• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I notices that the little switch on the top of the mag is causing it; when it's switch toward the front of the mag it leaks, when towards the back it doesn't. What's up with that? I thought it was the switch that turns the bolt catch on and off?

Edited by the hot tuna
I just got mine in today. I didn't get extra mags and the stock one will not hold gas; as I'm filling it the gas flows straight out of the top of the mag part #216. Help!!!

Make sure the valve lock isn't keeping the valve open. If its not then I'd soak the valve with silicone to loosen it up.

I notices that the little switch on the top of the mag is causing it; when it's switch toward the front of the mag it leaks, when towards the back it doesn't. What's up with that? I thought it was the switch that turns the bolt catch on and off?

That switch does nothing to the gas system at all.

It's a mechanical switch that stops the BB follower moving up the last 5mm and engaging the bolt catch.

That aint affecting the gas leak.

That switch does nothing to the gas system at all.

It's a mechanical switch that stops the BB follower moving up the last 5mm and engaging the bolt catch.

That aint affecting the gas leak.

Okay, google's not helping me find an exploded view in English. Does anybody have one of the gun and of the mag?

re the valve lock - look at rear of the mag where the valve is - you'll see a little black bar that sits accross bottom of the valve - if thats in the up position it'll revent the valve returning to the closed position

press the top of the mag where that arm gets activated (if looking on the mag from the rear its on right hand side) so that it drops clear of the valve

then check that the valve is springing out to its closed position as it should

press it a few times with your finger and confirm it returns under spring pressure, if it doesnt then tease it out to its full length with a pair of long nosed pliers and squirt a little gas into the mag, at that point you should be able to keep the valve lock out the way and press the valve with a finger - scooting out a little gas while you've got pressure on it, returning to closed position when you let go the pressure

Definitely will, all that I'm waiting for now is the RATech BCG which was shipped as of yesterday HK time. I'm hoping it'll be here by Friday.

Sounds good.

Did you order the complete BCG directly from RA-Tech? If so, I thought they were out of stock for a while.....

-Luis

@luis aye, you need to go in thru RA-Tech gas series WA page - most of them are listed as in stock at moment

http://en.ratech.com.tw/product/rag/rag_wa...rag_wa_bolt.php

but if you go in thru RA-tech agent WA product page all you'll see is products coming back soon message

http://en.ratech.com.tw/product/agent_prod...nt_pro_g_wa.php

@luis aye, you need to go in thru RA-Tech gas series WA page - most of them are listed as in stock at moment

http://en.ratech.com.tw/product/rag/rag_wa...rag_wa_bolt.php

but if you go in thru RA-tech agent WA product page all you'll see is products coming back soon message

http://en.ratech.com.tw/product/agent_prod...nt_pro_g_wa.php

Thanks Snorkel.

Man! No money though, the guy who wants to buy my AEG hasn't gotten back to me yet...

Who wants to loan me $260? :D

I'm not even kidding...... I'll pay ya back ;)

Well I got my copy of the PGC hop-up unit for AEG barrels. I'll post up about it later tonight.

-Luis

I just had a mag that was filled with propane suddenly pop and gush gas out of the top of the mag, and subsequently each attempt at filling it did the same, so i followed a mag takedown guide and took the valve out and stripped all the o-rings out, dipped them in silcone oil for 30 minutes, refitted them and now its working nicely again, i almost resigned myself to having to buy another mag before i could use the gun again.....

Do you guys know if I can use AEG part to make this into a M16A4? If not are there any affordable parts out thar?

As of now, the only 20'' outer barrel available is the G&P WOC 20'' Barrel. You can use an AEG M5 RIS though.

G&P sells a full WA compatible M16A4 front end, however it's not cheap and costs more than the gun itself.

The cheap route would be a G&P WOC 20'' Barrel, a DBoys M5 RIS, and just transplanting the front sight, flash hider, and delta ring over from your AGM.

I'll PM you the links in a few minutes.

@skoda: At least you know that your mag will run smoother now.......

-Luis

There's also the 5-piece outer barrel that EBB sells.

Once you fit that you should be able to fit an AEG foregrip to it.

Gotta say, I'd rather stick with an alloy barrel rather than a steel one.

It's very, very, very heavy.

Yep, steel is very heavy, especially a 20'' M16 barrel.

The EBB barrel actually extends up to a 15'' barrel actually so an M5 RAS or M16 handguards won't fit it.

-Luis

I keep finding things out every time I tinker with this sucker.

I noticed that the hop/inner barrel assembly has a play. It moves back and forth a good 3-4mm.

The Airsoft Surgeon Light Weight Bolt Carrier is about 2mm longer than the stock AGM and the AS Complete Bolt Carrier Group.

I found that when the bolt is pulled back, the hop/inner barrel assembly could shift back and forth. When the bolt carrier group is forward, the hop/inner barrel assembly is more secure.

What I ended up doing to remedy this play is putting a spring through the inner barrel which would push back on the hop unit/inner barrel assembly. When the bolt carrier group goes forward and comes in contact with the hop, the hop moves forward. When the bolt carrier group goes back, the hop moves back. What this does is that it brings the hop's lip closer to the feed ramp for improved chambering. The spring fix should also imrpove seal around the hop chamber/loading nozzle.

I'm still waiting on Airsoft Global to ship my my steel trigger assembly parts so I can do more testing. *sniff*....

On a side note, I have 4 non functioning AGM M4 magazines. They were the heavy weight ones. Money burnt on it....*shrugs*....

Edited by sacairsoftsn00py
The EBB barrel actually extends up to a 15'' barrel actually so an M5 RAS or M16 handguards won't fit it.

There's enough lumps of the EBB barrel to create a barrel longer than 20".

If you wanted to leave the unstepped part showing I guess you'd need to screw it onto the front of the complete M4 barrel assembly and then cut notches in the barrel for a front sight assembly. :unsure:

I gotta say, though, regardless of whether it can be used or not I wouldn't recommend having all those heavy lumps of steel screwed together and then fitted to the front of a pot-metal receiver.

Received my 062 several days ago, put some magpul parts on it, done some chronoing but it hasn't seen the field yet.

img1253r.jpg

My precious :)

Them mag that I got with it doesn't leak at all but the bolt stop isn't functioning very properly. On full auto it stops the bolt on the 2nd or 3rd pass, on single, almost never. Got one GHK mag, bolt lock works flawlessly, even a bit too god - it engages it with one bb left. However, had to widen the hole for the mag catch on GHK mag so it could be locked into the receiver.

One thing I don't like about the GHK mags i s the design around the valve - looks to me that it could be accidentally pushed when stored in pouch - did this happen to anyone?

Results of the chronoing was 395 to 405 fps with abbey predator ultra with xtreme 0.23 bbs. Just a little to hot. :huh:

Sorry for doble post, forget to ask, how much gas do you use with these in an average day... I with my AEG use about 3500 rounds, but I guess with locaps, you use less? Can anyone say roughly how many rounds they shoot, and how much gas that uses- how often you must refill the magazines... Sorry i know someone prob already said in the 50 previous pages of posts I need to work out if I can afford it, first the cost, then making it skirmaishable and realiabled, and how much you must pay on consumables

Thanks

I went with the ful RAt steel carrier, aluminium bolt and nozzle with adjustable NPAS etc 260 bucks

you could probably shave a chunk off of that if you went with an aluminium bolt carrier, different nozzle asembly and skipped the adjustable NPAS

I chucked in steel fire control parts - 160 for ones I bought at the time.

current cheapest combo of those would be 31 trigger (Ino) 10 dollar RAT sear 14 dollar steel hammer 8 bucks for a steel selector (63 bucks total) however I've still to test that combo - will try it in next one Im building for a bit of a comparison

I also ditched mag catch for steel one (inokatsu) wouldn't consider that essential, use the stock one till if or when it wears out

I ended up using that along with the AGM mag catch button as it was a better fit in receiver than the ino mag catch button (so buy ino catch for 21 and forget spending the other 10 bucks on its button)

Im using red RA-tech hop rubber (7bucks) in a RAT CNC'd hop unit (55 bucks) might want to consider just getting the rubber on its own and sticking with the original hop - its lighweight plastic hop unit so you always run risk of breaking it if you hit it with one too many double feeds but other than that in combo with decent hop rubber should be worth a try rather than dumping 55 bucks on the CNCd unit.

aluminium buffer you can pick up for 10 bucks

of all of the above Id go with the 260 bucks bolt carrier group 7 dollar hop bucking 10 dollar aluminium buffer and wing it on the rest untill you actually need them

magazines wise I went with GHK as Im personally more comfortable with shoving gas into that design

gas consumption would seems to be around 60-odd BBs from one fill of abbey ultra, though I really need to sit down and do an average round count over two or three fills

Based on amount of gas used per full fill a stock can of ultra would be good for 20 to 22 fills of the GHK mags, so call it 1200 to 1300 shots out of a can when being used at 20 deg C ?

Edited by snorkelman