• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

based on the VAST amount of aftermarket and reinforced parts available for this platform; is it possible to build a complete rifle from scratch yet? or is a donor rifle needed due to availability of misc parts?

yes you can wether its cost effective over buying a donor gun depends on wether some parts are available at any given time and what you're planning to build

building a bog standard M4a1? then grabbing a JG and snaffling the trigger guard, pistol grip, stock, handguards, front sight, flash hider, gas tube, ejection port cover, charging handle, auto hammer lock, lower receiver tower end plate, pistol grip mount and firing block from it is much cheaper than buying them individually.

however if you're building something more distinctive then you might not have use for almost any of that

the potentially awkward bits to source are:

firing block - the only sensibly priced one is the JDT/Ino block complete with steel bolt stop and firing pin at 30-odd bucks but seems to be out of stock at moment. Only alternatives are ridiculously priced steel one from Japan (if ever there was one part on entire rifle that didnt have to be steel its the firing block) or sourcing one as part of an Inokatsu parts kit (140 bucks set) or as part of a 'prime lower receiver kit' - a collection of G&P parts that go for 200 odd dollars. Buying either of those ties you into a bundle of other parts that arent neccessarily best value for money.

pistol grip mount - sits inside the receiver and not all MBKs come with one. I think the G&P one is available on its own from WGC or redwolf If in doubt buy the MBK first and see if its got one before ordering one up as its a pretty useless part to end up sitting with an unneccessary spare of.

choice of hop unit needs a wee bit of care and attention as to which one if you're doing a ground up build. The RA-tech ones and clones of the RA-Tech one dont come with a barrel adjuster or actuating arm, you're expected to rob those parts from your existing hop unit so avoid those Prime and PGC hop units come as complete assemblies so those (or their clones) would be a better option for a ground up build - esp the ones that can take an AEG inner barel and hop rubber as you dont need to go buying a WA GBB specific inner barrel then.

everything else can be picked up individually the only real annoyance is having to layout best part of 40 bucks for a G&P steel forward assist as theres no cheapy version available just yet

Personally, I'd just buy the cheapest clone rifle you can and work from that if you're really meaning to replace 99% of the parts. As snorkelman very nicely put it, which way works out cheapest will depend on the availability of certain specific parts, but even in the worst case scenario I can't see you 'wasting' much money's worth of bits. Also if you're someone who's not familiar with the WA system (and this is more of a general statement) then having to look at as a reference would be more than worth the price I'd say.

yep Id agree with that, even as a big 3d model of where everything more or less should go its worth it. The only real bummer is having to lay out shipping costs for 3 kilos of dead weight you wouldnt be using though if you pick the right gun you could probably flog most of it off as spares and recoup a chunk of the outlay

Thanks guys for the awesome information.

The primary problem would be sourcing ALL the parts from multiple retailers and getting raped with shipping charges from each respective company.

However; the only reason I'm looking at this with a potential smile is that I'll be going overseas soon with a hope that I can pick up all these parts and have em come back with me.

The only obstacle I ran into is trying to find a clear enough exploded diagram of the WA system GBB rifles lurking around. All the ones I found are clear to the point of BIG friggen common parts but fuzzy to the point of no return for the small misc parts (which have become a pain in the *albatross* to research thus far)

So I was thinking; since I'll be getting a agm/jg or whatever only to upgrade virtually every part of it to a suit my needs; why not just build from the ground up since it seems all of a sudden all AGM manufacturers decided to jump on the reinforced and aftermarket parts bandwagon.

There are receivers, springs, barrels, hop units, alot of MISC parts such as triggers, take down pins, a whole assortment of reinforced internal firing mechs and such what could possibly be missing to build a complete rifle from the ground up? The only thing I'm worried is small tiny pins used to keep certain parts together like AEG's which are virtually impossible to purchase alone.

So instead of ending up with a pile of spare parts I'll never use Id figure using knowing every last piece on your gun might of been logical.

Id definitely PM you guys in the coming times once midterms week is over for me and I get some more time to look more in depth.

Thanks =)

Thanks guys for the awesome information.

The primary problem would be sourcing ALL the parts from multiple retailers and getting raped with shipping charges from each respective company.

However; the only reason I'm looking at this with a potential smile is that I'll be going overseas soon with a hope that I can pick up all these parts and have em come back with me.

The only obstacle I ran into is trying to find a clear enough exploded diagram of the WA system GBB rifles lurking around. All the ones I found are clear to the point of BIG friggen common parts but fuzzy to the point of no return for the small misc parts (which have become a pain in the *albatross* to research thus far)

So I was thinking; since I'll be getting a agm/jg or whatever only to upgrade virtually every part of it to a suit my needs; why not just build from the ground up since it seems all of a sudden all AGM manufacturers decided to jump on the reinforced and aftermarket parts bandwagon.

There are receivers, springs, barrels, hop units, alot of MISC parts such as triggers, take down pins, a whole assortment of reinforced internal firing mechs and such what could possibly be missing to build a complete rifle from the ground up? The only thing I'm worried is small tiny pins used to keep certain parts together like AEG's which are virtually impossible to purchase alone.

So instead of ending up with a pile of spare parts I'll never use Id figure using knowing every last piece on your gun might of been logical.

Id definitely PM you guys in the coming times once midterms week is over for me and I get some more time to look more in depth.

Thanks =)

A diagram like this? (see attachment) Nothing is labeled by name, but it may help you to identify missing parts, and most places seem to know what you mean when you reference the WA part numbers on that diagram.

Also, keep in mind that many of the small misc parts are interchangeable with real AR-15 parts, or can be made to work with a little bit of fitting. That opens up a whole other supply source from you, since AR parts are cheap and easy to find in the US. Things like the grip, takedown pins, gas block, dust cover, stock (depending on what reciever you choose), etc can be sourced easily from any number AR parts companies, and they're probably higher quality and more durable than anything you'd get from an overseas airsoft site.

WAparts.pdf

Edited by Bob The Great

Well, I have decided to jump on the clone GBB ar15 bandwagon, with parts coming from all over the place. Ordered what I believe is a ACM m4a1 (ris), 5ku back adjusting hopup chamber, replacement pistol grip and some rail covers from airsoft global, a PWS diablo from a new shop called http://www.pro--t.com/ which has the right barrel for the WA system, and a Voltor style bolt + clone NPAS from airsoft PX. Will be interesting to see if it all goes together as I hope.

everything else can be picked up individually the only real annoyance is having to layout best part of 40 bucks for a G&P steel forward assist as theres no cheapy version available just yet

There is now!

$16.00 at PX... Fair price!

@colazel:

If I remember correctly, the bolt rubber is what the charging handle hits when it is completely forward.

I got the Clone NPAS from PX-airsoft yesterday.

I installed it right into the stock AGM nozzle, without any hazzle. Its pretty much identical to the RA-TECH i followed their instruction video infact :).

It works wonders, but one thing i notice is that its a lot tighter, the back of the npas is a little bit bigger and thus it wont move as freely as the stock back of the nozzle.

I solved this by lube and sand the o-ring down a little bit, not much but just a little, its now moving really nice (although still tighter than the original).

Sadly my stock nozzle is actually a little cracked at the back, noticed this when i disassembled it, so i will try the "enhanced" nozzle kit from PX, se if that one is of better quality.

The manufacturer is 5KU, so that would let you have some idea of the quality (wich is superb).

il post pictures later today.

It's not made by 5KU but "Energy" if I can see right... We are talking about this one, aren't we?

http://www.px-airsoft.com/showroom/model/l...93828006262.jpg

This nozzle is different from the Element one, if by nothing else, because it is rigged for NPS setup bu that is not your concern since you will use NPAS part #2.

What was the worst thing about element nozzles is that their nozzle tip got cracked very easily. AGM replacement one gave me far superior results than the Element one. Good luck with this Energy one, be sure to report back :) .

Actually any nozzle is fine by me as long as its compatible with the NPAS, the thing im looking for is durability.

AGM one broke, at the back so purchasing a new AGM nozzle might not be my first choice, the "alu" one att Ebairsoft looks promesing but doesnt seem to be a NPS.

So im torn between what nozzle to get.

Edited by PoleCat