3-4000 rounds? I have to differ there Luis. My brand new AGM bcg started to crackle after ~200 rounds, so had to buy a new one(put an plastic NPAS into it too), and my friends gun had the following problems: after ~1000 rounds: trigger sear broke, ~2000 rounds: bcg cracked into two. Both of us use green gas.

So I would recommend changing the following to make the gun somewhat durable: (I try to stay at the low budget side) Anti rotation links,an aluminum bolt carrier, plastic NPAS, steel boltcatch, and a chinese PGC Hop chamber copy. And after this, changing the parts as they broke.

Yes, at first the AGM quality was so inconsistent from gun to gun. Some people had good guns out of the box with working hop-ups while others had guns that seemed to be damned.

I was one of the AGM owners whose loading nozzle lasted about 2000 rounds or so before it gave out. I used green gas as well.

And yes you do have to replace lots of parts for it to be skirmishable in the LONG run. That's expected though since the gun is made up of moving parts where stress and wear is inevitable.

I'll be taking care of the crunchy bunny by sending him a parts list via PM.

Thanks,

-Luis

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first AGM nozzle didn't last 200 rnds, hop was way off. The replacement AGM nozzle lasted for a good 2-3000 rounds and for so little money, this is an ok deal. Just broke it this weekend, the part that loads bb-s from the mag broke, not where the part 1 and two meet.

Quality has improved since the first batch.

Also my hammer pin broke.

Edited by mutikasha

Cheers luis, it's a rubber bucking so I'll chop it down a bit and see how it goes.

R.e. recommended upgrade parts from stock, I don't think an Alu carrier with steel bolt catch makes as much sense to be honest. The carrier is going to be the more expensive of the two and with that parts setup you're going to wear it out before you do the catch (presuming you want the bolt lock working that is). A steel carrier is going to cost more initially yes, but I'd rather pay ~$10-20 for a new aluminium catch than have to buy a new carrier every now and again.

R.e. recommended upgrade parts from stock, I don't think an Alu carrier with steel bolt catch makes as much sense to be honest. The carrier is going to be the more expensive of the two and with that parts setup you're going to wear it out before you do the catch (presuming you want the bolt lock working that is). A steel carrier is going to cost more initially yes, but I'd rather pay ~$10-20 for a new aluminium catch than have to buy a new carrier every now and again.

forgot to mention that the boltcarrier has been strenghtened with a piece of steel, where the boltcatch and the bolt carrier meets each other. :D

Hi I have a problem with cycling with Steel JDT. First three four shoots on semi are ok, but then loading nozzle smashes BB inside upper reciever and the mag leaks. It's like unadequate amount of gas from mag (maybe). I use just GHK mags. And I have to add, that this effect happens only occasionally...

Does anybody know, where the problem is? And how to get rid of the problem?

(Use BB 0,3g and AL buffer)

I used to (and still occasionally get) the exact same thing, and by the looks of things people have said it's something to do with the GHK mags. I switched brand off bbs to a higher quality one which helped it a fair amount, although I'm really not sure what the root cause is yet. My guess is that the feed lips are holding the bbs too tight and the weapon mis-feeds, based on the fact when I try to unload them manually they're a right bugger to get out, but I'm not 100%.

Ran the gun on compressed air again this morning. I thought having some PSI figures related to performance would be interesting.

80 PSI - Gun functions inconsistently. Often fails to cycle completely

100 PSI - Gun fires consistently. ROF is slow. Sometimes fails to lock back.

110 PSI - Gun fires and locks back. ROF still suffers.

120 PSI - Gun fires, locks back and reaches maximum ROF

140 PSI - Gun fires, locks back but no increase in ROF is seen from the 20 PSI boost.

At 120 and beyond the gun shakes so violently that various internal roll pins begin to work loose. First the roll pin that holds the retainer for the nozzle came out. Eventually the carrier would get stuck in the buffer tube. It took a couple of smacks to get it forward again. Took the gun apart to find that the aftermarket buffer had a roll pin that had shaken loose and was rubbing against the inside of the tube. The Anti rotation pins came loose and the delta ring shakes past the poorly cut threads in the upper reciever. I machined down the thick shoulder on the barrel so as to get better thread engagement from the delta ring. I havent even begun to work on the hopup, leaking magazines (including a GHK with a sticking valve), or damaged valve knocker.

Having done these tests I have decided to abandon the platform. The gun is not built or DESIGNED to be reliable. I foresee many months of tweaking to get the gun to perform at a point where I would be comfortable to play a game with it. I have too many other enjoyable projects to continue this.

Edited by t_hum

one option for a bolt carrier setup that might be worth considering is an RAT steel carrier at 100 odd bucks combined with a stock AGM nozzle assembly

Get fed up breaking 8 dollar AGM nozzle/bolt asemblies and you've got a direct upgrade path to complete RAT NPAS assembly by spending the 150 bucks for a full NPAS kit to fit inside it later

The RAT carrier has a few thou of stand off between rear face of the AGM pistonhead and inside face of the blowback chamber which might reduce the likelyhood of cracking the piston face (though depends how much of that wear actually is down to contact in that area)

last I looked I think the carrier on its own is something like 120 bucks? If so compares favourably with the 80 dollar JDT complete steel carrier which doesnt look to be progressing much in terms of upping its cyclic rate I've had a try at lengthening the active stroke with negligable increase in performance (quite tempted to order up an Ino just to see what exactly has changed on production version)

Man, sorry to hear about everyone's problems. Am I the only one who's happy and can skirmish with their gun?? I hope not...

Anyways, I am running my JDT BCG with the stock plastic recoil buffer. Works fine, don't use a heavy aluminum buffer with the BCG...

About the stock tubes breaking, I'm starting to wonder what's up..

One thing I'd recommend anyone to try that wants snappy blowback action is this:

-Find a way to keep the steel insert that engages the bolt catch inside the AGM bolt carrier. Use good glues.

-Get a TON of $8 replacement nozzles off of Gunner

Heck, you can just find a way to keep the steel nub in the bolt carrier and just get one of those new RA-Tech aluminum loading nozzles. It's the same as if you would of bought 9 AGM nozzles.......

-Luis

0908260151446210.jpg

I know that marui made them thicker because of the gearbox, but I didnt know they had to make it longer.

does this mean that the GBB and real steel receivers are not only thinner, but are shorter than the AEG receivers? or is it just the AGM thats shorter?

0908260151446210.jpg

I know that marui made them thicker because of the gearbox, but I didnt know they had to make it longer.

does this mean that the GBB and real steel receivers are not only thinner, but are shorter than the AEG receivers? or is it just the AGM thats shorter?

They are different but it's probably by a little. You can definitely feel the differences though. Welcome to GBBRs, one step closer to realism.

Also, it might seem shorter because the AEG receiver has the long pipe at the rear for attaching the stock tube whereas the AGM(and other GBBRs have internal threading with nothing protruding from the back.

-Luis

Edited by Luis21
They are different but it's probably by a little. You can definitely feel the differences though. Welcome to GBBRs, one step closer to realism.

Also, it might seem shorter because the AEG receiver has the long pipe at the rear for attaching the stock tube whereas the AGM(and other GBBRs have internal threading with nothing protruding from the back.

-Luis

Aye, the breakdown and parts are frighteningly similar to RS.. except that bit about the AGM receiver's rail height being a match for AEG's

Aye, the breakdown and parts are frighteningly similar to RS.. except that bit about the AGM receiver's rail height being a match for AEG's

Yup, it's crazy but the receiver alignment does suck at times......

No biggie though, as long as your gun is shooting fine.

-Luis

thats what I wanted to hear. :))

Im really considering getting into GBBRs now.

thanks for the answers guys!

I swear it's fun, not a bit of a money hole. .223 magazines are cheaper than good GBBR mags :P

That receiver looks tempting.... I may take a chance on it even if it just ends up as a $90 parts bin