• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the general consensus on bolt groups at the moment?

I'm thinking either stock bolt with element nozzle set or JDT bolt carrier group and lighten the bolt.

What's my options without spending the cost of a GBBR over again. Any tried and tested setups?

My selection criteria are...

1) Long lasting

2) Good recoil "feel"

3) At least one mag from 1 fill of gas

Not fussed for a fast rate of fire with only 50rnds, my Mac11 gives me that with 28rps lol. That said I don't want a slug.

Id say:

once this is available for sale (mid december is what i heard):

http://www.ebairsoft.com/aabb-aluminum-loa...ure-p-2635.html

Then you pair that with the heaviest aluminium bolt carrier or a good steel one. BC seems there is plenty of, but aluminium nozzles is hard to come by.

Edited by PoleCat

Didn't have a setup that in, normal +12 C, didn't give me one full mag of bb's out of it in one fill. Which gas you use is critical.

AGM nozzle - in my opinion pretty good one. Two out of three are holding up very well. Default they are setup for NPS - this is a good thing.

One that broke on me is a bit more white than the other two (like the stock nozzle that broke almost instantly). So, if it's a more yellowish plastic, it's probably good. Somwhere in this thread I pictured the old versus new AGM nozzle side by side.

Element ones - two out of three broke very fast, not at the back, but the nozzle tip is very fragile. The pins supplied don't fit. They are default set to PPS so you have to modify it a little. I would avoid them if I were you.

Right now, the only reliable one could be the aluminum RA-TECH, but I haven't tried it yet. This would be sweet in combination with an alu BCG.

Yeah I'd noticed that on EBB not sure how well an aluminium bolt will hold up against the steel bolt catch?

Well, alot better than a plastic one, thats for sure.

RA-tech one could be a good alternative, but its not really a cheap alterantive, and it is said to only fit their own Bolt Carrier

I've bought an AGM M4 GBBR as a project, to make a cheap but useable step into gas powered airsoft guns. After doing plenty of research, I'm still not sure what would fit certainly and what would be advisable. I was looking at this setup:

RA-TECH Steel sear

RA-TECH Complete hop up & innerbarrel set (M:363mm)

RA-TECH WA bolt stop

RA-TECH New Version Aluminum Nozzle w/NPAS

RA-TECH Aluminum Nozzle tip

That's about 200€ with shipping. But this also seems like a good alternative:

5KU WA GBB M4 CNC Steel Sear

G&P WA 6.08mm Inner Barrel with Hop Up Chamber Set

G&P WA Steel Bolt Stop (3x as expensive as RA-Tech)

G&P WA Complete Bolt Carrier (NPAS) (Die Cast Carrier, PA Nozzle)

That will run at 140€ with shipping. But will it be decent enough ? I don't mind paying more if it is a lot more reliable.

Now my question is, is this stuff all compatible with a stock AGM M4 ? Should I replace anything else ? I'm also going to add that I plan on running duster gas, as field limits are 360fps here and I rather have a rifle that lasts a 1000 rounds longer than 40-60fps more...

Another question: what options do I have for the flimsy handguard ? Is there a RIS/RAS available that's affordable and doesn't require (many) other parts or modding ?

Funny thing, lots of people here have bought lots of upgraded stuff to get their gun working, I just fiddled around with it, the only part I changed was the bolt stop and ambi selector, just because i like having an ambi selector.

The dribbling problem I solved by cleaning up the hop up chamber, shave some fleshing of the plastic and made a DIY hop up nub,to fix the magazine leaking I used teflon tape and some sealant, super glued a small metal bit on the BCG, the other parts, except the breaking of the buffer tube, all still works fine and I use my gun quite a lot, weekends and plinking on some afternoon...

just saying that IMO you dont need to change/upgrade every part to get it working, just some minor work needed...

Funny thing, lots of people here have bought lots of upgraded stuff to get their gun working, I just fiddled around with it, the only part I changed was the bolt stop and ambi selector, just because i like having an ambi selector.

The dribbling problem I solved by cleaning up the hop up chamber, shave some fleshing of the plastic and made a DIY hop up nub,to fix the magazine leaking I used teflon tape and some sealant, super glued a small metal bit on the BCG, the other parts, except the breaking of the buffer tube, all still works fine and I use my gun quite a lot, weekends and plinking on some afternoon...

just saying that IMO you dont need to change/upgrade every part to get it working, just some minor work needed...

Well said man. This gun is as reliable and skirmishable as YOU(the user) make it.

Too many people think it's ready to go out of the box. Small checks and some reinforcement prior to using it can go a long way.

-Luis

Well, I have yet to fire the first shot with it. But you read so much about about all important parts fail very soon and you better replace them as soon as possible. I don't know enough to Do It Myself, so I'm lucky if I can get everything working with aftermarket parts. I'd rather pay 200€ than throw the gun away out of pure frustration. When I bought it, I knew it would cost me.

The best way to do it is use it. Find out what works, what doesn't work. Fix it. Use it. Find out what wears and what breaks. Replace those parts one by one.

GBB's have a very slim margin of error and aftermarket parts often don't "plug and play" with each other, so replacing them one by one is crucial so you don't get frustrated when things don't work out.

These GBB's are also very simple so it's not hard to work on them yourself. They don't have many moving parts and faults in function are pretty easy to find once you fully understand the operation.

Are many people using the 3rnd burst kit?

Is the rate of burst fire the same as the normal full auto?

There is a newly released 3-rnd burst kit clone on the frontpage of px-airsoft.com

It's only $45! Why even consider the RA-Tech.......

The rate of fire should be the same since it's full auto getting cut off after the 3rd round.

It also depends on the carrier that you're using.

-Luis

Cheers I'll check it out.

I'm thinking it'll help conserve ammo for any adrenaline fuelled trigger pulls.

mmm steel too would do away with the need for a steel sear & hammer.

Yup, definitely an ammo saver.

Steel, yep. Couple that kit with a steel bolt stop and you got a solid lower receiver group.

I would try it but I'm not really a huge fan of 3-rnd bursts....

-Luis

I tried my mates GHK mag, it was a tight fit and it shoots ok, he had to sand down the inside of his G&P M4 to get it to go in and out smoothly... but he and I agree that Bomber mags are better, I've never had any problem with my Bomber mags...

Thanks for the response. Did you notice a difference in recoil and/or FPS? I know that GHK mags spit out more liquid though.

-Luis

After a few inserts and removals, GHK mags wear themselves in. At the most you should sand the magazine and not the receiver, especially if you don't plan to run GHK mags exclusively. What happens if a better mag comes out that is now a little smaller? Now that mag would fit loose.

I've bought an AGM M4 GBBR as a project, to make a cheap but useable step into gas powered airsoft guns. After doing plenty of research, I'm still not sure what would fit certainly and what would be advisable. I was looking at this setup:

RA-TECH Steel sear

RA-TECH Complete hop up & innerbarrel set (M:363mm)

RA-TECH WA bolt stop

RA-TECH New Version Aluminum Nozzle w/NPAS

RA-TECH Aluminum Nozzle tip

That's about 200€ with shipping. But this also seems like a good alternative:

5KU WA GBB M4 CNC Steel Sear

G&P WA 6.08mm Inner Barrel with Hop Up Chamber Set

G&P WA Steel Bolt Stop (3x as expensive as RA-Tech)

G&P WA Complete Bolt Carrier (NPAS) (Die Cast Carrier, PA Nozzle)

That will run at 140€ with shipping. But will it be decent enough ? I don't mind paying more if it is a lot more reliable.

Now my question is, is this stuff all compatible with a stock AGM M4 ? Should I replace anything else ? I'm also going to add that I plan on running duster gas, as field limits are 360fps here and I rather have a rifle that lasts a 1000 rounds longer than 40-60fps more...

Another question: what options do I have for the flimsy handguard ? Is there a RIS/RAS available that's affordable and doesn't require (many) other parts or modding ?

I actually didn't get a response to this, can anyone please help me out ?