Thanks. I'm not a tall guy. Having a shorter gun is always a plus. IMO short gun=maneuverable gun.

I have a CQBR AEG for my CAG impression :P

IMG_0376-1.jpg

Haven't played in almost 2 months now... guess that makes me a chairsofter :lol:

edit:

The stock forward assist button engages with the AS Light Weight Bolt Carrier.

I also replaced the spring that goes in there...If you're making a purchase overseas, do add a set of MAG replacement springs for the WA M4...

You'll be able to use the spring for the forward assist button and spring for the bolt stop retainer. Keep the rest of the springs as your just in case springs :P

Edited by sacairsoftsn00py
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kow what you feel man, I'm 5'5''. However I'm still very comfortable with a 14.5'' M4.

Just sling it up higher. ;)

I also haven't played since late april......

However it gets up to about 95-100 degrees down here in the summer so my gun is going to be kicking....

I think that's what broke the back of my loading nozzle(part #2) a little prematurely...

Either way nice gear.

-Luis

I used to be in Sacramento. I now moved to a small town here in Virginia. I've been out of my hometown since May. The last game that I attended was a going away game for me. Quite a few people turned up. The field owner had 3/4" signed waivers that he showed me :lol:

It rarely gets in the 90's here in Virginia. Its pretty humid though...so they say. I grew up in the tropics...humidity and 80 degree weather does not faze me ;)

Green gas with that high a temp will surely break loading nozzle parts. Part number 2 from AGM actually flexes quite a bit...more so than the AS Loading Nozzle's part #2.

I am now kind of curious about RA-Tech's aluminum part number 2. That's the part I do not have a replacement for my Pro-Arms Loading Nozzle.

The other two AS loading nozzles each come with one already. Too bad they do not fit properly on the Pro-Arms Loading Nozzle.

About having the gun slung higher...I don't know about that. I'm most comfortable when I could easily swing my rifle on my back. Slinging the gun higher would tighten the sling onto my torso. I do not consider one point slings as an option. the rifle swings around too much when I run/walk around with my pistol on hand.

I used to be in Sacramento. I now moved to a small town here in Virginia. I've been out of my hometown since May. The last game that I attended was a going away game for me. Quite a few people turned up. The field owner had 3/4" signed waivers that he showed me :lol:

It rarely gets in the 90's here in Virginia. Its pretty humid though...so they say. I grew up in the tropics...humidity and 80 degree weather does not faze me ;)

Green gas with that high a temp will surely break loading nozzle parts. Part number 2 from AGM actually flexes quite a bit...more so than the AS Loading Nozzle's part #2.

I am now kind of curious about RA-Tech's aluminum part number 2. That's the part I do not have a replacement for my Pro-Arms Loading Nozzle.

The other two AS loading nozzles each come with one already. Too bad they do not fit properly on the Pro-Arms Loading Nozzle.

About having the gun slung higher...I don't know about that. I'm most comfortable when I could easily swing my rifle on my back. Slinging the gun higher would tighten the sling onto my torso. I do not consider one point slings as an option. the rifle swings around too much when I run/walk around with my pistol on hand.

Coast to Coast, ince.

Yeah, at the price the Pro Arms nozzles sells for it should include part #2......

Also for those of you that are concerned with an aluminum part #2 slamming back against the inside of the back of the bolt carrier, you can always apply a very thin silicone ring with a glue gun to the outer and inner rims of part #2. This will act as a shock bumper.... Don't make the rings too think or you'll add unwanted length to the loading nozzle.

-Luis

So far the only plastic loading nozzle with visible reinforcement (shown by having extra material on the area most prone to cracking) has been the Pro Arms one.

Only thing is that I do not know of any part #2 that is compatible with it other than the stock AGM one. The part #2 off of an AS Loading Nozzle does not line up well with the Pro Arms Loading Nozzle.

So far the only plastic loading nozzle with visible reinforcement (shown by having extra material on the area most prone to cracking) has been the Pro Arms one.

Only thing is that I do not know of any part #2 that is compatible with it other than the stock AGM one. The part #2 off of an AS Loading Nozzle does not line up well with the Pro Arms Loading Nozzle.

Maybe the RA-Tech #2 part($30) fits the Pro Arms chamber. Heck, you can even buy the $5 version of the RA-Tech #2 part.

Does anyone have first hand experience with the RA-Tech clear plastic loading nozzles? They look way too flimsy, in fact clear plastic, besides polycarbonate, tends to be weak as it is and prone to cracking under pressure. If RA-Tech's loading nozzle was made out of polymer like the Pro-Arms, then maybe it would be a way better option.

I'm telling you, I saw a brand new Colt M4 complete bolt carrier group today for $220 shipped! The mil-spec real steel bolt, meant to take more stress than an airsoft gun could ask for. It was selling for less than an airsoft part!!!

It's crazy. The inside of a real bolt carrier is too narrow to house an air,soft loading nozzle. It's also a complete tunnel, where as an airsoft bolt carrier is open at the top, right under the gas key. Also since a real bolt carrier engages the bolt stop right in the middle it doesn't have the material on the sides to engage an airsoft bolt catch. Also a real bolt carrier is longer than a WA bc, Inokatsu and Prime carriers are said to be real spec.

The first two problems can be fixed with a dremel or other tools. Problem 3 is a little harder. You can remove a bit of length off the back of a real carrier too.

Damn, if it wasn't for the bolt catch problem I'd mod a real bolt carrier to use in my gun.

Well scratch that. I just remembered that a real bolt carrier has two holes that lead into the inside of it, for pins. Even if I did manage to open up the inside enough to fit an airsoft loading nozzle, the gas used to power the blowback would leak out of those holes. Also the alignment for the post that is held on by the C-clip might not be in the same spot as an airsoft gun.

Well there you have it. Even if I wanted to, it's not possible. :(

Too bad since airsoft parts are way too expensive considering that they're toys.....

Enough of my cheap talk. I never want to do things the right way. :P

-Luis

I've order quite a few expensive things for my AGM... PDI inner barrel, G&P steel outer barrel, G&P anti-rotation links, EBB ambi-selector, KA MRF 13" RAS, RATech full NPAS BCG, Prime hopup guide, and a RATech bolt stop.

Once its all together we shall see what happens.

Edit** Forgot to mention I got my hands on the ACM UBR that can fit on GBBRs

Edited by Roecar

Plastic ones aren't supposed to be that durable. However they should last at least a few thousand rounds. If they keep breaking then there is something wrong with the installation of internal parts. Also on that note about plastic nozzles, a reason for having plastic nozzles is the fact I've been told trying to remove aluminum nozzles from the NPAS can be extremely difficult if a failure occurs where it becomes inoperable. Difficult to the point where a drill maybe required to remove it. At least with plastic parts they are easier to remove.

gas guns info people say the ra tech plastic loading nozzles are not very durable at all...

i have e-mailed ra tech a few times....no response from them so i ended up buying other parts from other retailers...lol

Yeah, you can always try ordering from Tokyo model. I did read on ggi that alot of people's plastic nozzles were cracking.

Plastic ones aren't supposed to be that durable. However they should last at least a few thousand rounds. If they keep breaking then there is something wrong with the installation of internal parts. Also on that note about plastic nozzles, a reason for having plastic nozzles is the fact I've been told trying to remove aluminum nozzles from the NPAS can be extremely difficult if a failure occurs where it becomes inoperable. Difficult to the point where a drill maybe required to remove it. At least with plastic parts they are easier to remove.

Yeah, both have their ups and downs. However the fact that the aluminum will last way longer outweighs it's problems..

A company should make one that's fiber glass reinforced. You know, they make some oxygen tanks out of fiber glass, like the ones firefighters use. If it's used on tanks then it means fiber glass can handle air pressure fairly well.

Heck for the money I'm about to spend I'd pay for a CNC'ed titanium loading nozzle....

Does anyone know if the RA-Tech loading nozzle that's included in the $260 BCG is T6061 or T7075 aluminum?

BTW, Roecar you're going to have a hell of a rifle when everything's put together. Man you even went ahead and got the PDI barrel. That's nuts.

-Luis

Edited by Luis21

@Luis21

The only thing missing now is a King Arms engraved Noveske/Vltor MUR MBK and my GBB project is done. Hopefully KA can take a hint and make one already. The Prime kits are nice but waaaayyyy too expensive for just a MBK.

Edited by Roecar
@Luis21

The only thing missing now is a King Arms engraved Noveske/Vltor MUR MBK and my GBB project is done. Hopefully KA can take a hint and make one already. The Prime kits are nice but waaaayyyy too expensive for just a MBK.

Yeah, tell me about it. Prime is nice and all but a real, mil-spec upper and lower for an AR are both cheaper than a Prime MBK.

You got enough mags for a skirmish on top of all those upgrades? :D

-Luis

So if I have read all the posts correctly...

A RA TECH complete NPAS BCG, Steel Bolt Stop and G&P Hop Unit and rubber should be all that NEEDS to be replaced to make this a realiable skirmishable piece of kit?

As long as you understand that NO upgrades are gonna make the bolt-catch work reliably as long as you're using the AGM mag.

New mags should be on your list too. ;)

As long as you understand that NO upgrades are gonna make the bolt-catch work reliably as long as you're using the AGM mag.

Right so all the above plus 7 GHK mags (or similar) :)

I have to say this is quite possibly my favorite thread on the whole forum, full of nice people, no spam, decent reviews and tips, and above all a perfect example of how a forum should work... if only the whole forum was like this :rolleyes:

New mags should be on your list too. wink.gif

I haven't received my AGM yet, but wouldn't it be possible to modificate/fabricate the lip that engages the bolt catch for it to work?

colazel-

you should take some time to read through this particular section of the forums...you'll be surprised at how much info you will get...with that said, I can tell you that I have addressed your concern with regard to the compatibility of the Pro-Arms loading nozzle to the stock AGM bolt carrier....

--------------

About 2k rounds through my AGM M4 using green gas, my hammer sear crapped out on me. I now have full auto only.

A few clicks after, money out of my paypal funds and g&p hammer sear and hammer is on the way...

The stock one works just fine with some modification. Even with the AGM magazines.

I just had to stretch out a spring and sand the bolt catch retainer ;)

I haven't received my AGM yet, but wouldn't it be possible to modificate/fabricate the lip that engages the bolt catch for it to work?

The problem is that the main spring inside the mag just isn't strong enough to push the bolt-catch up so it engages in the time it takes for the BCG to slam back and forward again.

The only way to fix this is to either pack something behind the spring to pre-load it or to use different mag's.

Are the gen. 2 mags defective in this way as well?

No idea. I haven't tried em.

Oddly enough, loads of people claim to have bought them and the main thing they say is that they're lighter. Which we already know.

Nobody seems keen to say whether the V2 mags work the bolt catch properly.

I'm guessing that's cos it'd mean admitting it didn't work properly to begin with.

One of my friends in California told me that he put through about 8 mag full's worth of BBs using green gas and propane through his and the magazine has held up. No leaks from the seals whatsoever.

I am still waiting for my o-rings to see if those would fix my heavy weight AGM M4 GBB magazines.

Even then, I will have to install a new hammer sear into my gun as my stock AGM hammer sear broke on me. The catch on the sear chipped off so the sear does not grab on the hammer.