• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

erm no need to dent the four side guides, just wedge a screwdriver under the front face of the baseplate and lever it up high enough that the pressed metal detente formed near front of the baseplate clears the front of the main mag shell - the baseplate will then slide straight out along the four guides

after that knock the split pin out that holds the outer shell to the mag internals, once its out slide the internals out the top of the mag.

Edited by snorkelman

Ok so I'm really interested in getting into the GBB world and I'm deciding between two guns: the AGM RIS and WE SCAR. I'd prefer the AGM if I can make it reliable-I'm planning on buying the clone NPAS, new bolt carrier, hopup chamber/rubber, reinforced pin set, reinforced nozzle spring set, and enhanced buffer - because it apparently has stronger recoil than the SCAR, a large aftermarket, and more mag capacity.

However the SCAR is good quality already and I don't have to worry about parts compatibility/etc for a while. One drawback though is the (I think) lower recoil. I don't want to spend upwards of $300 for a gun that doesn't give me more realism than an AEG.

And I want something that I don't have to spend money on weekly for aftermarket parts.

So can someone give me a little guidance and/or correct any errors? I would appreciate it.

Ok so I'm really interested in getting into the GBB world and I'm deciding between two guns: the AGM RIS and WE SCAR. I'd prefer the AGM if I can make it reliable-I'm planning on buying the clone NPAS, new bolt carrier, hopup chamber/rubber, reinforced pin set, reinforced nozzle spring set, and enhanced buffer - because it apparently has stronger recoil than the SCAR, a large aftermarket, and more mag capacity.

However the SCAR is good quality already and I don't have to worry about parts compatibility/etc for a while. One drawback though is the (I think) lower recoil. I don't want to spend upwards of $300 for a gun that doesn't give me more realism than an AEG.

And I want something that I don't have to spend money on weekly for aftermarket parts.

So can someone give me a little guidance and/or correct any errors? I would appreciate it.

I'd just go with the WE SCAR. You have to have a TON of patience and need lots of tinkering to get an AGM M4 shooting reliably.

-Luis

Does anyone know what tipe of buffer tube has the ACM GBB M4???

I have one (and another on the way) but no buffer tubes to confirm compatibility with other tubes as yet - one reason my review is delayed.

Gunners claims it can 'take real tubes' but while it certainly doesnt take AGM tubes Ive yet to see anyone actually confirm that it does take real/WA/G&P/Ino ones, and doesnt just use a different proprietary thread of its own.

Confirm it as in actually sitting their and screwing a diferent tube onto it.

What I can confirm is that while the inner barel etc are different from WA/AGM etc they can be used along with a conventional WA style hop unit and hop rubber. You can use its inner barrel its adjustment lever and its adjustment drum.

1 the ACM adjuster lever can be fitted into my RAT hop unit (and my cheap CNC hop units) the pivot on the lever is a seperate piece rather than part of the lever but thats the only change to that part and doesnt affect it fitting - just pop the lever and its seperate pin into the hop unit instead of a normal one piece lever.

2 The ACM inner barrel is cut differently at breach end (just a circular hole for the hop rubber to press down thru, rather than whole top cut away like conventional WA design inners) but again doesnt afect fitting/operation of a conventional hop rubber

3 the ACM adjustment drum is a direct swap for conventional WA/AGM/G&P ones no hassles there.

I have one (and another on the way) but no buffer tubes to confirm compatibility with other tubes as yet - one reason my review is delayed.

Gunners claims it can 'take real tubes' but while it certainly doesnt take AGM tubes Ive yet to see anyone actually confirm that it does take real/WA/G&P/Ino ones, and doesnt just use a different proprietary thread of its own.

Confirm it as in actually sitting their and screwing a diferent tube onto it.

What I can confirm is that while the inner barel etc are different from WA/AGM etc they can be used along with a conventional WA style hop unit and hop rubber. You can use its inner barrel its adjustment lever and its adjustment drum.

1 the ACM adjuster lever can be fitted into my RAT hop unit (and my cheap CNC hop units) the pivot on the lever is a seperate piece rather than part of the lever but thats the only change to that part and doesnt affect it fitting - just pop the lever and its seperate pin into the hop unit instead of a normal one piece lever.

2 The ACM inner barrel is cut differently at breach end (just a circular hole for the hop rubber to press down thru, rather than whole top cut away like conventional WA design inners) but again doesnt afect fitting/operation of a conventional hop rubber

3 the ACM adjustment drum is a direct swap for conventional WA/AGM/G&P ones no hassles there.

thanks, if u can take a some pix while we are waiting the review!! :rolleyes:

thanks, if u can take a some pix while we are waiting the review!! :rolleyes:

I would but this ones already been totally stripped and rebuilt so isnt really representative of the stock ACM rifle:

KG GunKote Flat Moly grey upper lower and carry handle

steel chinese multipart barrel set (just using the CQB length section and shortest extension from that)

old set of M4 handguards I had knocking around

steel Element AEG barrel nut

RAT 3 round burst kit

G&P steel mag catch

element steel buffer lock

steel RAT bolt carrier

cheap chinese aluminium hop unit

red JDT hop rubber

aluminium buffer

RAT summer spring

GHK mag :)

I've another one on its way I'll photograph it for the review with standard parts still in it/on it

side.jpg

muzzle.jpg

eject.jpg

I would but this ones already been totally stripped and rebuilt so isnt really representative of the stock ACM rifle:

KG GunKote Flat Moly grey upper lower and carry handle

steel chinese multipart barrel set (just using the CQB length section and shortest extension from that)

old set of M4 handguards I had knocking around

steel Element AEG barrel nut

RAT 3 round burst kit

G&P steel mag catch

element steel buffer lock

steel RAT bolt carrier

cheap chinese aluminium hop unit

red JDT hop rubber

aluminium buffer

RAT summer spring

GHK mag :)

I've another one on its way I'll photograph it for the review with standard parts still in it/on it

nice, did the thread of the AEG fits withouit problem in the the body?

nice, did the thread of the AEG fits withouit problem in the the body?

yep the element steel AEG barrel nut screwed down nice and solid (though the ACM supplied one is solid in that respect too) - I used it in preference over the standard ACM barrel nut because

A it was steel (the ACM barrel nut is alu)

B it was cut for thin shouldered outer barrels which the steel multi-part outer barrel kit is one of - the ACM barrel nut is cut for thick shouldered barrels. I could have used the ACM nut by just dropping some spacer rings down onto the barrel before screwing down the ACM nut (the chinese multipart barrel comes with a set of spacers)

yep the element steel AEG barrel nut screwed down nice and solid (though the ACM supplied one is solid in that respect too) - I used it in preference over the standard ACM barrel nut because

A it was steel (the ACM barrel nut is alu)

B it was cut for thin shouldered outer barrels which the steel multi-part outer barrel kit is one of - the ACM barrel nut is cut for thick shouldered barrels. I could have used the ACM nut by just dropping some spacer rings down onto the barrel before screwing down the ACM nut (the chinese multipart barrel comes with a set of spacers)

could you put a link where can i get the element nut?

also i want to put the new larue RIS 9inch with 9 inch barrel. (see link)

RIS

http://www.ebairsoft.com/ar15-handguard-tube-p-2496.html

Barrel

http://www.ebairsoft.com/metal-outer-barrel-p-2380.html

any sugestions?

also i have in the mail the Element Magpul replica CTR stock in tan, will fit the buffer tube wich comes with the M4?

if you're going with a larue free float system then you'ld just use the free float barrel nut supplied with it no need for a conventional barrel nut

the one I used I pinched from an element delta ring assembly that would be same as this one (the delta ring is alloy I just pinched the steel barrel nut from it)

http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/catalog/produ...roducts_id=1153

re the larue handguard length are you sure you want a 9" barrel along with a 9" handguard?

fit the two together on one rifle and Im pretty sure the front of the LR will extend far enough to cover even the flashider attached to the barrel (whereas a 9" LR along with a 10" barrel will have the entire barrel shrouded except the flashider)

eg heres an 11" LR fitted along with a 12" barrel

StealthProfileSheet_Rev-3-16-09.jpg

CTR stock will it fit the ACM buffer tube? the ACM tube is 1.171" diameter which is civilian spec, the inner diameter of the CTR stock would need to be wide enough for it to fit.

If the CTR stock is expecting to go on a milspec tube then it would need the stock tube on the rifle to be 1.145 to 1.150" diameter, and the only way then for you to be able to fit it onto the ACM is if the ACM tube can be replaced with a real steal milspec tube, or a WA GBB tube that adheres to that mil spec dimensions (ie G&P etc) Trouble is until the one I ordered turns up in the post Ive no way of telling wether one of those will screw onto the ACM receiver.