Hey Guys,

Here's the PGC/Pro-Win Hop-up replica:

http://www.boomarms.com/sc/viewproductdeta...?ProductID=3059

DSC00309.jpg

Boomarms is the ONLY retailer with it as of now. I originally bought mine from PX-Airsoft but they don't stock them anymore.

Also keep in mind that the actual PGC hop-up is $45, this one's $15!

It uses a proprietary bucking, which is included. Unfortunately, it will NOT accept AEG buckings.

However, it does take AEG inner barrels with nothing but great results.

I'll test with .28g and .25g BBs as soon as I sell my TM mags and my M961 light.

Stay tuned. Results with .2g BBs were great.

-Luis

Edited by Luis21
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aye, ordered one up for testing along with the firing block hop up rubber and the steel trigger set

been totting up the parts and if the trigger and bolt carrier from these check out OK, then theres now the option of gutting everything internally in favour of steel parts aluminium hop and buffer etc for around 200 bucks

The amount of WA compatible items that showed up on ebbaned is out of this world. The thing that makes me very happy is the firing block with the bolt stop. Although that nozzle looks pretty indestructible I would like to know how much it weighs :) .

I'll leave testing of it to you, I've got 3 AGM complete BCG that are working just fine now ond no funds to spare :) .

Hmm... I'll probably end up getting one of those steel bolt carriers at some point in the future, but for now I'm gona let it be, what with finances and all that.

Looks good, though :D

Last night installed GP hop rubber and that 5ku metal hop because the front lip on the plastic one broke. Test shooting later but so far I'm totally unimpressed with the action of the hop in regards to adjustment. To have some hop you have to use a stronger spring for depressing the nub, but the hop arm is flexible so adjustment on the hop wheel lessens the amount fo hop just a little because it cannot cope with the stronger spring. Damn cheap *albatross* materials that come stock with the gun. Need a replacement of the whole hop unit, bad...

Anyway, the replacement AGM nozzle is holding so far, looks like they really made some improvements in the materials. Also, the nozzle without tinkering gives around 370-380 fps...that's good in my book.

Anyone tried that GP whole hop unit set?

Also I had another idea for non RIS mounted M203 users in regards of the hop adjustment issue being that you can't access it. You can just dremel the holes for the front sight up side down so the whole barrel rotates for 180 degrees around it's longer axis meaning you can adjust your hop from above.

Edited by mutikasha

first one I had to deal with of that style was the original RAT one needed to shave a little material off the bottom of the front of the actuator (ahead of the pivot point) shaved some off the top of the actuating lever (atop surface behind the pivot point up to where the spring sits) then shaved a little off the nubs over two or three passes

after that it worked fine. when it came to trying the cheapy CNC part I pulled lever Id modded for the RAT one stuck it into that and it worked fine there too On mine the hop was always visibly on while sat inside the RAT hop unit untill the lever was modded in that way (even when spring wasnt fitted/tensioned)

would like to see someone bring out the actuating lever on its own from a harder material though..

Augustus:

That spring goes into the left side of the firing block(part #81). There's a small hole in the upper portion. The detent(#97) goes in first and then the spring follows in behind it.

Multikasha:

Try getting the Wantong PGC copy hop-up chamber for AEG barrels. It's on Boomarms. It's great and comes with everything.

Hey, are you talking about the Element loading nozzle? It looks real good.

-Luis

Edited by Luis21

turn the bolt catch/firing block towards you so your facing the bolt catch button straight on, just to the right of the bolt catch is a small hole near top of the block, slide the detente pin into that hole narrow end first Once the pin is in feed the spring in - it'll protrude a fair amount

Once you've slid the firing block and bolt catch almost fully home into the lower receiver, compress the spring so it sits flush with the mouth of the hole and the block can then be slid right down into place The inside wall of the lower receiver will keep the spring under proper tension

Try getting the Wantong PGC copy hop-up chamber for AEG barrels. It's on Boomarms. It's great and comes with everything.

Hey, are you talking about the Element loading nozzle? It looks real good.

-Luis

I'm not yet in the mode to change to AEG barrels. That element nozzle I will try on monday, now I'm still taking about the AGM replacement one.

Ive got two of those element nozzles, works like a dream! Only problem was that there was no any instructions how to assemble it :D (there`s more parts in element nozzle than agm)

Spend good two hours and finally got it right.

parts in my 061:

-Element nozzle in AGM bolt carrier

-PGC/Pro-Win Hop-up replica and 6.04 Cyma barrel (waiting for vanaras, cyma is too short, from ak74su)

-ACM bearing hammer

-Element reinforced spring-set

Everything else is stock.

Bolt catch didnt work even whit those 8bbs behind mainspring. Waiting for my 5ku mags...

ACM antirotation lins wont fit with acm hammer. (bearings shafthole too small)

ACM steel sear wont fit AGM trigger. Needs some filing.

Ive got two of those element nozzles, works like a dream! Only problem was that there was no any instructions how to assemble it :D (there`s more parts in element nozzle than agm)

Spend good two hours and finally got it right.

parts in my 061:

-Element nozzle in AGM bolt carrier

-PGC/Pro-Win Hop-up replica and 6.04 Cyma barrel (waiting for vanaras, cyma is too short, from ak74su)

-ACM bearing hammer

-Element reinforced spring-set

Everything else is stock.

Bolt catch didnt work even whit those 8bbs behind mainspring. Waiting for my 5ku mags...

ACM antirotation lins wont fit with acm hammer. (bearings shafthole too small)

ACM steel sear wont fit AGM trigger. Needs some filing.

I'm glad you got your gun working Mahonen.

I'm also anxiously waiting on 6 5KU mags myself.......

-Luis

@Luis

Is that PGC copy free of that darn spring system? If it is I may turn into a beliver.

Right now I have to use a stronger spring to get hop on the GP ruber.. .30g are sailing sky high, about .23 I wont even mentione...

Tried .43 vanaras but those things are near invisible so I can't tell if they go up or down in normal conditions.

@Luis

Is that PGC copy free of that darn spring system? If it is I may turn into a beliver.

Right now I have to use a stronger spring to get hop on the GP ruber.. .30g are sailing sky high, about .23 I wont even mentione...

Tried .43 vanaras but those things are near invisible so I can't tell if they go up or down in normal conditions.

Yes, the PGC copy DOES NOT use/need a spring to put pressure on the rubber. It's a way better design.

Also, there's NO more broken hop-up lips with this one since it has no plastic lips that the loading nozzle slam into. It's just the hop-up rubber on the loading nozzle. Yeah!

I strongly recommend it. Especially since it's $15!

-Luis

Yes, the PGC copy DOES NOT use/need a spring to put pressure on the rubber. It's a way better design.

Also, there's NO more broken hop-up lips with this one since it has no plastic lips that the loading nozzle slam into. It's just the hop-up rubber on the loading nozzle. Yeah!

I strongly recommend it. Especially since it's $15!

-Luis

Does anyone have any leads on retailers for the PGC hop up kit or the copy? The only place I've been able to find either is on RedWolf and they are out of stock.

In case I can't find the PGC, what's the collective opinion around here of the "JDT" hop up on ebairsoft?

Does anyone have any leads on retailers for the PGC hop up kit or the copy? The only place I've been able to find either is on RedWolf and they are out of stock.

In case I can't find the PGC, what's the collective opinion around here of the "JDT" hop up on ebairsoft?

that one?

as far as JDT goes you're not going to get much by way of a meaningful collective opinion on a hop rubber thats only been out since thursday or friday speculation yes, actual hands on personal experience no

so at risk of adding to the speculation what I will say is

1 - the rubber is described as JDT Taiwan made, the chamber is described as china made and looks awfully like a chamber EBB was already selling - so chances are Ebb just took an off the shelf chamber and chucked this JDT rubber in along with it (PX airsoft only sells the rubber as a JDT part no mention of a JDT chamber on there).

2 IF both are up to snuff then you can expect similar deal to using an RAT hop rubber and RAT chamber, or an RAT hop rubber and china made dupe of that chamber. I modded the actuating arm and get on OK with that, others complain its impossible to run that without overhop

Edited by snorkelman

that one?

as far as JDT goes you're not going to get much by way of a meaningful collective opinion on a hop rubber thats only been out since thursday or friday speculation yes, actual hands on personal experience no

so at risk of adding to the speculation what I will say is

1 - the rubber is described as JDT Taiwan made, the chamber is described as china made and looks awfully like a chamber EBB was already selling - so chances are Ebb just took an off the shelf chamber and chucked this JDT rubber in along with it (PX airsoft only sells the rubber as a JDT part no mention of a JDT chamber on there).

2 IF both are up to snuff then you can expect similar deal to using an RAT hop rubber and RAT chamber, or an RAT hop rubber and china made dupe of that chamber. I modded the actuating arm and get on OK with that, others complain its impossible to run that without overhop

Ah, I wasn't aware that the JDT one had only been out for a few days.

Thanks for the BoomArms link. That appears to be the one, and I went ahead and ordered it. BoomArms sure has a funny ordering method. I guess I'm supposed to just paypal the total that they emailed me to the order@boomarms.com address?

Thanks for the BoomArms link. That appears to be the one, and I went ahead and ordered it. BoomArms sure has a funny ordering method. I guess I'm supposed to just paypal the total that they emailed me to the order@boomarms.com address?

couldnt tell you for definate though that sounds logical enough :) I kinda lost the will to live before getting to the end of their checkout procedure so have never ordered from them :D

Still I expect someone will be along in a min or two who has and can confirm.

@ Luis

You definitely got my attention now, but I think I will go with the PGC one, not the copy. Because of the fact that is solely uses a single type of rubber. What AEG inner are you using, also what bb weight?

Done some test shooting today...it is quit amazing how .23 go sky high after ten meters. think that those .43 g are going quite straight but are near impossible to see.

The weak spot in the system is that hop arm, can't express how frustrated I am about the lousy hop design, it is like they never seen a good AEG hop system before.

@ Luis

You definitely got my attention now, but I think I will go with the PGC one, not the copy. Because of the fact that is solely uses a single type of rubber. What AEG inner are you using, also what bb weight?

Done some test shooting today...it is quit amazing how .23 go sky high after ten meters. think that those .43 g are going quite straight but are near impossible to see.

The weak spot in the system is that hop arm, can't express how frustrated I am about the lousy hop design, it is like they never seen a good AEG hop system before.

The PGC hop-up chamber also uses a proprietary hop-up rubber. It cannot use AEG rubbers. Only AEG barrels. Same with the copy.

I am currently using a 2 year old CA M4 363mm AEG inner barrel. It hasn't even been cleaned and the accuracy is still 100x better than with the AGM chamber and barrel. My gun was dialed in at about 350 or so FPS.

I was using .2g BBs and those weren't getting overhopped! Accuracy was good, I can't wait to see how my gun shoots with .25g BBs.

And yes, I feel your anger, the AGM hop-up sucks balls.

Anyways, I bought these items:

-JDT Steel BCG

-ACM adjustable recoil buffer

-6x 5KU mags

I will probably end up writing a review or doing a youtube video that will cover the JDT BCG in-depth.

-Luis

The stock AGM hop works well if you know what you're doing. You need to do some modifications on it along with the scotch tape add-on on the hop bucking to prevent the bb dribbling fix.

I got my AGM M4 to shoot nice and consistent. Then again, I ended up switching to the WA M4 mags as those are the ones I am also using on my G&P WOC.