• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going for a mod that wouldn't be visible from the outside, if that is what you mean. I was more interested in dremeling a bit of the sear or something like that. Problem is I don't know exactly what.

It's pretty simple to do if you understand the Stoner mechanism.

Step 1: Remove the auto sear and spring and throw them away (or put them away for future use)

Step 2: Disassemble the trigger group and pull out the disconnector

Step 3: Cut the "tail" off of the disconnector so that the selector switch cannot engage it

Step 4: Profit

Here's an example of the mod you need to make. The finished disconnector should look like the AR-15 part.

disconnector.gif

After this, the disconnector will catch the hammer every time, regardless of selector position (except safe, of course), and the gun will fire only in semi-auto.

Been reading through this and the other GBB M4 threads with great interest.

I'm now torn between AGM / KJW / WE. Biggest factor though I think are the Co2 mags so WE looks a clear winner however I had a go of an AGM at a recent skirmish and the guy said he was using WE mags in it (gas not Co2) I can't tell the difference as I haven't seen both other than pictures and never took the mag out of the gun.

Now my initial thoughts were the guy had made a mistake and they were WA mags however when looking at Airsoft world I saw this http://www.airsoftworld.net/agm-gas-m4-magazine-we.html they sate the AGM mags work in the WE. It stands to reason that the reverse would also be true.

There was a post on another forum a while back a guy said he'd tried a WE Co2 mag in his AGM and it was fine, but the post seemed to pass un-noticed so I assumed he was an unreliable source.

Perhaps someone on here can shed some light on the mags issue?? Please no one saying they don't fit unless they have actually tried them. I'm really wanting a GBBR and don't want to dismiss the AGM only to find WE mags work.

Cheers

so I read through the first and last ~20 pages of this thread, and it seems like the AGM M4 takes a bit of work to get working smoothly, but how do you think it fares out of the box as a casual plinker?

Basically, does it shoot and blow back out of the box well enough not to warrant all the parts and mods to make it skirmish-able?

so I read through the first and last ~20 pages of this thread, and it seems like the AGM M4 takes a bit of work to get working smoothly, but how do you think it fares out of the box as a casual plinker?

Basically, does it shoot and blow back out of the box well enough not to warrant all the parts and mods to make it skirmish-able?

Yeah, it doesn't need all the fancy work.. I've shot a good number of rounds through my 061. Only problems I've had were a wobbly barrel (fixed by cleaning up the mating faces + epoxy), loose castle nut (loc-tite), and a funky hopup (tape around the barrel + a replacement for the plastic one that a misfed bb was able to crack..

With those parts/fixes, it's costed about $25 for me to keep this running since early June.. That seems pretty good to me considering by now I would've gotten bored with an AEG, opened a gearbox, and ended up rebuilding it out of lack of better things to do :P

Optionally, and well worth it however, is to pick up some other mags. I've got a GHK and 5KU.. Both work well enough, but the GHK has proved more reliable in terms of not leaking.

Can anyone confirm how the ACM relates to the AGM / JG ??

They're all based off the WA design.

However the JG has trouble fitting other bolt carriers inside its receiver and the ACM version, according to Snorkel, has more steel internals such as the bolt catch.

They're all a bang for your buck though.

-Luis

trivial between the bolt catches on the AGM and JG

bottom line all three guns are full of cheap *suitcase* that shouldnt be relied on. You might hit lucky you might not, best to budget for not hitting lucky.

Of the three Id buy the ACM cos the parts worth keeping on it are greater in number than parts worth keeping on the other two

receiver is metal with decent fit (JG is plastic), can take off the shelf buffer tubes if you fancy a different buttstock (AGM is non standard), better defined threads on upper receiver (AGM arent cut as nicely), less wobble on the RIS, takes any off the shelf bolt carrier (JG is fussy) has a steel bolt catch as standard (10 bucks you'ld need to spend on either of the others)

Mag its supplied with is a wee bit better than the stock AGM one, while the recoil spring it uses is halfway between the strength of an AGM one and RATs summer one - which makes it just strong enough for half decent ROF using heavy bolt carriers without being soooo strong to make the gun a short stroking gas hog.

trigger hammer and selector are usual potmetalonium as found on JG and AGM too Id budget 30 bucks for swapping those out for steel ones on any of the three you buy Same goes for the bolt carriers you might get a mag or two and see it collapse or you might get umpteen thousand rounds its luck of the draw. Another 80 bucks to one side for that eventuality.

not sure the G&P bolt carrier is one worth buying, its nice enough for a stock part supplied with a rifle but its still ultimately just a diecast bolt carrier and folks still have a tendency to swap it out.

I'd be more inclned to stick the cash to one side and see how much mileage you get out of the standard carrier supplied with the rifle, though that does leave you with prospect of a bit of a delay waiting for a new bolt carrier to arrive as a seperate order if you run with the ACM one untill it breaks.