• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm...maybe there will be a 5ku version in a month or so...

if only it was full auto that got replaced by the burst feature

Aye, I wouldnt see it taking too long for a cheaper version to surface, provided a chinese manufac is willing to bring out a trigger which they havent done till now. Does need slightly finer tolerances than a standard auto hammer and sear can get away with though so depends if they can be assed with the machining work needed for the burst ratchet.

it is full auto that gets replaced with burst - Safe Semi and 3rd Burst, versus Safe Semi and Auto.

there are compromises in it as a system but kinda hard to avoid when they're inherited from it mimicking the real deal - the burst count 'memory effect' and variations on weight of trigger pull because of the ratchet and front sear.

Check this out

http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/catalog/produ...cc40dfec97aff46

SPR upper. =D

Kinda make sense to sell these uppers instead of complete guns.

one big spendy bolt carrier group shared between three or four cheap uppers

Only things really missing just now are the ancillary parts for the cheap CNC hop units If you want to use one of those in each upper then you're stuffed as you can only get them from stripping an existing plastic hop unit

I see that bare AGM lowers are being made available on their own now too for 27 bucks, will probably give them a miss but hopefully it wont be long before we see the ACM lowers available too (no trades and have RS buffer tube threading)

one big spendy bolt carrier group shared between three or four cheap uppers

Only things really missing just now are the ancillary parts for the cheap CNC hop units If you want to use one of those in each upper then you're stuffed as you can only get them from stripping an existing plastic hop unit

I see that bare AGM lowers are being made available on their own now too for 27 bucks, will probably give them a miss but hopefully it wont be long before we see the ACM lowers available too (no trades and have RS buffer tube threading)

Yea. Adjust the FPS, woodlands and CQB gun good to go. Just swap out the uppers.

http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/catalog/produ...91e8eac91b9b6fb

Thats the lower, Plus it comes with trades.

Interrupted burst - note that if you were to be fast enough at feathering the trigger before a 3round burst completes then the next burst will only be what's left of that interupted burst

ie

if you manage to squeeze just one shot off before releasing the trigger? then you'll get the two shots of that interupted burst on next burst fire trigger pull not 3 rounds.

Likewise if you fire two rounds and release trigger, then you'll get the third shot of that interupted burst on its own on next trigger pull

now we're talking realistic ;)

Thanks Luis

No problem mate.

I weighed a WE M4 mag yesterday and man!!! What a difference, after having handled and gotten used to the heavyweight AGM mag, the WE mag felt like a feather.

That's one more reason why I'm switching to a WA SCAR....

-Luis

are there replacement valves available for agm mags ?

Here are the valves:

http://www.px-airsoft.com/showroom/model/T...624975500008472

http://www.px-airsoft.com/showroom/model/T...690827421001080

O-Ring set:

http://www.px-airsoft.com/showroom/model/T...071822828016856

IMPORTANT:

All of you 5KU AGM lightweight mags.....

How light are they really????? Does anyone have a precise scale they can use to confirm their claim?

Thanks,

-Luis

Edited by Luis21

Luis,

I just weighed an early AGM (~May/June) and a 5KU..

The AGM weighed in at 27.4 oz. and the 5KU was 21.0 oz.

Both had BB's in them, though I'm not sure of the quantity, but they were both empty of gas. The BB's being present hurts accuracy, but at .2g a piece, 50 BB's weighs less than half an ounce, I don't think it's toooo big a deal :)

Just by holding them, the 5KU is noticeably lighter (and has given me less in the way of problems)

Luis,

I just weighed an early AGM (~May/June) and a 5KU..

The AGM weighed in at 27.4 oz. and the 5KU was 21.0 oz.

Both had BB's in them, though I'm not sure of the quantity, but they were both empty of gas. The BB's being present hurts accuracy, but at .2g a piece, 50 BB's weighs less than half an ounce, I don't think it's toooo big a deal :)

Just by holding them, the 5KU is noticeably lighter (and has given me less in the way of problems)

Thanks man, I really appreciate your help. I'm sure others will too.

For those of you familiar with the metric system:

Heavy AGM Mag: 776g

5KU lightweight: 596g

The 5KU are just over half a kilo. I want to carry 6 so I'll be carrying around 3kgs of mags or about 7.5lbs(w/ gas &BBs). Not too bad.....

If you were to carry early gen. heavyweight AGM mags, you'd be carryin about 10.5lbs worth of mags.

-Luis

Thanks man, I really appreciate your help. I'm sure others will too.

For those of you familiar with the metric system:

Heavy AGM Mag: 776g

5KU lightweight: 596g

The 5KU are just over half a kilo. I want to carry 6 so I'll be carrying around 3kgs of mags or about 7.5lbs(w/ gas &BBs). Not too bad.....

If you were to carry early gen. heavyweight AGM mags, you'd be carryin about 10.5lbs worth of mags.

-Luis

shaving off 3 pounds of kit ain't bad..

now then, does anyone have a link to the PGC hopup copy that allows you to use AEG barrels? What I saw on PX looks like the 5KU I already have..

shaving off 3 pounds of kit ain't bad..

now then, does anyone have a link to the PGC hopup copy that allows you to use AEG barrels? What I saw on PX looks like the 5KU I already have..

Yeah, 3 pounds is alright..

The PGC clone hop-up chamber for AEG barrels seems to be out of stock since PX-Airsoft doesn't have it listed.

It also seems that PX-Airsoft is the only store that carries the PGC hop-up copy because it's not anywhere else.

Here's the actual PGC/Pro-Win unit:

http://airsoftglobal.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=7835

However the copy is $30 less. I have it and can only tell you to buy it ASAP! It's built very well and it fits the AGM good. I'd wait until it gets back in stock and save yourself some money.

-Luis

Edited by Luis21
I weighed a WE M4 mag yesterday and man!!! What a difference, after having handled and gotten used to the heavyweight AGM mag, the WE mag felt like a feather.

far as WE mags go bear in mind they cost more than any AGM or 5KU you're comparing with and hold 30 rounds a pop = to carry 300 rounds on a WE you'ld need 10 of them (3.5 kilos) and be spending 350 bucks or so on mags (9 at 39 bucks, you get one with the gun)

to carry 300 rounds on WA, then 7 GHK weigh in at just under 3.4 kilos and costing same 350 bucks, or you can go with 6 of the 'lightweight' 5KU mags costing you 150 bucks or so and weighing just under 3.6 kilos

It also seems that PX-Airsoft is the only store that carries the PGC hop-up copy because it's not anywhere else.

urm no.. boomarms also have the clone AEG barrel compatible hop unit around half way down this page

http://www.boomarms.com/sc/showcatalog.asp...;sKeyword=wa+m4

Edited by snorkelman
far as WE mags go bear in mind they cost more than any AGM or 5KU you're comparing with and hold 30 rounds a pop = to carry 300 rounds on a WE you'ld need 10 of them (3.5 kilos) and be spending 350 bucks or so on mags (9 at 39 bucks, you get one with the gun)

to carry 300 rounds on WA, then 7 GHK weigh in at just under 3.4 kilos and costing same 350 bucks, or you can go with 6 of the 'lightweight' 5KU mags costing you 150 bucks or so and weighing just under 3.6 kilos

Yeah, thanks Snorkel.

Price is the main factor right now. If it wasn't I would of gotten an Inokatsu..

If I went with the WE SCAR, I'd also carry 6 mags. Regardless of gun system.

I'll be going with the 6 5KU mags plus 1 AGM heavy weight.

Hopefully I don't fall back with all this weight in my dump pouch. :P

-Luis

Yeah, 3 pounds is alright..

The PGC clone hop-up chamber for AEG barrels seems to be out of stock since PX-Airsoft doesn't have it listed.

Here's the actual PGC/Pro-Win unit:

http://airsoftglobal.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=7835

However the copy is $30 less. I have it and can only tell you to buy it ASAP! It's built very well and it fits the AGM good. I'd wait until it gets back in stock and save yourself some money.

-Luis

About the PGC copy. There's actually something wrong with it. The build quality is nice and all but the rubber seems a bit off. I've tried two of these already and the nozzle of the agm does not grip well inside the rubber of the PGC copy. This causes an fps drop since it couldn't seal the air very well. The WA design hop has a cylinder where the rubber sits inside as it catches the nozzle. In the PGC, there is no cylinder, its just pure rubber that tries to catch the nozzle. This isn't a bad design per se, but the rubber should at least be a snug fit to the nozzle as it catches it. Might try the JG nozzle when it comes out, so far my AGM is put on hold awaiting parts.

About the PGC copy. There's actually something wrong with it. The build quality is nice and all but the rubber seems a bit off. I've tried two of these already and the nozzle of the agm does not grip well inside the rubber of the PGC copy. This causes an fps drop since it couldn't seal the air very well. The WA design hop has a cylinder where the rubber sits inside as it catches the nozzle. In the PGC, there is no cylinder, its just pure rubber that tries to catch the nozzle. This isn't a bad design per se, but the rubber should at least be a snug fit to the nozzle as it catches it. Might try the JG nozzle when it comes out, so far my AGM is put on hold awaiting parts.

I see. However even if it did work with the AGM nozzle, the nozzle wouldn't last enough anyways... :P

-Luis

Does anyone have a problem with the nozzle sometimes not moving back with the bolt carrier when the bolt locks back? The GHK mag I have locks the bolt carrier back consistently all the way, but sometimes the white nozzle itself only moves back partway, or barely at all. It's really random.