DSC_1385NEF.jpg

couldnt resist the pink :)

as this is a bit of a funky coloured paint job and I couldnt quite make up my mind what colour to use I opted to try it with basic emulsion paint first. Yes the stuff you paint walls with :)

Reason for that is its cheap (you can buy the little 'tester' sized pots for pennies from local DIY store in all sorts of possible shades) and its relatively easy to remove and have another go, so you can try before you buy. If you dont like a particular colour once its on the gun you're only down a buck for the tester versus 15 bucks worth of proper paint you then find isnt quite the colour you had in mind and never actually use.

If you're carefull you can even seal it with a coat of lightly sprayed clear laquer which will hold it together long enough to lay any other stuff on top of it that you want to try too (this ones getting a pearl laid over it so the upper has been sealed with laquer to let me spray that on top for a trial go too).

Downsides are that its obviously only a temporary coat of paint it wont hold up to handling and as the solvent/thinner is just water it doesnt 'flash off' while spraying which means you need to go slowly with very light coats (and ideally some sort of fan heater you can dry it under) to build up coverage or you're going to get runs.

Obviously not everyone is going to be doing stuff with screaming pink paint lol, but same applies if you want to mess around with various camo patterns or more normal colour schemes etc. Once you're sure you've got the exact colour(s) you want take whats left of the tester to a paint shop and have them mix up some proper paint to do the job for real.

Anyways, had a chance to try out the various bits n bobs I bought a few days back

cheap 5 bearing hammer - little more side to side play than the 70 bucks RA-tech one and bearings its using are really cheap in comparison, side to side play is 0.4mm versus 0.1 for the RAT part could be shimmed out but its not causing any problems in use

All the sear faces on it are fine - it locks against the standard AGM and inokatsu triggers, against standard and RAT semi auto sears and against the standard AGM auto hammer lock as it should.

G&P hammer lock - bought this one to complete the set more in hope than any sort of expectation. As usual the issue with auto hammer locks reared its head on this one too.

Ino fire-selectors just plain wont work unmodified in an AGM lower - Ive now tried one in two lowers and using three different hammer locks (Ino, the original AGM ones and this shiny G&P one) I ended up giving in and modifying the Ino selector - the groove machined in the ino selector that the leg of the hammer lock rests against in auto? well I took a bit of 80 grit wet n dry to that and increased its depth (the AGM one is cut a quarter mill or so deeper).

The AGM hammer lock now seems to lock consistently. My guess is the position of the axis pin for the hammer lock on the AGM lower is just a teeeeeeny bit off spec versus the position of that part in an Ino lower.

To be honest it wouldnt normally be a big deal as the steel chinese ambi selector reportedly works fine (and you may as well buy that for 8 bucks rather than a 35 dollar ino one) I was more concerned abouit getting the problem nailed down once and for all in prep for the RA-T burst fire parts arriving (just in case they suffer from a similar issue in the AGM lower).

As it stands for ordinary use theres no point changing the hammer lock on the AGM to an Ino or G&P one, indeed it will probably cause you hassle. So dont go losing the original AGM hammer lock any time soon, as Ive yet to see the AGM one made available as a spare part

G&P steel buffer catch is a drop in replacement for the pot metal AGM original (no major need for it the pot metal one is holding up fine, I just wanted to spec a lower with full set of steel parts and it was the missing link)

G&P steel mag catch - you need to fit the whole thing - catch and button. The ino catch you can mix and match with the AGM release button as the threads on both parts are the same. as per the Ino parts the hole in the receiver that the threaded rod passes thru is too narrow to clear the G&P part. So as per the ino you need to open the hole up a little with a bit of wet n dry (wrap some round a narrow screw driver and just run it in and out of the hole for 30 seconds or so) The hole in the AGM firing block that the rod also passes thru doesnt need modified its already more than large enough, just the hole in the lower thats undersized

Personally Id probably go with an ino steel catch and AGM pot metal button combo (as the Ino catch is a little better defined at the mag catching wedge than the G&P one) price for the ino catch on its own is 22 bucks and price for the complete G&P catch and button was the same. Downside with 'Ino and AGM' combo rather than G&P is the button isnt steel if you got he combo route.

Cheap CNC hop unit - Unlike Stealths, this one was fine. I pulled the premodded AGM actuating lever out of my RAT one and fitted it in this and it behaves itself just the same. Still to test it with an unmodded AGM actuating lever though, so in a worst case scenario you might find that the same mods are requred as when using on the RAT original this is based on (i.e. a little matterial off the lower front of the lever, a little materrial off the uper back of the lever and a little material off the two nubs)

cheap aluminium hard recoil buffer Inside of it are three small tubular weigths and three o-rings that all rattle around it kinda emulates a real steel recoil damping buffer

the entire thing weights orings et al tips the scales at 63 grammes

without the weights and orings it comes in at just under 30 grammes (same weight as an aluminium Inokatsu one)

standard plastic AGM one is 11 grammes in comparison

Personally unless you want to be driven mad by the click clackety of the weights every time you point the muzzle down I'd open it up and

a - remove the weights and orings and turn it into the equiv of a standard alumiium inokatsu buffer

or

b - shove a couple more orings in it, to eliminate all the play and just have one big solid rattle free 65 gramme aluminium buffer

G&P adjustable front pivot pin - too big to fit an unmodified AGM lower - it'll fit thru the pivot on the upper (as thats the hole with all the slop) but it wont fit thru the holes in the lower - it 0.2mm wider OD than the holes in the AGM lower. So will need the holes in the lower opened up a little in order to fit it but I've not got round to doing that yet.

Ino trigger RAT sear and RAT bolt catch - same as the previous ones I bought the Ino trigger is a drop in fit direct replacement for the AGM one, the RAt bolt catch just needs usual minute or two of fettling the firing block .

The RAT sear is a drop in fit too (note the RAT sear is a single width narrow profile sear, whereas the original AGM pot metal one (and other manufacs steel sears) have a wider engagement surface at top of the sears. That said its nicely cut and finished, costs all of ten bucks and is fine for the job.

Edited by snorkelman
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I am sorry if this is kind of a noob question but has anyone tried the AGM spare bolt set from Gunner AS?

http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/catalog/pr ... ts_id=1669

The price seems ridicoulously low for the set but even if it lasts only a a thousand rounds you can buy ten of them and still save a lot of money with regard to the RA-Tech stuff.

Is this a feasible option or is it plain ###### as the price suggests?

chris

same set thats in the rifle so same results will apply - the little metal nub at front of the bolt carrier has a very good chance of wearing away/falling out and the nozzle/bolts will break at the rear

like you say depends on what sort of round count you can get out of each set work your way thru 10 or 12 sets and by time you factor in shipping you'll have spent same as an steel RAT bolt carrier and aluminium nozzle set.

Pretty much going to have to comit to ordering three or four each time too - otherwise you might only hit half a dozen individually ordered sets before all the shipping fees sees you hit that sort of 'RAT set' cost.

Hi I have G&P M203 Long NON-RIS version on my AGM 062 and no problem, but you have to take down front sights because AGM GBB outer barrel has larger diameter than AEG barrel. I don't know about any other advance.

So my delta ring should be removed? I have the QD latch in front of the launcher...

What RIS problem? The wobble?

Also remember that the EBB 9'' barrel does NOT have the two indents for the front sight pins.

And if you get a free float RAS the hop-up will be a pain to adjust, unless you have a Prime hop-up chamber that adjusts through the back....

-Luis

What RIS problem? The wobble?

Also remember that the EBB 9'' barrel does NOT have the two indents for the front sight pins.

And if you get a free float RAS the hop-up will be a pain to adjust, unless you have a Prime hop-up chamber that adjusts through the back....

-Luis

I meant the problem I saw earlier in the thread with a different RIS not being straight, uneven with the upper reciever, not flush with the upper receiver. I really want a Mk18.

I meant the problem I saw earlier in the thread with a different RIS not being straight, uneven with the upper reciever, not flush with the upper receiver. I really want a Mk18.

Oh, I see. I've fixed my top RIS rail to be only abour 1mm above the upper reciever rail. However you won't be able to have the upper RIS and the upper receiver match unless you dremel some of the top RIS off.

You can always get a different RIS. KAC style, 2-piece. Make sure it's designed just like the real KAC RIS, with two pins in the top rail in the front and in the back. It also has to have a small clasp w/ a screw at the back near the delta ring. When tightened it bites down on the barrel nut which allows for ZERO movement.

The AGM RIS is very poor. Nothing close to the real thing. With some mods it becomes solid but the height will not align.

Definitely build yourself a Mk.18 Mod.0 :D

-Luis

Oh, I plan on it!!!

you should definitely check out Magpul's Art of the Tactical Carbine II, it will give you a tactigasm. :D

Definitely! Are you going to be buying a Prime Mk.18 Mod.0 Metal body kit?

I would but I can't buy the DVD right now, I got other stuff first. But I will watch it eventually.. :P

-Luis

Definitely! Are you going to be buying a Prime Mk.18 Mod.0 Metal body kit?

I would but I can't buy the DVD right now, I got other stuff first. But I will watch it eventually.. :P

-Luis

I definitely will not spend that kind of coin on an airsoft MBK! I'm not sure what MBK I will be getting, I'd love a Magpul one, but I don't know if they make one for the WA.

I feel bad about it, but I just downloaded the torrent for the DVD, but I'll still buy it when I get back from BCT... it will give me something to watch in AIT.

Edited by the hot tuna
I definitely will not spend that kind of coin on an airsoft MBK! I'm not sure what MBK I will be getting, I'd love a Magpul one, but I don't know if they make one for the WA.

I feel bad about it, but I just downloaded the torrent for the DVD, but I'll still buy it when I get back from BCT... it will give me something to watch in AIT.

True... :P

My buddy is selling his brand new Prime Mk.18 Mod.0 MBK for $400 shipped. That's way less than the retail $530.... You can probably throw an offer at him too.

Thanks,

-Luis

Had anyone seen the new K-Cube M4 GBB?

http://airsoftglobal.com/product_info.php?...4eb98db7d377f6f

First I thought that it was the A.C.M. that Rsov have, but then I realized that this one have markings. Bad point: bolt stop doesn't work, could be caused by the magazine like the AGM?

I realized than in Rsov, Dboys KAC PDW is named A.C.M., could be the A.C.M. M4 GBB from Dboys? I know that Dboys' one is expected in 3 months...

Edited by DEVILHUNTER

Aye looks like the same gun as the RSOV one but with naff awful trades.

to be honest half this stuff keeps changing its 'brand name' suddenly every chinese M4 GBB part on ebaybanned became 5ku, and airsoft global have had stuff listed as VTEC then renamed it 5ku etc

The PDW on RSOV described as ACM isnt the dboys one, theres differences between them.

in any case dboys have a big enough name now it would be kinda silly for them to keep changing it for no good reason Im pretty sure their M4 GBB will ship under their own name and that this isnt it.

if you mean "Empty-Firing Mode, does not hold bolt open with empty magazine" then that isnt a broken bolt catch, thats the ability to lock the bolt catch lever on the mag in the down position so you can dry fire the gun same as you can with WA and AGM mags

Edited by snorkelman

Just noticed that airsoft world (aka airsoft scotland) now stock the AGM mags, and their description states that they are also compatiable with the WE M4 :huh:

http://www.airsoftworld.net/front-page-pro...e0aedc8668a8cba

Now, normally airsoft world are pretty accurate and offer no BS descriptions of their products, but this makes me raise an eyebrow. Is what they say true?

I know full well that they are two different systems with propriortory mags.

but.... :huh::blink::wacko::unsure::o

...this has sparked my curiosoty.

Has anyone tried this, or is able to try/confirm this?

Edited by sadigh
Just noticed that airsoft world (aka airsoft scotland) now stock the AGM mags, and their description states that they are also compatiable with the WE M4 :huh:

Now, normally airsoft world are pretty accurate and offer no BS descriptions of their products, but this makes me raise an eyebrow. Is what they say true?

I know full well that they are two different systems with propriortory mags.

but.... :huh::blink::wacko::unsure::o

...this has sparked my curiosoty.

Has anyone tried this, or is able to try/confirm this?

The gas port on the WE M4 magazine is higher up than the gas port on the WA style mags. Different bolt/loading nozzle= different magazine design. Also the lever that activates the bolt catch is higher and to the left on the WE. The WA mag has the lever lower and in the middle. And lastly, the BB feed lip on the mag is raised more on the WE mags.

They can also be different external dimensions.

I honestly think that they won't work. If they did, then we would of known by now.....

I don't know about everyone here but I'm personally going to sell my AGM and get a WE SCAR. The externals on the AGM don't cut it for me.

If anyone is interested in a FULL STEEL Inokatsu lower receiver parts set that's gone through less than 400 rounds then please pm me.

Thanks,

-Luis

Edited by Luis21

I agree with you Luis21, you're right that they are both different design mags with different dimensions for two seperate systems, and therefore, the general rule of thumb is that they are incompatiable.

But, take a look at this -

magcomparisonWAWE.jpg

Similar, eh? :huh:

This is really beginnng to arouse my interest.

Just done a mock up in PS, notice that the mags are VERY similar in terms of dimenions of the bb lips and rubber seal in relation to the hole for the mag catch on both mags, meaning that, in theory, everything lines up...

Maybe, just maybe, airsoft world are correct, and the WA design mag works in the WE?

I agree with you Luis21, you're right that they are both different design mags with different dimensions for two seperate systems, and therefore, the general rule of thumb is that they are incompatiable.

But, take a look at this -

magcomparisonWAWE.jpg

Similar, eh? :huh:

This is really beginnng to arouse my interest.

Just done a mock up in PS, notice that the mags are VERY similar in terms of dimenions of the bb lips and rubber seal in relation to the hole for the mag catch on both mags, meaning that, in theory, everything lines up...

Maybe, just maybe, airsoft world are correct, and the WA design mag works in the WE?

Could be. I'm thinking that the WE mag won't fit inside the WA receiver since the WE M4 is thin like the real M4.

-Luis