrier and the bolt stop will do fine too.

This is what I would personally go with if I was trying to go cheap and skirmishable.

All I have in my gun that's good right now is a full set of steel Inokatsu lower receiver components. The RA-Tech complete BCG should then make the internals beastly.

-Luis

@Snoopy:

I was originally going to try to come up with the cheapest most reliable solution too but I finally decided to just make the gun bombproof.

I think the easiest way to make the gun skirmishable and reliable for cheap would be these upgrades in the order of importance:

That's all it takes for this gun to be reliable and skirmishable. That's about $197 w/o shipping costs.

This will allow your gun to use green gas reliable and the PGC hop-up will stop the BBs rolling out the barrel. The RA-Tech NPAS is aluminum so it won't break due to green gas usage and the airsoft surgeon loading nozzle is already strong enough on its own. The bolt carrier and the bolt stop will do fine too.

This is what I would personally go with if I was trying to go cheap and skirmishable.

All I have in my gun that's good right now is a full set of steel Inokatsu lower receiver components. The RA-Tech complete BCG should then make the internals beastly.

-Luis

Luis-

I have the following parts installed in my AGM M4 right now:

Pro-Arms Hi-Power Loading Nozzle

Pro-Arms Adjustable Hop Unit

*Guarder Hard Type Hop Bucking

*KM 6.04mm TN barrel for M4 (365mm)

Airsoft Surgeon Light Weight Bolt Carrier

G&P Anti-Rotation Links

G&P Steel Bolt Catch

RA-Tech Winter Recoil Spring

The Pro-Arms Adjustable Hop Unit performs well. I effectively raise/lower the amount of hop for .25g BBs.

The Pro-Arms High Power Loading Nozzle is about 1-2mm longer than the stock AGM Loading Nozzle. Using the stock AGM bolt carrier, I am able to shoot semi auto well. Firing on full auto is a different story however. The Pro-Arms Loading Nozzle sticks out 1-2mm more than the AGM loading nozzle when used in the AGM bolt carrier. I'm not sure why but on full auto, my first shot goes far...the next shots that follow drop at best half the distance the first bb travels.

I switched to a different bolt carrier. Today I received the Airsoft Surgeon Light Weight Bolt Carrier (with the VLTOR marking) and transplanted my Pro-Arms High-Power Loading Nozzle into it. The stud that goes through the back does not have excessive play side to side. In and out after the E-clip is installed, there's probably about .2mm's worth of play. I am not worried about it as I am confident the E clip will hold its place. If you're spastic about the fact that it moves front to back and that you're afraid that the e-clip will get loose, put some duct tape over it. That will be enough to hold the E-clip in place.

Initially, I thought the AS light weight bolt carrier was a straight drop in. I fired one shot and the gun shot fine. The next shot, I ended up with a locked bolt carrier and found my magazine emptying gas. I removed the magazine and inspected the bolt carrier group. Its stuck in the back of the buffer! I pulled the charging handle back and the BCG is still stuck in the back. I stuck my finger through the ejection port and pushed the bolt back. The bolt carrier group got loose and it moved forward to battery once again.

Back in the house, I pulled the charging handle back and forth to see where the bolt carier is catching. Since the finish on the Airsoft Surgeon is matte silver/ gray, it was easy to see the contact points where the bolt carrier ends up being caught on. I then went to the garage to find me some sand paper. Luckily, I found a 213 grit wet-dry sand paper to use. I sanded the back part of the bolt around the area where I found wear on. I eventually rounded the edged corners on the back part of the bolt carrier. I then fired about 100 rounds through the gun using green gas....no snags this time around!

I shot on semi auto and shots went the distance I expected it to go...past 180 feet with .25g BBs. I switched to full auto....this time around, the BBs following the first BB did not drop like they did when I had the Pro-Arms loading nozzle in the AGM bolt carrier. Success!!!

I think I am sticking with this setup for now. I will hold on to the Airsoft Surgeon / G&P complete bolt carrier group as a just in case part.

--------------

On a side note, my rifle is among one of those that suffer from the bolt catch not functioning properly. I have done readings on fixes for that issue with fixes that range from putting BBs in the BB chamber to stretching out springs.

From what I remember when I installed the G&P Steel Bolt Catch, there is a retainer pin for the bolt catch to keep from engaging automatically. The spring that pushes the pin towards the bolt catch was tiny and it pretty much was not effective. I then stretched the spring out and found that the pin was so long that it actually blocks the steel bolt catch from going back down after the bolt catch is engaged (up).

Solution, filing and sanding of the retainer pin. With a slightly stretched bolt catch retainer spring and a trimmed retainer pin, my G&P Steel Bolt Catch works without a hitch even with 134a / PC duster gas. The bolt catch does not engage when I tilt the gun so the bolt catch is upside down. Before, my bolt catch engages on the bolt carrier when it tilt the gun the same way and pull the bolt carrier back, Now, it does not do it because the retainer pin holds the bolt catch in place. On an empty magazine, the lever that engages the bolt catch pushes the bolt catch up to engage with the bolt carrier. I believe I have the right tension on the retainer pin because occasionally, when I slowly pull the bolt carrier back (with the use of the charging handle), the bolt catch would not trip completely. However, when I pull the bolt back faster, the bolt catch would trip and catch the bolt carrier back. Upon inspection, every time the bolt carrier locks back....the bolt catch engages the carrier 100%....that is, the bolt catch can not go up farther as it is up the highest it could possibly go.

IMO, this is the way to do it. My AGM magazines fit 57 rounds of Airsoft Elite .25g BBs...not 47 with the BB mod.

edit:

For those wondering, The G&P Steel Bolt Catch is a straight drop in part into the AGM's firing bock.

edit #2

I had my upper receiver popped up with my rifle up-side down. The bolt carrier is at the forward-most position with the bolt face in the built in barrel extension, and the nozzle in the hop up's inlet. I pulled the bolt carrier back and noticed that the nozzle remained stuck into the hop unit's inlet (where the BBs are chambered) until the bolt carrier was pulled back a good 1cm (or more). I repeatedly did this and found that the nozzle kept getting stuck into the hop. This is good because the hop bucking's lip is grabbing onto the metal loading nozzle of the Pro-Arms Hi-Power Bolt which means that I am getting good seal between the hop bucking and the nozzle.

Edited by sacairsoftsn00py
This probably means that the RA-Tech also is?

Does anyone have this part installed?

I do, it isn't but its not far off

Basically the RA-T one needs the channel in the AGM firing block opened up a few thou to make it a nice fit into it, but given that the RA-T one sells for 15 bucks it's worth the teeny bit of hassle

fold up some medium grit wet n dry paper intoa match stick sized stick, run it along the channels in the firing block where the bolt catch would sit, test fit the part and repeat till it sits in there freely - not more than a minute or two's work at most and you'ld be done

{...}

-Luis

True, that's about all the parts it needs to be skirmishable on green gas.

But you can get most parts for much less: (price tags are in HK$)

Photo 1/3:

6b1eef80.jpg

Photo 2/3:

133c6dbb.jpg

Photo 3/3:

ba9758f1.jpg

Edited by KWP

The first pic should be self-explaining as all items are labeled.

The second pic (wantong items in the front from left to right) shows: forward assist assembly, hopup set, hard mag rubber, hammer spring.

The third pic shows a close-up of the hopup set from the second pic.

To get the US$ prices multiply by 0.12904, for Euros by 0.09081 .

You can get all these items and more from www.px-airsoft.com

It's really cheap to upgrade all your AGM internals to steel and where useful with ball bearings.

Only parts left that cost a little more are the NPAS from RA-Tech and the G&P steel bolt.

Edited by KWP

I just put through another 200 rounds through my AGM M4...shoots like a dream :P

I'm just waiting for the RS charging handle for it after that, I'm set (unless the Pro Arms hop unit decides to ###### out on me). Even then, I still have the stock hop unit with a G&P Hop Bucking for WA M4 installed in it. :P

Should my AS Light Weight Bolt Carrier Group w/ the Pro Arms Loading Nozzle fail...I have a spare set of AS Metal BCG w/ the AS Loading Nozzle....if the AS loading nozzle in it break...I have an extra one :lol:

Yeah, those parts are super cheap KWP, thanks.

I bought this hop-up chamber last week along with some KAC rail covers.

It's a copy of the PGC Hop-up chamber.

http://www.px-airsoft.com/showroom/model/T...455219328060058

It should arrive this week and I'll post photos once I get it. However, I can't test performance since I don't have a loading nozzle that's good to go. I have to wait until the complete NPAS BCG gets back in stock.

-Luis

2 question:

1- i want to know if the magpul moe handguard fit in the AGM?? if not how to make it fit??

2- is there a loading nozzle (proarms, ratech, pgc, etc.) that fit in the stock bolt carrier or if i change the loading nozzle i must change the AGM bolt carrier to??

thank

I just received the Airsoft Surgeon Loading Nozzle and Airsoft Surgeon Metal Bolt Carrier Group with the Airsoft Surgeon Loading Nozzle.

The back part of the Airsoft Surgeon Loading Nozzle (holding the o-ring) is not compatible with the Pro-Arms Loading Nozzle. The back part is off center so I am forced to use the stock AGM part on my Pro-Arms Loading Nozzle. The day that part gets destroyed is the day I end up giving up my Pro-Arms Loading Nozzle.

The Airsoft Surgeon Metal Bolt Carrier Group is a straight drop in on the AGM M4 GBBR.

The Airsoft Surgeon Loading Nozzle is compatible with the Airsoft Surgeon Light Weight Bolt Carrier.

I have not tried installing the Pro-Arms Loading Nozzle with the AGM part #2 (the back part of the nozzle that holds the o-ring).

2 question:

1- i want to know if the magpul moe handguard fit in the AGM?? if not how to make it fit??

2- is there a loading nozzle (proarms, ratech, pgc, etc.) that fit in the stock bolt carrier or if i change the loading nozzle i must change the AGM bolt carrier to??

thank

The Pro-Arms Loading Nozzle is a tad longer in the back compared to the AGM Loading Nozzle. It will work fine on semi-auto. On full auto, your first shot goes far....the next shots end up going half the distance the first BB travels (at best). If you only shoot full auto, the Pro-Arms Loading Nozzle is advisable.

I can check and see if the Airsoft Surgeon Loading Nozzle (from Redwolf.com) will fit in the AGM bolt. I'm not going to shoot rounds through it though. Sorry. The most I can do is to let you know if the AS Loading Nozzle will fit the AGM bolt carrier. I can also measure the AS Loading Nozzle and find out how it compares to the AGM Loading in terms of length and fit.

That sucks about the Pro Arms loading nozzle. They cost so much too.

They were probably originally designed for the Inokatsu since their loading nozzle is longer too, or AGM screwed up on the dimensions.

Oh man, the AGM part #2...............

Here we go again....

Are you planning on using your AS complete BCG or are you just keeping it until the AGM part #2 breaks?

-Luis

That sucks about the Pro Arms loading nozzle. They cost so much too.

They were probably originally designed for the Inokatsu since their loading nozzle is longer too, or AGM screwed up on the dimensions.

Oh man, the AGM part #2...............

Here we go again....

Are you planning on using your AS complete BCG or are you just keeping it until the AGM part #2 breaks?

-Luis

I just put the stock AGM loading nozzle against the Airsoft Surgeon Loading Nozzle (from RedwolfAirsoft). The length of the two are identical.

The Airsoft Surgeon Loading Nozzle should work on the stock AGM Bolt Carrier. Semi-Auto and Full Auto Fire should work flawlessly (unlike the Pro Arms Loading Nozzle which only worked without a hitch on semi auto....full auto with the Pro Arms Loading Nozzle in an AGM Bolt Carrier is crappy- first shot goes far, the next shots only go half the distance).

Sorry if I seem like I repeat myself too much with regard to the Pro-Arms Loading Nozzle. I try to explain myself to those who do not bother browsing through the thread so I do not get any Private nessages from them.

With regard to the complete AS BCG, I am thinking about holding on to it. My other spare nozzle is the AS Loading Nozzle. I have not tested it on the AS Light Weight Bolt Carrier to see how it functions. In case I do not find a suitable replacement for Part #2, I might decide to go with the complete AS BCG.

Having extra parts is always a good thing for the just in case days. So far, I have not had a failure in any of the stock parts that I did not have replacement for. *knock on wood*

----------------------------------

Edit:

Pro-Arms Loading Nozzle

AGM Part #2 with O-ring and Mounting Hardware

WA Flute Valve (from a WA SV Infinity).....sanded down on the side to make it thinner

*The stock AGM Flute Valve broke on me so this is my replacement and it works!

Airsoft Surgeon Light Weight Bolt Carrier

IMG_0880.jpg

Bolt Carrier Group with all the parts installed.

IMG_0881.jpg

Note how the back edges have been sanded down. They used to be squared/edged but on a couple of occasions, the bolt carrier group stayed back without the bolt stop engaged. The BCG needed to be pushed back further to be unbound. I noted where the contact points were on the back and decided to sand the edges down (less the ridge where the recoil guide retainer goes under). After sanding it down, I have had zero binding problems. I also run my BCG dry with the exception of the loading nozzle's o-ring.

IMG_0882.jpg

A shot of the loading nozzle-bolt carrier mounting hardware. Notice how much space there is between the wall, and the E-clip. Its not much at all. For sure, its less than 1mm's worth of movement. I am confident that the E-clip will hold its place and do its job of keeping the Loading Nozzle from being dislodged from the bolt carrier.

IMG_0888.jpg

VLTOR trademarks. Not a big fan, but the engraving cuts down the weight (even if its minuscule).

IMG_0887.jpg

Plain Jane M4 RIS. Kind of want a CQB outer barrel and a replica PRI flip up front sight...maybe a fakEOtech and an ARMS #40 replica...that would mean a 280mm inner barrel...more money to be spent...meh....depressing. I think i will keep her carbine length.

Edited by sacairsoftsn00py

Good stuff Snoopy and nice bolt carrier.

If my stuff doesn't sell soon then I might also have to take the cheap but reliable upgrading route.

Hey, I'll even take that complete AS BCG if you don't find a good use for it.

Also for those of you that don't want to buy a $60 NPAS, RA-Tech also sells an aluminum #2 part for $30.

Now that the Airsoft Surgeon complete bolt carrier group has been tested by Snoopy, I can assure you that it's the cheapest BCG on the market right now.

It's tempting.... I know that if I take the cheaper route it's going to work just as well as the full $260 NPAS kit and I can invest the rest on externals.

Having no money is good since it gives you time to think. :D

-Luis

EDIT: Yeah, keep it at 14.5''

Having handled a 10.5'' for a while now as a primary, the two aren't that different.

Another question though. The forward assist doesn't mesh with the serrations on the stock bolt carrier good enough and barely pushes it forward. How does the stock forward assist mesh with the VLTOR BC?

Edited by Luis21